Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I'm very happy w/my current set up (Triton VV), its worked great, no issues, love the color/size, but I'm frustrated that I can't try other tanks, use a dripping atty or test out the diff between top/bottom coils.

I'm thinking of buying a new set up, was really thinking about the Innokin VV V3, but I feel like maybe its a tiny step up from what I have and is it worth it. Did more searching and thought about the big mods, which made me a little nervous. Plus. They look so dang BIG and heavy. I don't mind the long mods just not real keen on them being so big around. (Wow, good thing we are all talking about PVs on here...these adjectives sound a little....dirty...)

So, in my search, I was thinking, isn't there a step before the big monsters and came across the Provari mini V2.5. Kinda surprised it doesn't have VW tho and read it doesn't play well w/Aspire tanks (which is the one I really wanted to try:mad:) but it did catch my attention!

My current PV is 4 3/16" long (106mm) and I love the size. I know the Provari mini is shorter but has an extender piece...how long with that added? And it is a 510 thread, correct? Not sure if this means just 510 or 510/ego..remember I've only basically been able to use a Kanger T2 and T4 w/my set up so tanks are a brand new world to me.

Lastly, can anyone just tell me their thoughts and if you moved up from like an ego twist to this, was it a huge diff? Thx

Last edited:

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
There are others here who can give you detail info about the move up from an ego twist. Give them some time, they'll show up & answer your questions. From what I've heard there is a big difference but I didn't have one so I can't speak from experience.

Here are the spec's, as Preloader said the extender cap adds half an inch to the length:

3.48" L x 0.90" D (stock 18350 battery version) (without atomizer)
3.98"L x 0.90" D (with 18490 extension cap) (without atomizer)

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Hey another one from Indy! I got my first in July, and I must say you can't compare a provari to a ego, they are worlds apart, and if you need the ego threads, just get an adapter. You will not regret getting one they are fantastic, I now have 4. :)

You have four???? Wow, sweet! Wish someone sold them in Indy so I could check them out in person.

There are others here who can give you detail info about the move up from an ego twist. Give them some time, they'll show up & answer your questions. From what I've heard there is a big difference but I didn't have one so I can't speak from experience.

Here are the spec's, as Preloader said the extender cap adds half an inch to the length:

3.48" L x 0.90" D (stock 18350 battery version) (without atomizer)
3.98"L x 0.90" D (with 18490 extension cap) (without atomizer)

Thx! These are measurements for the minis right? If not, I'd go with the regular size one.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Yes, those are the measurements for the mini. If you want you can also get a tatroe extension and build the mini up to accommodate 18650 batteries. That's a bit big for my small hands and probably weighs more than I'd want to use for any length of time.

I think I read a thread where someone talked about upgrading to a Provari from an ego. If I find it, I'll post the link.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Yes, those are for the mini, after using the provari, everything else just was not as good, I got tired of changing tanks all the time, I like both sizes but the mini can be extended to use the longer batterys, where the full size can't be made shorter.

You have four???? Wow, sweet! Wish someone sold them in Indy so I could check them out in person.

Thx! These are measurements for the minis right? If not, I'd go with the regular size one.

Here are mine

4c.jpg

montara

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Nor-Cal
but going to take my time and do the research.[/QUOTE said:
Now that's smart...
The Provari was my first "non-cig-a-like" and was an awesome purchase for me at the time... and I now own 3. I have 1/2 dozen true mechanical mods that get 98% of my business now, but that's just me:) I will always own at least 1 Provari because, 1) it's reliable 2) built like a tank (I have great confidence it will never let me down) 3) Is a great tool for testing RBA's.
I was a life long smoker and enjoyed it, I just needed a different delivery method for nic. If you too feel that you may be vaping for years to come, IMO you need at least 1 Provari in your arsenal

Last edited:

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Ordered my second yesterday. First was a standard size, bronze finish with green LED display. Matching extension. This uses the 18490 batteries. I discovered that I never use the extension with the 18650 batteries. Too long and heavy for carrying in my pocket. So, this time I'm getting the mini. It uses an 18350 battery. And with the extension, it uses the same 18490 batteries the as the regular Provari. Hope that makes sense.

Oh, and the new one's a Zombie!

I'd get the mini with the matching extension. It'll make those ego's seem like toys. I know. I started out on ego's. You won't regret it.

best regards, larry mac

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I did the step up from Twists straight to a Provari Mini, with the extension piece. It really changed my vaping experience.
So much more satisfying, constant, never varies, the same exact vape each time.
It is rugged and so well built. It is small, smaller than you think, but it is much heavier than a twist.
You can put any 510 device on it. I use carto tanks and a ProTank 2 on it.

You won't regret the purchase. If you can afford it, go for it. (I bought mine used, saved a bunch of money)

Here is mine

photo.jpg

There are other choices, and you very well may be satisfied with those choices, but you wont ever regret getting a Provari. They do deserve all their accolades.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I quit smoking with the Halo Triton; decided it was time to try out other delivery systems, so bought a ProVari and Mini. I prefer the Triton tanks over ProTank2s while driving and for Halo juices, while I prefer the ProVaris for home use with mellower juices- like those from Alice In Vapeland, and with lower ohm coils and voltage. Just goy a ProVape-1, love it. I'm sure I will end up buying more Tritons, ProVaris and ProVape-1s. They all suit the purpose I use them for, so wouldn't give up any of them.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I'm very happy w/my current set up (Triton VV), its worked great, no issues, love the color/size, but I'm frustrated that I can't try other tanks, use a dripping atty or test out the diff between top/bottom coils.

I'm thinking of buying a new set up, was really thinking about the Innokin VV V3, but I feel like maybe its a tiny step up from what I have and is it worth it. Did more searching and thought about the big mods, which made me a little nervous. Plus. They look so dang BIG and heavy. I don't mind the long mods just not real keen on them being so big around. (Wow, good thing we are all talking about PVs on here...these adjectives sound a little....dirty...)

So, in my search, I was thinking, isn't there a step before the big monsters and came across the Provari mini V2.5. Kinda surprised it doesn't have VW tho and read it doesn't play well w/Aspire tanks (which is the one I really wanted to try:mad:) but it did catch my attention!

My current PV is 4 3/16" long (106mm) and I love the size. I know the Provari mini is shorter but has an extender piece...how long with that added? And it is a 510 thread, correct? Not sure if this means just 510 or 510/ego..remember I've only basically been able to use a Kanger T2 and T4 w/my set up so tanks are a brand new world to me.

Lastly, can anyone just tell me their thoughts and if you moved up from like an ego twist to this, was it a huge diff? Thx

Hey there Ang!

I'm not here to talk you in or out of a ProVari- many of the naysayers think THAT'S our goal. :facepalm:

Ok.....so with that out the way......

I didn't look at my purchase as a step before the big monsters. I already had a mechanical which (IMO) is the big monster since it's unregulated.
In all honesty, the ProVari doesn't need VW. Whether it's VW or VV you're adjusting up or down; mainly according to taste.
To me, having both is overkill.

When I began researching vaping, every YouTube reviewer compared the new killers to the ProVari which according to them all IS the gold standard.
I got mine for no other reason than I wanted one.
I didn't try to justify it against other devices.
I can tell you though, since getting it, I haven't really used anything else.

The weight feels just right- not too heavy; not to light.
Once you hold one you will immediately feel the quality of it.
I choose the mini because I can always go big at a minimal cost but cant go smaller with the standard.

Yes, it's 510 threaded but a 510/eGo adapter cost pennies.
I actually have a bunch of them. I leave them attached to my eGo tanks so I don't have to look for one when I decide to switch.
So yes, you'll be able to use the Kangers you currently have.

In regards to moving up from an eGo- my eGos still have their place but again, for me it wasn't about moving up.
I went out last night and took my eGo instead of ProVari.

Now about the vape- I prefer a warm vape which is what I get whether I'm using an EVOD tank or rebuildable atomizer.
When I use my Pruritank or Protank I get a cooler vape so I don't use those much at all.
(IMO) the vape is full of flavor and vapor is incredible.
I'm not a fan of throat hit so I cant speak to that.

You'll soon discover that many ProVari owners have more than 1....2....3....4.....you get my point. :)

If you decide to get one, you won't be disappointed.
And if you decide to get something else, don't be disappointed. :D

Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I have a mini and I never use the extension cap. I haven't had a need to use it. I started with the eGo twist and went directly to a ProVari. All I have to add is the purple is a weird purple so unless you love, love, love purple, don't get this color. Especially if you like matching accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread