Why do they make that damn hole so small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Not sure if this happened to any of you and was very surprised when it happened to me as I assumed those ejuice bottles were one solid piece. Since they are so damn hard to squeeze out I have been using:

1295001-3-thumb.jpg

I find them much easier to fill up tank/clearomizer/cartomizer/etc.

At any rate I was filling one of those up and squeezing very hard on ejuice bottle for 4-5 minutes while reclining on chair. Next thing I know the ejuice bottle busts open and I have about 30ml of ejuice on my shirt and hands. Apparently the ejuice bottles are actually two pieces the bottle and a snap on cap with a the dispenser nozzle.

Just to make my self clear I was filling the bottle with image above from store botten ejuice bottle. I may have been being too impatient or squeezing to hard. But really, why do they have to make those holes so small that you have to squeeze with 10 pounds of force to get anything out of them.

I'm lucky it was a night time juice that was only 4 mg/ml. I normally do 24 mg/ml but decided to try lower dosage at night. I washed up right away and have learned my lesson that when filling take your time and don't squeeze so damn hard that the top busts off. But still wonder why the holes or so damn small that it takes me 5 mins of squeezing really hard to fill up a 10 ml container.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
It's called a "needle" tip for a reason man ;)

I think you missed the point. I was not referring to the needle tip bottle. I was referring to the store bought ejuice that I was filling the needle tip bottle with. The needle tip bottle was 10 ml. I was filling it from a 30 ml store bought ejuice. It was the top of the 30 ml store bought ejuice that busted off. I use the needle tip bottles as they are much easier for me to fill up my devices...a light controlled squeeze and it comes out in a controlled manner. Some of the store bought 30 ml containers I have to squeeze like hell to get anything to come out.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Again think missing the point or I made a bad post describing my situation. I'll have to reread my post to make sure I was clear.

Wow, sorry. You posted a picture of a needle tip bottle. When you unscrew the 30ml bottle, before you lift the cap off, bend the cap backwards and it will pop off the bottle's plastic tip. Pour your liquid into the other bottle and screw the cap back on the 30ml with the tip still in the plastic cap and it should seat the tip in the bottle as you screw it closed. Hope that makes sense. :blink:

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Wow, sorry. You posted a picture of a needle tip bottle. When you unscrew the 30ml bottle, before you lift the cap off, bend the cap backwards and it will pop off the bottle's plastic tip. Pour your liquid into the other bottle and screw the cap back on the 30ml with the tip still in the plastic cap and it should seat the tip in the bottle as you screw it closed. Hope that makes sense. :blink:

Yeah that makes sense now. I just always thought they were one solid piece of plastic and why I was squeezing them into 10 ml needle tip bottle. Now that you mention it if I can break off tip easily by bending backwards that would be much easier way of filling. I just wasn't aware that they were 2 pieces the bottle and the tip.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Yeah that makes sense now. I just always thought they were one solid piece of plastic and why I was squeezing them into 10 ml needle tip bottle. Now that you mention it if I can break off tip easily by bending backwards that would be much easier way of filling. I just wasn't aware that they were 2 pieces the bottle and the tip.

Thank you for sharing your light bulb moment made my evening! ;-) You can also by hand run a 1/16 drill bit threw the stalk tip to open it up for better flow also.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Not sure if this happened to any of you and was very surprised when it happened to me as I assumed those ejuice bottles were one solid piece.

Yeah - it's a snap-on tip. And I can EASILY see that happening.
I've had SEVERAL of them where the thing seemed clogged, too - where you HAVE to squeeze it SO hard that you KNOW it's gonna pop off. I've had to shove a paperclip in and try to widen the hole so I can actually get some juice out more than a drop at a time...

IMZed

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hamilton, OH, USA
Yeah - it's a snap-on tip. And I can EASILY see that happening.
I've had SEVERAL of them where the thing seemed clogged, too - where you HAVE to squeeze it SO hard that you KNOW it's gonna pop off. I've had to shove a paperclip in and try to widen the hole so I can actually get some juice out more than a drop at a time...

Yeah, I've had that happen quite a bit, and even have a dedicated paper clip. It also prompted me to buy a bunch of these: Yorker Spout Dispensing Caps - MyFreedomSmokes.com

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

You still need to be a bit careful though. Not all of the bottles are the same and I've had some I've almost had to break to get the tops off. And I've nearly thrown bottles of Fuzion across the room due to the type of child-proof caps they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread