Steep times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OK so I just got my order from AVE: Clove, Massive Chocolate Mint, and of course BOBA'S BOUNTY!

This is my first juice order, having only gotten juice from my B&M and I'm blown away! Even without steeping, Boba's is the best tobacco flavor I've had. The clove and chocolate mint are good but I think steeping will help them a lot. Now I know that Boba's takes two weeks to a month to hit its peak but what about the other two? Anyone have experience with them?

I also have an order from HHV coming this week so ideas on steep time for their liquids would be great. I got mentholated peach green tea and a sampler with Legend aka Ganfalf, Shadow, Blade, and Heavenly Tobacco their RY4.

I could play it by ear, but I enjoy having my answers. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
cant tell you about all of them
but from what I have had
Legend I liked after 30 days
shadow Ive been told 1 week but I liked better after 2 weeks
heavenly tobacco supposed to be good the next day
with HHV should leave caps off over night to evaporate alcohol used in mixing

Boba's bounty
I liked this one out of the mail but changed a lot over the first week
and a very little more over time

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
The HHV tobaccos all can use a bit of steeping IMO, 1-2 weeks. Heavenly Tobacco tastes good right away but the ingredients seem to come together much better after ten days, and then it just gets even better from there IMO.

The AVE juices are 100% PG in most cases, those would probably need little steeping. Boba's is on the opposite end of the spectrum, that's 100% VG but many think it is best right out of the bottle. For me it was better after it mellowed some, took some of the raisin out.

These are two of the three best juice vendors I've tried though, both have good recipes and excellent mixology.

USAGeorge

Jul 28, 2010
Stroudsburg,Pa
All liquids like your boba's is at it's peak the day it is mixed....Understanding why aging "changes" the flavor has to do with deteriorate from oxidation, much as air plays a part in aging beef.. The word deterioration is used so often in a detrimental way that one forgets that the effect has a bright side to it also..:) Steeping is a misused word for aging a liquid as there is no steeping process involved at this point. Certain e liquid flavorings darken quicker than others from oxidation,this is something to be glad about because it shows the absence of additives that food processors use in their goods....

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    The HHV tobaccos all can use a bit of steeping IMO, 1-2 weeks. Heavenly Tobacco tastes good right away but the ingredients seem to come together much better after ten days, and then it just gets even better from there IMO.

The AVE juices are 100% PG in most cases, those would probably need little steeping. Boba's is on the opposite end of the spectrum, that's 100% VG but many think it is best right out of the bottle. For me it was better after it mellowed some, took some of the raisin out.

These are two of the three best juice vendors I've tried though, both have good recipes and excellent mixology.

I dont mean any disrespect but I think you're mistaken about AVEs juices. As far as I know, everything they sell is either 100vg, or close to it. The juices which have some PG have "pg" in the name.. Like "PG Hype". Its still a heavy VG juice, just not 100%.

To the OP:

Every single juice on the planet is different. Some need lots of time to come into their own, some dont need any. My way of doing things is giving every juice I recieve a week. Absolute minimum before I try it. From there, it either goes into immediate rotation(or if I love it I end up devouring it), or goes to sit. Cap off for a day or two or three, then just sit and wait, shaking here and there. Im vaping a couple juices right now from HighBrow Vapor, which are ~30days old. They're awesome. Out of the mailbox, I kid you not, there was a little hint of aroma, and ZERO, I mean freaking ZERO taste whatsoever. Even had my Dad try some, and he said there was no taste. But right now, the Creme Brulee is really tasty!

I didnt like Bobas straight out of the mail at all. I basically just forgot about it. Two months later I gave it another try, and it was a totally different juice. I mean night and day difference. Still not something I go crazy for, but it changed from kinda gross, to a pleasant vape.

Last edited:

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 22, 2013
    DC via the 313
    I dont mean any disrespect but I think you're mistaken about AVEs juices. As far as I know, everything they sell is either 100vg, or close to it. The juices which have some PG have "pg" in the name.. Like "PG Hype". Its still a heavy VG juice, just not 100%.
    No thanks for pointing that out. I meant to say AVE's juices 100% VG in most cases and require a little steeping. Then I was called away from the computer and I ended up saying that nonsense. :facepalm:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread