The Aspire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
i have decided tha I don't like these at all. They both gurgle incessantly and one has a horrid plasticy taste that will not go away. I want to like them and the design looks great but what I really want to do is taste the flavor of my juice and these are not allowing me to do that. sorry just my 2cents.

Sorry you don't like them...I have noticed that the few that are not having good results are using the Pro Vari or other similar devices that have a different type of Airflow. Also some adapters will not allow suitable airflow for all liquids. I would encourage you to try a couple different devices or battery combinations before you give up on them , because most are really having tremendous success with them.

It may be possible that they just are not for you also...Either way I appreciate the feedback.
Drew

MJTP

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2012
TN
I sort of think the term "not for you" is silly; I believe we're all vapers here, and I don't believe anyone's looking for a burnt rubber taste. It's not like some are and some aren't. For there to be a burnt taste, there really has to be some sort of chemical or combustion reaction going on that indeed gives this flavor; the human tongue simply can't taste things that aren't there (unless someone's psychotic). My guess is that there's a residue in these tanks or on these wicks; a lady on this forum found the very same result with ONE of the Aspires (but not the others in her stock) and found that boiling the tanks and wicks solves the problem, however it destroys the glue components. It points to the random presence of factory residue, and with that, I believe it's a factory issue that should be solved (many are reporting it) and depending on the residue or coating and what exactly is in it, I'd question the safety of it.

My local retailer sold me a clearomizer that was practically 1/6th full with some sort of lubricant. It's simply unneeded and is probably half of what ruins many a vapers' experience. There's what, probably 20 reviews of the Aspire on this forum so far? About 5 of those are reporting the burnt rubber taste. 1/4 is not a good thing. Then again, it may be a wicking issue, maybe someone's using a thicker juice (which Phil says an air controller may help) but I've seen folks practically put pancake syrup in these things and get a great result. I just don't see how this many professional vapers are getting the bad result if it's down to the user or juice.

Retailers need to stop blaming the customers and saying something might be mentally or physically wrong with them. I highly doubt it's that. There's a big difference from a burnt taste, and someone just being picky over wether they like dual coils or RBA's better.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Got mine today. Broke out the mini nova style one to put it through its paces, loaded up with some 100% VG juice and it's handling it fine at 8-ish watts, only the occasional need for a quick suck to wet the wicks a little more. It's a perfect fit on my Simplicity 14500, too, which was my hope so I could have a decent "discreet" setup for when the time warrants. I wouldn't mind a slightly tighter draw on it, but it's not bad

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I sort of think the term "not for you" is silly; I believe we're all vapers here, and I don't believe anyone's looking for a burnt rubber taste. It's not like some are and some aren't. For there to be a burnt taste, there really has to be some sort of chemical or combustion reaction going on that indeed gives this flavor; the human tongue simply can't taste things that aren't there (unless someone's psychotic). My guess is that there's a residue in these tanks or on these wicks; a lady on this forum found the very same result with ONE of the Aspires (but not the others in her stock) and found that boiling the tanks and wicks solves the problem, however it destroys the glue components. It points to the random presence of factory residue, and with that, I believe it's a factory issue that should be solved (many are reporting it) and depending on the residue or coating and what exactly is in it, I'd question the safety of it.

My local retailer sold me a clearomizer that was practically 1/6th full with some sort of lubricant. It's simply unneeded and is probably half of what ruins many a vapers' experience. There's what, probably 20 reviews of the Aspire on this forum so far? About 5 of those are reporting the burnt rubber taste. 1/4 is not a good thing. Then again, it may be a wicking issue, maybe someone's using a thicker juice (which Phil says an air controller may help) but I've seen folks practically put pancake syrup in these things and get a great result. I just don't see how this many professional vapers are getting the bad result if it's down to the user or juice.

Retailers need to stop blaming the customers and saying something might be mentally or physically wrong with them. I highly doubt it's that. There's a big difference from a burnt taste, and someone just being picky over wether they like dual coils or RBA's better.

Well I agree that a burnt taste is from some type of combustion...It doesn't get burnt at the factory? I did have correspondence with the woman who "boiled" them and what she found was that pouring very hot water over them and soaking them in it, seemed to solve the issue with the taste that she was experiencing but made the cartos fall apart. There is no glue in these so, Im not sure what made them fall apart other than soaking the poly in hot water would deform the fit.
I have watched around 10 Video and have only seen one negative result.

I have also posted replies about how important airflow is and also posted an additional video today. If the airflow/juice ratio is not correct these can fail, but the instances have been few.
As has been said there have been thousands of these sold and the instances with issues are far lower than most products I have sold or released.
After explaining that the fixes for issues I just wanted to say that these may not work for everyone, due to the many combinations of liquids/devices and flavors that can have too many results to speculate why everyone is having issues.

I hope this doesn't sound like I don't want to hear responses from people that are having issues or that I am being condescending, but I also don't want anyone to think that we are not watching the issues and responding to ALL of them. Thanks,
Drew

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Hi,
Sorry you feel that you were mistreated. I just reread all the emails and Aisa specifically said that she didn't want to sound rude.
She also mentioned that we had a few people that did not like the flavor. Unfortunately we can't change the flavor.
In your email you stated that you did solve the flavor issue, but your cartos had fallen apart from soaking them in boiling water.
I assure you that we had no intention of being rude or inconsiderate and I personally apologize if that is how it seemed. We answer all emails as promptly as possible, and try and answer questions on the information contained in the emails.
I think some liquids might just not taste good in these and until we have more feedback on what some of those flavors might be, it will be hit or miss. Thanks,
Drew

ps There is also an answered email that Aisa returned earlier today before I saw this post.

Thanks for the polite response, and yes thru further contact everything is fine. I also understand that email tones can be hard to read correctly and some customers really do look for freebies, as was not in my case. Everything is fine.

I do wish however that these had the screw on type bottoms like the tops, that would make cleaning a little more fool proof, i did boil the water and it was hot, but i did let it cool a few mins before pouring on the tanks.

I know that was user error. It did however take care of the god awful taste i was getting, so that tells me it was not the juice but maybe machine oils or something, not a big deal. In the future i will be trying the vodka soaks.. Any chance of a new version where the bottom metal piece is screwed in and not glued on?

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
image.jpg

That is not plastic, its tacky

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Well, apparently the Igo versions leak! At least that's what they are telling me? I had a sample from April but they have changed significantly since then. I have not approved the final version of the Igo/808 version, but they should be very similar if not exactly like the EGo version, (possibly just slightly more airy) but that is yet to be seen.

Vaporlass

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Texas
How are these Aspire tanks working on Provaris? Ive got two ready to order (from Nhaler) but some reviews are saying they dont get enough air because of fit. I dont have a Dremel (drill) :) nor do I want to 'have to' work on a tank to use it. I think I might have an old connector somewhere that I had to have to use another tank but since I started using my Smok glass tanks (which I love) I still want to have an easier fill method like these Aspire tanks seem to offer.
Seems like Phil said it worked fine on a Provari but others are saying No. :)

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I have had mixed comments...I actually watched Video (positive) where the guy was using a ProVari in the review. I also thought that Phil said he had to loosen it up slightly to get the airflow right. I just tried a Full sized Vivi Nova and the airflow is NOT good...The smaller Vivi is fine though and the 510 version is also ok.

JoeDerty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
I recently got one of the Aspire clearomizers and wanted to talk about with others. I've been using it for about a day now and am loving it! Both the flavor and vapor production are great. I've just got it on a 1000 mah twist. I like how there are no wicks but the wicking action is great. I've been running it about 3.9v and have not had one dry hit even when chain vaping. In the past I've had some wicking problems with thicker liquids on bottom coils and had to remove some of the wick. Not a problem on this unit. I decided to try a thicker liquid in it to test the performance. I'm using a 50/50 blend and its doing great. One other thing is that I thought the coil head design was interesting and unlike others I've seen. Well done Drew! Another awesome product from Nhaler!

i just ordered 2 how long did it take you to get yours? if you live in the usa im just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread