AltSmoke Nano 510 Clearomizer vs. CE3 for Blu Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
So I'm getting tired of the poor performing blu cartomizers (yes yes, another vaping noob that bought the "easy" kit ;) ), and I'm looking to just do something different with my blu batteries for now. I have 4 batteries atm since I bought the old kit about a year ago, then the new starter kit that holds 3 cartos thinking it might be a bit easier to charge the batteries since I wouldn't have to watch for that stupid blue light to turn off. So 2 PCCs, 4 batteries.

So what I've been able to find is that I have 2 choices for clearomizers, short of getting blank cartos (which I don't like). First I was looking at these Nano 510 Clearomizers, which seem like a pretty solid and easy choice for a new vaper. But I hear they are only 1.8 ohm, and I should be looking more for 3 ohm for my blu batteries? Not sure if that is correct or not.

The other choice seems to be the CE3 bottom coil cartomizers. Thing is I can't seem to find any info on what the resistance is on these.

In all, I've heard that both will "work" at least for a time until the blu batteries crap out, which I am fine with. Within the next month or two I plan on picking up a Halo Triton (that thing is about the holy grail for me right now), I just can't afford it right now.

So I guess my question is... which should I get? I don't care which is easier to fill. I'm more concerned with performance, flavor, and overall functionality, at least in the limited scope of my blu batteries.

Any suggestions?

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
Well it took all of 20 minutes for this post to fly off the 1st page, so went about doing a few hours more research without actually finding anything useful to my situation. So either I let this post die off, or bump it and pay the consequences.

Sorry mods. Going to bump it for the early morning crowd and hope I get some input. If not, guess I'll be doing even more research or just forgoing any changes to my blu setup and just wait another month or two and get a Triton.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
Hi Ryuukon and welcome to ECF.

I recommend either the Vision Nano or Kanger T4 510 threaded.

Kanger 510 T4 Clearomizer

Hello Katya, thanks for your reply.

I actually saw those in another thread, but was lead to believe I would need a 510-to-eGo adapter because of the blu batteries? Am I wrong on that?

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
I believe the blu is a 510 thread and will fit either of those, no adapter needed
I have a nano from altsmoke. I measured it and it's 1.8 ohms.
I like the nano and use it for my occasionally used bittersweet chocolate. It works well even with a low ego battery. Haven't tried the CE3.

Yeah the blu is a 510 battery, but from what I've heard it uses a different polarity, though I guess that might only be the PCC and not the batteries themselves. But I have heard about a 510-to-eGo adapter, just not sure if it was something I needed to worry about.

I guess I'll just get a couple of nanos and see how it goes. I've got 4 batteries so if I fry a couple it won't be a huge problem.

Time to order!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hello Katya, thanks for your reply.

I actually saw those in another thread, but was lead to believe I would need a 510-to-eGo adapter because of the blu batteries? Am I wrong on that?

No, the Kanger T4 is 510 threaded, not eGo threaded, and will fit just fine on your Blu batteries--it has the same threading as the Nano, just slightly different guts. I prefer the Kanger, personally, but, as always, YMMV. Get one of each! :D

grayscale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
DFW
Unfortunately, I don't think your problem is the Blu carts. You should try a Blu cart on a different battery, you will be surprised - and yes, they work on standard ego batteries. The carts are made by Johnson Creek. The batteries are your problem. Blu batts are known for not putting out what they say/should. Seriously, try a different batt, and then go from there. Had friend who did the exact same thing, once he tried a different battery he moved on and never looked back.

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
First I was looking at these Nano 510 Clearomizers, which seem like a pretty solid and easy choice for a new vaper. But I hear they are only 1.8 ohm, and I should be looking more for 3 ohm for my blu batteries? Not sure if that is correct or not.

3.0 ohms is way too high for the Blu. 1.8- 2.2 nano clearos are good. Problem is the 2.2 ohms Nanos were so popular they sold out.

The other choice seems to be the CE3 bottom coil cartomizers. Thing is I can't seem to find any info on what the resistance is on these.
Look to the lower right in the "Resistance Choose an option" menu- choice of 2.4- 2.6 ohms or 2.6-2.8 ohms...one reviewer said the 2.4/ 2.6 ohms measured at 2.2 - 2.3 ohms.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Grayscale, while I agree with you that there are more powerful and longer-lasting batteries out there, the OP already owns Blu batteries and there is no reason in the world why he shouldn't try to maximize their performance. They are superminis--they output ~3.4-3.5 volts, slightly better than the eGos, BTW. ;) They need to be constantly recharged, though, and they are overpriced for what they are, but they are not useless.

They can also be used with better cartomizers, like LR Boge or Smoktech (single-coil).

Johnson Creek makes the juice, not the cartos, BTW.

grayscale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
DFW
Grayscale, while I agree with you that there are more powerful and longer-lasting batteries out there, the OP already owns Blu batteries and there is no reason in the world why he shouldn't try to maximize their performance. They are superminis--they output ~3.4-3.5 volts, slightly better than the eGos, BTW. ;) They need to be constantly recharged, though, and they are overpriced for what they are, but they are not useless.

They can also be used with better cartomizers, like LR Boge or Smoktech (single-coil).

Johnson Creek makes the juice, not the cartos, BTW.

Incorrect fine lady. They advertise that they put out X amount of volts, but in reality they do not. There is no performance to maximize. Here is the proof for you - Blu Cig Electronic Cigarette & Joyetech 510 get married? Tips and tricks for better performance - YouTube

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Unfortunately, I don't think your problem is the Blu carts. You should try a Blu cart on a different battery, you will be surprised - and yes, they work on standard ego batteries. The carts are made by Johnson Creek. The batteries are your problem. Blu batts are known for not putting out what they say/should. Seriously, try a different batt, and then go from there. Had friend who did the exact same thing, once he tried a different battery he moved on and never looked back.

I think you missed an all important point in OP's post...

So I'm getting tired of the poor performing blu cartomizers (yes yes, another vaping noob that bought the "easy" kit ), and I'm looking to just do something different with my blu batteries for now. I have 4 batteries atm since I bought the old kit about a year ago, then the new starter kit that holds 3 cartos thinking it might be a bit easier to charge the batteries since I wouldn't have to watch for that stupid blue light to turn off. So 2 PCCs, 4 batteries.

So what I've been able to find is that I have 2 choices for clearomizers, short of getting blank cartos (which I don't like). First I was looking at these Nano 510 Clearomizers, which seem like a pretty solid and easy choice for a new vaper. But I hear they are only 1.8 ohm, and I should be looking more for 3 ohm for my blu batteries? Not sure if that is correct or not.

In all, I've heard that both will "work" at least for a time until the blu batteries crap out, which I am fine with. Within the next month or two I plan on picking up a Halo Triton (that thing is about the holy grail for me right now), I just can't afford it right now.

So I guess my question is... which should I get? I don't care which is easier to fill. I'm more concerned with performance, flavor, and overall functionality, at least in the limited scope of my blu batteries.

Any suggestions?

As requested we're just trying to help him get by until he can purchase new batts.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Incorrect fine lady. They advertise that they put out X amount of volts, but in reality they do not. There is no performance to maximize. Here is the proof for you - Blu Cig Electronic Cigarette & Joyetech 510 get married? Tips and tricks for better performance - YouTube

Proof? So a guy on Youtube puts a Blu cartridge on a Joye 510 manual battery and says he likes the vapor production better. OK. So how does that prove that Blu batteries do not supply the advertised voltage? :facepalm:

OK, let me try to explain. All Li-Ion batteries used in e-cigs are rated 3.7v. They can be unregulated, which means that they start at 4.2v fresh off the charger and cut off somewhere close to 3.1v or so; or regulated, which means that they deliver ~3.3 volts throughout the entire cycle. Joyetech 510 batteries are regulated at 3.3v. Blu batteries are unregulated, per Blu website, which means that they supply 3.7v for most of the cycle. But even if Blu were lying, as you state with great conviction, they would still be outputting the same voltage (3.3v) as the Joye batteries (3.3 regulated). So there really cannot be any difference in voltage between Blu and Joye--if anything, Blu probably runs on higher voltage. I own both the Blu and the Joye 510, BTW. The only advantage the Joyes have over the Blu is that you can get a manual Joye, which gives you more control over your vape, but has nothing to do with voltage. Oh, and Joye batteries come in higher capacities, too, than the Blu batteries, so they last a bit longer.

And yes, there is plenty to maximaize. As my friend Vapoor suggested, using a lower resistance head on a Blu battery will improve the flavor and vapor production considerably. It's all about wattage. The more power (heat) your battery is able to generate in conjunction with the atomizer, the better the vape.

Wattage = Voltage squared divided by Resistance. (Ohm's Law)

So, ultimately, it doesn't matter what voltage your battery outputs--what matters is what resistance atomizer you attach to your battery. :vapor:

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I am using a Ce3 clearomizer on a blu battery right now. It works awesome! I alternate between one flavor in the Ce3 and another in a Kanger Evod. I got my Ce3's from discountvapers and they are 2.4 to 2.6ohms and the blu batteries last just a long as they did with the OEM carts. Big amounts of vapor and taste great for such a small package! I've never tried the nanos but they look really nice. If you pick the Ce3's you won't be disappointed!

I guess the only con would be having to fill the Ce3's with a syringe (provided with the five pack). It's a little bit of a pain but not too bad.

DrBeaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Lab City USA
www.mothersmilkwta.com
Hey I have a cigalike battery much like the blu and I have the vision nano I bought from my freedom smokes it mesuers 1.9ohm and works great! I keep it in my pocket as a backup. I keep a 20% honneydew with high nic in the nanojust in case I have to goto it at work I just want a hit and go back to work quick. Very stealth I can turn my back to the boss vape from my shirt pocket hold my breath turn around slowly exhale right in front of him and he never knows anything. Love love love it!

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread