SVD or Vamo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
100% SVD. Waaaay more versatile than the Vamo, does everything the Vamo can do and then some (Vamo only takes 18650s or 18350s, the SVD will take any 18xxx battery that's out there), and one MAJOR factor: the buttons LOCK on the SVD. The Vamo's buttons do not lock (turning the device off does not constitute "locking buttons"). One day my Vamo rolled around in my backpack and like a fool I hit it before checking and burnt my carto dead. It had accidently bumped itself to 15 watts and I hit it on a 2 ohm carto. Fried it instantly.

SVD all the way. You can't go wrong. Also, the SVD is made by the same company that makes your MVP 2 (innokin). If you like the quality of your MVP 2, you'll like the craftmanship of the SVD.

grayscale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
DFW
100% SVD. Waaaay more versatile than the Vamo, does everything the Vamo can do and then some (Vamo only takes 18650s or 18350s, the SVD will take any 18xxx battery that's out there), and one MAJOR factor: the buttons LOCK on the SVD. The Vamo's buttons do not lock (turning the device off does not constitute "locking buttons"). One day my Vamo rolled around in my backpack and like a fool I hit it before checking and burnt my carto dead. It had accidently bumped itself to 15 watts and I hit it on a 2 ohm carto. Fried it instantly.

SVD all the way. You can't go wrong. Also, the SVD is made by the same company that makes your MVP 2 (Innokin). If you like the quality of your MVP 2, you'll like the craftmanship of the SVD.

Which Vamo was that?

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
of the two mods you mentioned and the one you have they all vape at the same level of performance. As mentioned above you have some battery size option but not really an up grade more of a lateral IMO. If you want better performance and higher quality electronics. You have to up the cash also.

Id Personally chose a SVD over a Vamo

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
CONS...

SVD: atty connection is weak. Atty pin is easily pushed into the mod. The grommet surrounding it is small and loose. Do not over tighten your atty.

Vamo: 510 threads strip easily. AFAIK, no one makes an eGo to 510 adapter, which would somewhat alleviate that problem, except your atty would look all stupid floating above the mod.

Mats

Sep 16, 2013
Canada
of the two mods you mentioned and the one you have they all vape at the same level of performance. As mentioned above you have some battery size option but not really an up grade more of a lateral IMO. If you want better performance and higher quality electronics. You have to up the cash also.
Id Personally chose a SVD over a Vamo

What would you suggest as am upgrade to what I currently own then?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
SVD has same ohm-reading capability.
If you're rebuilding though, now for $10, you can get this!!!

Here's my take - I have an SVD and a VAMO V2.
I like them both!

VAMO: seems to fire "hotter" as in maybe 1/2 volt higher than it's set. No big deal for me
VAMO: 510 threads SUCK. Things go on a little crooked, and you have to give it a tiny jiggle and turn another 20 degrees, hoping to not do damage, just to get it straight and snug.
VAMO: I won't use a ProTank on it - it hovers a little above the collar, and therefore is hanging by the 510 threads (see point above)...

SVD: Cuts the air off on a T3. I think the 510 threads are perhaps longer?
SVD: Holds 18650, 18500, 18490, 18350 - telescopic so no tubeswapping. Since I got this one first, I don't even HAVE any 18350's.

The way it works out, I like and use both. I just use my T3's on the VAMO, and my ProTanks on the SVD.
MiniProTanks, and EVODs are fine on both.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
You're actually losing functions by choosing the 134. The Tesla is, IMO, ugly as sin and, just like Busardo mentions in his review, the screen is placed in the most stupid area possible. Every time you move your thumb to tap a button, it covers the screen.

Honestly, the SVD, in my opinion, is the next step. The Vamo, Tesla, and ZMax are so... yesterday. ;-)

Last edited:

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Well, the 134 is just Vw, and aside from its bulk, it doesn't do anything special. It is limited in terms of power, but it is impressive. If that's all you want, and you like the style, go for it. Personally, I think it's just cool packaging. The Tesla is at least multifunctional. Are you just looking for a cool looking tube mod, or are you looking for function as well?

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
What would you suggest as am upgrade to what I currently own then?

If you want an up grade a Man Cave Mod or a Shan B DNA 20 for about 160 dollars next up is a Semovar 215$ or a Provari for 159$ Those are the more obtainable better preforming mods. They arent cheap but I can honestly say Vape a MPV and SVD or Vamo then Vape one of the above and you can tell a difference. Pluse you dont have connection problems or all of the other things associated with the cheaper mods.

Therese not much difference performance wise for 100 dollars and under they all vape about the same Zmaxes can be thrown in to the mix with SVD, Vamo

This is just my opinion biased on my experiences. Another option would be a Mechanical with a Kick RTD is having a 15% off sale then you can have two in one VW or unregulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread