When I move to rebuildables...will all my 18mg be unbearable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizziboi

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
So....I am a flavour chaser. Don't care too much about vapor, like throat hit though.

After being on eGo's for a while, I decided to get a Reo.

But wanting to chase the flavor it seems I will have to go for rebuildables - everything is muted as is.

But...I read about people getting huge headrushes at their normal level with rebuildables - will all my 18mg drive me up the wall? It's actually a bit low for me with my eGos and vmod with stock atty, clearomizer or protank, but I hear people dropping from 18 to 6.

I mean, it wouldn't hurt to drop nic level (at all) but I must have close to a 100 flavors in 18.

Guess I'll have a lot of paying forward to do, or patiently vape through them on my old setups?

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Have you tried top coil atomizers first? Something like the iClears? I suppose that if you have a Reo, that point is moot, just seems like a huge step. Anyhoooo, Many have reported that they reduced nicotine levels, but I suspect that it is more due to the greater juice consumption that you will have with that delivery method. Good luck and have fun!

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
After being on eGo's for a while, I decided to get a Reo.

If you're gonna put one of those Reomizer 2 rebuildables on that REO, you'd better be sitting down when you take your first hit! :D

Seriously, you'll probably be fine with your 18. You can make a coil that will work with it.

Once you get five posts, join all us Reonauts in the Reos Mods vendor forum.

bizziboi

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Yes, I've tried top coil. What I do like about them is the draw (protank had a wayyyy too airy draw for me...heck, I'm an ex smoker, I am used to sucking (in both interpretations)).
Maybe I am chasing flavour that isn't there, and my taste buds are still very much numb from smoking. Figured if that's the case, not many people seem to regret their Reo, and worst case, they resell pretty well.

Hmmm, maybe it is the juice consumption, good point.

bizziboi

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Thanks for all the input, helpful as always :eek:)

Yeah, there's only one way to find out - and I will!

Wasn't aware of coil height for TH, good stuff.

@suspectK:
4.3ohm? How....did you get it that high? All tuts I watched end up sub 1ohm. A lot to learn, I guess there's only so much you can learn by just reading instead of doing!

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
bizziboi:11043470 said:
@suspectK:
4.3ohm? How....did you get it that high? All tuts I watched end up sub 1ohm. A lot to learn, I guess there's only so much you can learn by just reading instead of doing!

I used 30gauge with a 1/16" screwdriver, but I wanted to use my hollow 3mm eko wool. I wrapped using the screwdriver through the middle of the wick. I don't have it on hand, but I did 9-12 wraps. It's a fat coil.. I don't know if that size would work well without a hollow wick.. Using a 1/16" tool and 30 gauge 1ohm per 5-6wraps, if I remember correctly. Since I was wrapping with the wick, it will require less wraps to get one ohm. Just because you're wrapping your own coils, doesn't mean you have to get a lower resistance than you're using in your other delivery metthods. It seems many people think that's the point of RBAs.

bizziboi

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Thanks, as I said - seems there's a lot more to it that I learned from just reading and watching. "Since I was wrapping with the wick it will require less wraps to get one ohm" - that really surprises me - ahh, you mean because of the added thickness and thus length of one wrap?

I'll figure it out once I start playing :eek:)...I hope!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Seriously, you'll probably be fine with your 18. You can make a coil that will work with it.

This ^^^ . The nice thing about making your own coils is that you can build any resistance and style of coil you want. The flavor will not be as good if you're using lower power builds, but you can set things up so you get a flavor boost and still be able to use up the higher nic juice :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread