"Full 510 thread needed"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that mean? I'm looking at buying an eVOD or a Kanger tank...the description says the threads will fit my eGo-C, but then goes on to say that a full 510 thread is needed. Well what the heck? Does that mean the eVOD has the full thread? What about the Kanger? Its so confusing.

Kim

Sent from my Motorola RAZR M

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
They are talking about the threading on the outside of the connection pin. Most (or orig 510) have threading on the inside close to the post. All you need is an 510 ego adapter.

:)

Like this one
510 Battery to eGo Atomizer Adapter

Look at the Kanger Protank and how the threading is made to fit a reg 510 threading. Then look at the evod battery and it shows threading on the outside.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_Twist_Variable_Voltage_650mAh_Battery_p/ego-c-tst.htm
Does your ego-c look like this one?

hope this helps some.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hi

I have no idea where they were going with that one. Any of the Kanger devices will work with/fit an eGo-C.

Shopping note: If you want to avoid the entire issue of what liquids crack plastic tanks, head straight for the glass PT and it will never be a problem. Although the majority of an EVOD is metal, that small view window in the tank is plastic - the same issues apply.

ETA: It might be vendor paranoia. There are a couple few devices out there that have quirky 510 connectors - funky head designs with 510 connectors recessed ever so slightly that getting a PT to make electrical contact doesn't work well. An eGo-C battery is not one of those devices.

Last edited:
They are talking about the threading on the outside of the connection pin. Most (or orig 510) have threading on the inside close to the post. All you need is an 510 ego adapter.

Like this one
510 Battery to eGo Atomizer Adapter

Look at the Kanger Protank and how the threading is made to fit a reg 510 threading. Then look at the evod battery and it shows threading on the outside.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_Twist_Variable_Voltage_650mAh_Battery_p/ego-c-tst.htm
Does your ego-c look like this one?

hope this helps some.

Yes my battery looks like those, although not as long. It apparently isn't a Joyetech brand though. And the brick and mortar shop I went to whom I also ordered an EVOD through now tells me its going to take 2 weeks to get the EVOD in and buly looking online he's charging me double the price for the thing.

I stupidly referred someone to his shop today. I sent an email to him today asking to cancel my order. I don't want anything to do with him ever again.

Kim

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I have never heard this before either, the guy at work has a protank on his ego knockoff running fine. if in doubt its only a few bucks for an adapter always worth having around in your gear anyways. you may never use it but the one time down the road you need one and dont have it well................

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So one vote saying I do need that little piece and one vote saying I don't?

I'm still confused....

Kim

I am sorry for any confusion I caused. When buying a tank for your particular ecig look at how it screws onto the ecig battery. Since Rick said any Kanger tank will work on your ecig, that is what I would go with. I was thinking about a different type of tank, like one that has a recessed connection pin and screws on threads on the outside of the battery. And the original 510 threading that the kanger protank uses screw down into the battery to meet the pin.
Rick is right about the protank2. It is glass and very easy to use. Look at that and a protank mini 2(which may be a better looking fit that lines up with the sides of the battery).
Forget about the adapter. I don't think you need that for what you are looking at.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So one vote saying I do need that little piece and one vote saying I don't?

I'm still confused....

Kim

If you have an eGo battery, you should order eGo threaded heads, like the T3, eVod, and mini ProTank.

ProTank 2 (510 threaded) will work on your eGo battery because is has internal 510 threading, but will look a bit like a lollipop because the 510 threaded ProTank is wider in diameter than your eGo batteries. The beauty ring is used to cover the treads and to support the weight of the tank.

Evod on eGo:

180654d1361493487-color-coordinating-kanger-evod-mt3-twist-evod.jpg

Protank on eGo (with beauty ring):

joyetech_twist_kanger_protank__61778.1370276252.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
It's not just a beauty ring for the Protank 1. It also helps to squeeze the breeze.
The PT draw is too airy for me without the "beauty ring".

I always used thread covers on egos. I think they look too unfinished or cobbled together without them.

2 weeks is 2 long.
Kanger Evod Rebuildable Clearomizer - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes
MBV has the best price I know of on Evods, good juice at a budget price and killer customer service.
use code "ecf" for 10% discount, free shipping over $50 (after discount), 15ml freebie for orders over $15.
Ask to try a specific flavor at a specific nic and at your ratio for your freebie at checkout in comments.
I get my stuff 2-3 days after ordering 3000 miles away via USPS first class

Ask in here for opinions on flavors - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ion/285341-mtbakervapor-564.html#post11198096 <---chatty bunch :)

But back to my point - 2 weeks = 2 long

Here's aother great place for great prices - http://discountvapers.com/
He's in Conn. so I get my orders in 2 days here in Flatlandachusetts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread