I don't smoke. I don't vape. I don't even drink, but I mix and make e-juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

names

Oct 21, 2013
WA
Like most everyone here, I'm here to give and get information. My friends vape, and being the techie , I help them re-build coils (with stainless mesh and silica) and make their own e-juice. I use MBV and Volcano for mixture bases, and they also like N-E-T products from goodejuice. I'm going to share most of my experience and recipes for mixing, and once I'm no longer a forum n00b, try to contribute to the DIY and natural extraction forums.

DustyZ

Suspended
Jul 5, 2013
Ocala, FL, USA
Have you ever used essential oils for vaping?

This has been brought up before and I will answer this as it's a question I see sometimes and I used to sell pure essential oils as well as make lotions, massage oils etc out of them, do NOT use essential oils for making e-juice under any circumstances! There are quite a few that can be very toxic and unless you know all about them it's not worth taking the risks! Again, do not use these to vape with!!!

names

Oct 21, 2013
WA
Have you ever used essential oils for vaping?
e-liquid is basically metabolized. Therefore, if it isn't used in food, we won't use it to make juice. So, no. essential oils are great for incense, but should never be ingested or inhaled, I don't think.

Vegetable glycerin is a very good nicotine base, and there's enough ethanol and glycol in most flavorings to thin out the VG to a perfect level.

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
e-liquid is basically metabolized. Therefore, if it isn't used in food, we won't use it to make juice. So, no. essential oils are great for incense, but should never be ingested or inhaled, I don't think.

Vegetable glycerin is a very good nicotine base, and there's enough ethanol and glycol in most flavorings to thin out the VG to a perfect level.

Ethanol? The stuff they're putting in gasoline? Really?

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
:laugh: nice. I can't tell if he was sincere, but he's gotten plenty of response.

I've read enough of ECF, and the news that It totally made me laugh. I guess sometimes I forget that many of the people on the forum are in the throes of switching from smoking to vaping. While vaping makes it much easier, there's still an edge, and almost every recent bit of news makes it seem worse!

No worries, folks! (But DON'T use anything that isn't food-grade in your liquids, please! Can we bring the thread back to that very important topic?)

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
very interesting....just be careful... you have anyway to measure nic-content?

meanckz,

Tobacco extractions (at home anyway) don't get much nicotine from the leaves, they're primarily for taste. You still add concentrated nic juice (or add the flavoring to your regular-strength juice).

From what I've read, you need particular solvents (and equipment) to effectively extract large amounts of nicotine. But it never hurts to start slowly with a new DIY juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread