Looking For A Tobacco Flavoring That Tastes Like Unburned Tobacco Smells

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Well, like the title says I want to buy a tobacco flavoring that tastes like a freshly opened pack of cigs smells. A flavor that tastes like that aroma I get when I stick my nose in a bag of unflavored pipe tobacco. I know taste is subjective, but would really like to hear what other ECF members think might fit the bill. Thanks!

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
I'd recommend extracting some of your favorite pipe tobacco. The extracts I've done are spot-on as far as replicating the flavor and aroma of whatever is extracted. It's fairly simple and gives fantastic results.

Thanks for the suggestion. Have considered it but hoping to find something that doesn't require that much effort right now.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
A couple you might like-
From VapingZone, SC line: Mild Seven, Dunhill (maybe)
Hangsen RY1 possibly, I just read a good review of Magic Mix, which I have but haven't gotten around to mixing, HS Gold & Silver is really good but the concentrate is impossible to buy in the States. Caterpillar Vapes has premixed.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I tried the hangsen ry1, ry4, and blended, and although I liked them all, they're just a little too mild to be my favorites. They're great in as much as there's absolutely no 'off' flavors and they do mix well with other flavors as well.

I really like the american red from WL, and even better, the real cig from VZ. Here's a post on the american red. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/438100-tfa-american-red-2.html

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
I tried the hangsen ry1, ry4, and blended, and although I liked them all, they're just a little too mild to be my favorites. They're great in as much as there's absolutely no 'off' flavors and they do mix well with other flavors as well.

I really like the american red from WL, and even better, the real cig from VZ. Here's a post on the american red. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/438100-tfa-american-red-2.html

Thanks for the input. I think we agree on the Hangsen Turkish Blended I have. It was pleasant but so mild when I tried it last year. Appreciate the link to the American Red thread. I actually read the thread a few days ago as it's one of the few tobacco flavors Wizard has in stock. Got put off by all the floral and Dentene gum references in that thread, but probably need to try it. I have VZ Parliament and Real Cig. I have to say I think they have captured a burning analog flavor, and the smokers I have let try RealCig really like it but after several years of not smoking it's just too much ashtray flavor for me.

Right now the closest I have to what I am looking for is some EcigExpress Virginia, which is also mentioned in that American Red thread. It's a Chinese concentrate sold as Tobacco Express. When I first got it, it was so grassy tasting I couldn't handle it. After sitting here sixteen months it has lost the grassy notes and is really nice. Problem is it's three quarters gone and don't have time to let another bottle steep for a year, so I'm searching and hoping for more suggestions.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Thanks for the input. I think we agree on the Hangsen Turkish Blended I have. It was pleasant but so mild when I tried it last year. Appreciate the link to the American Red thread. I actually read the thread a few days ago as it's one of the few tobacco flavors Wizard has in stock. Got put off by all the floral and Dentene gum references in that thread, but probably need to try it. I have VZ Parliament and Real Cig. I have to say I think they have captured a burning analog flavor, and the smokers I have let try RealCig really like it but after several years of not smoking it's just too much ashtray flavor for me.

Right now the closest I have to what I am looking for is some EcigExpress Virginia, which is also mentioned in that American Red thread. It's a Chinese concentrate sold as Tobacco Express. When I first got it, it was so grassy tasting I couldn't handle it. After sitting here sixteen months it has lost the grassy notes and is really nice. Problem is it's three quarters gone and don't have time to let another bottle steep for a year, so I'm searching and hoping for more suggestions.

I had to chuckle a little on the year's steeping time...I have a hard time waiting three or four weeks lol.

The VZ stuff is very strong. I mixed my first batch of real cig at 3% and I had to cut it back to about 2% after a couple of days.

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
I had to chuckle a little on the year's steeping time...I have a hard time waiting three or four weeks lol.

The VZ stuff is very strong. I mixed my first batch of real cig at 3% and I had to cut it back to about 2% after a couple of days.

I guess I should clarify about the steeping. The ECX Virginia was unmixed in the original bottle for those sixteen months and really mellowed out. I also have little patience aging anything I have mixed. I like a pretty fresh juice and most of my mixed leftovers get pitched after a couple months.

The two VZ flavors I have are so intense they kinda spook me. Started at 2% and ended at 1/2% Parliament with some TFA Apple, but even at that it would tweak my tastebuds to the point that other flavors tasted different afterwards.

Last edited:

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
I posted in another thread that GoodeJuices High Octane tastes very similar to me like smelling a freshly opened pack of cigs.

Sent from somebodys phone I found using Tapatalk.

Appreciate the suggestion and the previous post about Halo Torque 56 which is supposed to taste just like that High Octane, but I'm such a DIY guy not sure I would know how to act with a store bought juice.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I guess I should clarify about the steeping. The ECX Virginia was unmixed in the original bottle for those sixteen months and really mellowed out. I also have little patience aging anything I have mixed. I like a pretty fresh juice and most of my mixed leftovers get pitched after a couple months.

The two VZ flavors I have are so intense they kinda spook me. Started at 2% and ended at 1/2% Parliament with some TPA Apple, but even at that it would tweak my tastebuds to the point that other flavors tasted different afterwards.

Yeal, I have five of the vz alcohol based (Cigar. French Pipe, Real Cig, Virginia Flu Cured, Blended Tobacco). I'm finding that I can't go the recommended 2.5% on any of them lol. I'm really digging the cigar at the moment (2%).

Since the wizard labs flavors are pretty cheap anyway, I'll stick with recommending the american red. It does seem to be a love it or hate it flavor though, as you seen from the thread.

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Yeal, I have five of the vz alcohol based (Cigar. French Pipe, Real Cig, Virginia Flu Cured, Blended Tobacco). I'm finding that I can't go the recommended 2.5% on any of them lol. I'm really digging the cigar at the moment (2%).

Since the wizard labs flavors are pretty cheap anyway, I'll stick with recommending the american red. It does seem to be a love it or hate it flavor though, as you seen from the thread.

Yeah I need to bring in some more of those alcohol based tobaccos. That Cigar and Virginia sound good. Me and my coils like the 2% part.

Gonna try the American Red, maybe the Cowboy. Gotta love a company with $1.49 flavors.

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
My favourite, plain tobacco, is Maxx Blend from FlavourArt. It really smells exactly like unburnt tobacco. Every time I smell my juice, it reminds me of a freshly opened pack of smokes. I mix it at 3%, which is also the recommended %

Another good suggestion. I do like me some FlavourArt. Maxboro was my all day vape 'bout two years ago for several months. Haven't tried it since it was reformulated and renamed Maxx Blend. Got a little credit over at Liberty Flights and that might be a good way to spend it. Wondering how green it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread