smoktech kick vs sigelei kick, which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Not really sure I understand the concept of a kick

unless I am misinformed (I very well could be) but I've read posts that with the kick
I can not use ohms under what my regulated mods accept

If that's the case then why wouldn't I just use my regulated mods

or am I missing something?

yup your missing a few things. first is the fact you can use one of the really nice looking mechanical mods as a regulated device now, and when doing that it is a DC to DC converter for a better vape then a PWM device like many of the cheaper regulated mods.(and the china kicks)
other things aside, I actually like carrying my kicked roller more then I do my provari. and with the same battery its actually smaller.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
yup your missing a few things. first is the fact you can use one of the really nice looking mechanical mods as a regulated device now, and when doing that it is a DC to DC converter for a better vape then a PWM device like many of the cheaper regulated mods.(and the china kicks)
other things aside, I actually like carrying my kicked roller more then I do my provari.

ok but all your doing is turning the mech into a regulated (better the china version) Mod with the same limitations right?

Just trying to understand

if it is yes and its just about preference in which mod you take out I get that

but also if its yes don't you then also lose the ability to adjust Volt's or wattage

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I know over the net its hard to tell so know im not trying to sound sarcastic lol

but to your question yes and it is a pain to adjust as you have to take it out of the mod, but for others like me that use the same topper all day once you find the correct setting your done.
the Crown is VV AND VW and you dont have to take it out of the mod as it makes little beeps to tell you the setting.

its just nice not having to always wind a low resistance coil just to use a mech. and then, while it is a small chance if it somehow stops working I can always just take it out and keep going, sort of like a foolproof regulated device.

it's just a nice option to use the nicer styled mechs as well as without it things like high resistance coils dont work well on a mech. for example on a mech a 2.5 ohm protank head will only vape good for about an hour, with the kick it will run all day just like a regulated mod.

Last edited:

Rob S.

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2012
Darien, Connecticut
Is there a difference in performance?

Smok Kick - Variable wattage 5W~12W - Max current - 5A.

Sigelei Kick - Variable wattage 5W~10W - Max current - 4A.

Both have low resistance cut off at 1 ohm.

If you're looking to go sub-ohm, get a Kick 2. 0.5 ohm LR cut off.

Last edited:

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I know over the net its hard to tell so know im not trying to sound sarcastic lol

but to your question yes and it is a pain to adjust as you have to take it out of the mod, but for others like me that use the same topper all day once you find the correct setting your done.
the Crown is VV AND VW and you dont have to take it out of the mod as it makes little beeps to tell you the setting.

its just nice not having to always wind a low resistance coil just to use a mech. and then, while it is a small chance if it somehow stops working I can always just take it out and keep going, sort of like a foolproof regulated device.

it's just a nice option to use the nicer styled mechs as well as without it things like high resistance coils dont work well on a mech. for example on a mech a 2.5 ohm protank head will only vape good for about an hour, with the kick it will run all day just like a regulated mod.

I understand a lot more then before you explanations thank you

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
I have a smok kick that I started with, and two more from fast tech as back ups, but the second kick I got- the evolv kick 1- just works better. Better battery life, better response from my fire button, better consistent vape. With my kick clone I was going through 4 18490's a day in my vmod xl. With the evolv I don't even change out my second battery until I'm ready to hop in bed and charge them. Than switch out for two fresh ones the next day to let the first two rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread