Innokin Itaste VV v3 vs Joyetech Twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
I was looking at different batteries and I came across the Itaste VV v3. It looks different than the twist since it has the squared edges and a little display screen. It also seems that it can preform a bit better than the twist.

I have two twist batteries right now and I was wondering if I should upgrade soon. Anyone have comparisons of the Itaste VV v3 and the joyetech twist?

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I think the "passthrough" capability of the 3.0 will make one be good enough, but you may find yourself not using the twists any more. Having a small passthrough capable PV comes in handy. Innokin is pumping a lot of stuff out lately, so if you're going to wait anyway... I'd wait to see if they release a newer version. You might be kicking yourself more if they release something like a 1200 mAh battery with the same size after you buy yours...:)

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Having used 2 eGo-C Twist 650's for nearly 3 months - and having just purchased an MVP v2 - here's my :2c:
The Twists have worked VERY WELL for me.....no problems with battery life, charging, portability.....using them with something like a PT2 makes them quite top-heavy; they can easily tip over!!!
For just about the price of 2 650 Twists....the MVP v2 offers a 2600mAh battery (ask anyone how long it lasts before recharging!!!:D), vv/vw, ohm reader, battery meter, puff-counter (IMO, NOT a real "hot" selling point....!!;))...and it's built like a TANK!!
Some say the firing button is stiff and somewhat awkward --- personally, I have no trouble with it....
NOTE!!! The MVP v2 will NOT handle SUB-OHM COILS!!!
I'm glad I have my Twists.....they'll serve me well as backups......but there's a LOT to be said for the MVP v2!!
Good luck with whatever you choose!!
Happy (vaping) Trails!

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
The iTaste 3 is a small mod. If you do get it and want to use it as a pass-through I'd suggest getting a different micro-cable. This is the one I ordered, it's 6ft long: Joyetech eVic Electronic Cigarette USB Lead/Charger - Only $4.99 at Totally Wicked-eliquid. I have 2 Vision Spinners 1300mAh that I still use along with an iTaste 3 800mAh and the MVP 2 2600mAh. I enjoy them all and use them all! You won't go wrong with any of them. Happy Vaping!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I was looking at different batteries and I came across the Itaste VV v3. It looks different than the twist since it has the squared edges and a little display screen. It also seems that it can preform a bit better than the twist.

I have two twist batteries right now and I was wondering if I should upgrade soon. Anyone have comparisons of the Itaste VV v3 and the Joyetech twist?

Can I be blunt?

1) iTaste is 800mAh. Spinner is available in 1,300. Twist 1,100. Both better.
2) How come an iTaste performs better than a twist? It's a battery. There's nothing in it.

I would love an iTaste VV, but it's quite pricey and 800mAh is depressing. It has loads of funky features and looks cool etc. etc but choose it over a Twist because you like it and/or want the features.

If I line up my Spinner, or my eVic (currently dead) and/or my Lavatube all running 4.0v on a 2.0ohm atomizer, the vape will be the same.

I think it's a fabulous battery....by the way.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Can I be blunt?

1) iTaste is 800mAh. Spinner is available in 1,300. Twist 1,100. Both better.
2) How come an iTaste performs better than a twist? It's a battery. There's nothing in it.

Twist...VV

Spinner...VV

iTaste...VV and, more important, VW

Say I'm using the Voltage setting (U) on the iTaste (or Twist or Spinner):

I put on a 1.8 ohm topper. 3.0 Volt will give me a cool vape and 3.5 Volt will give me a warm vape.

Then I switch to a 2.5 ohm topper. I then have to "play around" with the settings to find that 3.7 Volt will give me a cool vape and 4.3 Volt will give me a warm vape.

Say I then decide to use the Wattage setting (P) on the iTaste (not available on the Twist nor Spinner):

I put on a 1.8 ohm topper. 6.5 Watt will give me a cool vape and 8.0 Watt will give me a warm vape.

Then I switch to a 2.5 ohm topper. 6.5 Watt will still give me a cool vape and 8.0 Watt will still give me a warm vape.

Thus...by using Watts it will auto adjust for whatever ohm I put on...to get a similar vape no matter the coil.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Twist...VV

Spinner...VV

iTaste...VV and, more important, VW

Say I'm using the Voltage setting (U) on the iTaste (or Twist or Spinner):

I put on a 1.8 ohm topper. 3.0 Volt will give me a cool vape and 3.5 Volt will give me a warm vape.

Then I switch to a 2.5 ohm topper. I then have to "play around" with the settings to find that 3.7 Volt will give me a cool vape and 4.3 Volt will give me a warm vape.

Say I then decide to use the Wattage setting (P) on the iTaste (not available on the Twist nor Spinner):

I put on a 1.8 ohm topper. 6.5 Watt will give me a cool vape and 8.0 Watt will give me a warm vape.

Then I switch to a 2.5 ohm topper. 6.5 Watt will still give me a cool vape and 8.0 Watt will still give me a warm vape.

Thus...by using Watts it will auto adjust for whatever ohm I put on...to get a similar vape no matter the coil.

The same argument for using an eVic VV/VW over a lavatube VV.

I do agree. I just think saying the itaste performs better is only half the story.

My eVic died, I bought an SID instead, as I didn't have the money. I use the SID in VV mode, because it only does 0.5 watts increments.

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
Here is my thing, I just bought an Itaste vv 3.0 it is a pretty strong learning curve for a newbie. I have found that I vape a lot warmer than I thought I would. I have mine set on 9.5 watts right now. My other battery is an ego-t upgrade which I also bought recently(I had broken my other ego). I like the ego very much. The itaste allows me flexibility. The unit seems very well built and I love that it does not roll.

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
Here's my take on this. I chose an MVP because I have spinners and twists, which work fine and I use them when I go out and about. I bought the MVP because the battery life is super, it works perfectly, it's relatively inexpensive (my kit included an Iclear30, charger and beauty rink) for 55 bucks shipped.

The IclearVV is 35 bucks with a charger. So for me the MVP made sense since I use it at home, on the boat and when we go out of town. Now if I didn't have perfectly good spinners and twists I may have bought the IC VV3. The only thing I do not like about the VV3 is that it's only 800MAH and it's ability to hit the stated power is suspect.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I have four iTaste 3.0's and replaced all my other stick batteries with them, giving them to friends and PIF's. At this time, I believe them to be the best stick battery on the market. A full featured APV in a form factor smaller than a Twist or Spinner, the iTaste 3.0 can be used a primary, backup, stealth and out and about device. Unlike most larger APV's, once you upgrade, you don't use them as often, whereas with a stick battery, you'll find many uses, like out and about, for as long as they last. I have drawers full of a dozen or more APV's that I no longer use, yet I still use the iTaste. I'm quite impressed and regularly recommend them. You can use virtually any ego or 510 threaded device on them, which is to say, almost all of them. Good luck in your GearQuest! Welcome to the Forum.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread