What is your favorite carto tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigtausteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
Lawton, OK, USA
So far i have been using a smoktech slim, the DCT pyrex (the metal one with the little windows) and a Valley View Vapes sidewinder(?) that my brother gave me. I have found that after trying several different clearos and 1 bcc. I tend to lean towards the cartos. Less of a hassle and less likely to mess up.

I am looking to expand my collection of carto-tanks and am looking for opinions on the SEVERAL that are out there. So what is your favorite carto tank? :?:

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
I like the valley view tanks. It is the only carto-tank I have used. I was so sad that he had to end his business.:( I bought my first Tuff tank from vape dudes,on 11-4-12,almost a year back and am still using the same tank. I had 7 of them,but gave one to my neighbor. They work for me,with little to no problems. I found I like the "slotted" Boge cartos,from Surevapes,especially if you use thick,or dark juices.

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
My favorite right now is the Artemas (UDCT) tank from Smok. You can take a look at an overview of it, as well as the Smok DCT tank: UDCT (Artemas) Tank Quick Look - YouTube

Both of these are my favorites as of right now, but I'm also going to be looking into an AGR tank in the near future. Hope this helps!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Clear 500.jpg IBTanked Rio carnival tank.jpg IBTanked-large-small.jpg IBTanked25mmsb.jpg

You won't find a higher quality yet affordable pyrex tank than an IBTanked. I currently have 14 of them in four sizes.

No other vendor offers such a wide selection in sizes of tanks available. Three lengths: halfling, standard, & XL. Four diameters to fit what ever battery device you own: 15, 19, 22, & 25 mm. Choice of stainless steel or anodized aluminum endcaps. Optional customizing of the pyrex glass with hand-painted designs is at added cost.

Review of the IBTanked

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Last edited:

sigtausteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
Lawton, OK, USA
I like the valley view tanks. It is the only carto-tank I have used. I was so sad that he had to end his business.:( I bought my first Tuff tank from vape dudes,on 11-4-12,almost a year back and am still using the same tank. .

I love my valley tank. Clean lines and easy. Looks great on my natural mod. Throw a stainless rook drip tip and it looks like an old time movie spaceship. Lol.

The artemas looks pretty good. I like that the bottom screws on to prevent sliding of the carto. I had an issue with my smok slim tank just yesterday with that. The Texas tuff tanks are very reasonably priced. Any problems with leaking from the screw hole? If so how did you fix it? Might have to order me one of these to try it out.

The ibtanked one is just gorgeous. Might be dropping hints to the wife on a Christmas present. Lol

Jester

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The artemas looks pretty good. I like that the bottom screws on to prevent sliding of the carto. I had an issue with my smok slim tank just yesterday with that. The Texas tuff tanks are very reasonably priced. Any problems with leaking from the screw hole? If so how did you fix it? Might have to order me one of these to try it out.

The Smoktech DCT tanks are notorious for being slidey on a carto. Few other tanks have this problem. I have never had an issue with my tanks being too slidey.

Be aware that the Texas Tuff Tanks use a silicone grommet, and not a traditional end cap like most other cartotanks use. These can be extremely difficult to insert and remove a cartomizer. This is the reason these tanks are so cheap. Grommets cost pennies, metal endcaps cost $16 - 20 a pair.

The screws for the juice fill hole are small and easy to lose, which makes the tank ineffective to use once lost.

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
The Smoktech DCT tanks are notorious for being slidey on a carto. Few other tanks have this problem. I have never had an issue with my tanks being too slidey.
I'm pretty fortunate that I've not had any slideyness, leaks or slide-disasters with these tanks (so far). There's also the fact that the caps (on the Pyrex DCTs) are fixed in place. This makes them, essentially, disposable once the rings are damaged or start leaking.

Again, so far so good in my personal experience, but they were an inexpensive way for me to check out glass carto-tanks (prior to tanks, I was using "mega-cartos").

Thanks to the recommendations and personal experiences shared by other members, when those tanks do fail (I know that it's a matter of time, but I am doing all that I can to pamper the o-rings in the meantime) I have excellent information and recommendations for replacements.

I guess that you could say that currently, I am part lucky, mostly happy, and have nothing but opportunities to be even more pleased in the future! All thanks to the massive amount of knowledge being shared in this community.

sigtausteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
Lawton, OK, USA

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Smoktek UDCT or whatever the pyrex tanks are have weak-sauce orings. I have several smoktek DCT polypropylene tanks, and I haven't had any of them slide. They actually grip ikenvape platinum cartomizers too much. If I wanted to refill a tank using those cartomizers, I could only get them off with taking the end cap off with the cartomizer stuck in them. Outside of that, I haven't had any issues with the polypropylene DCTs..after > 9months of use.

~$10 for a polypropylene tank, doesn't leak nasty stuff into the liquid or crack like polycarbonate.

IBTanked are the best tanks..bella elegance have the prettiest end caps.

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
I did have leaking from the screw hole when I would lay it on its side. I just quit doing that and made sure the screw hole was up. I have had no problem with the silicone grommets,they become more pliable over time. I do not assemble, like in the video. I put the grommet on one end,seat it then one on the other end. I roll it pressing on the carto at both ends at the same time,this ensures a good seal. I am sure there are better tanks,but not for 7.99. I did buy xtra grommets and screws,have a whole bag, but have yet to use them. They stand up to all my citrus & cinnamon flavors. One day I may buy a nice glass tank,but I run 3-4 tanks(flavors) at a time,so that would be 3-4 nice tanks$$$$.

rangie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
NOTTINGHAM ENGLAND
im like yourself love to try different tanks and carto ive been using the protank protank 2 and last week got the new kanger unitank which is very nice and easy to use I got a good range of thanks from ce4s to rsst aga's vivi novas smok cartos and the smok style vivi nova and I like them all I find they all work different and taste different im playing with genesis styles at the moment make ss wicks and u wicks keeps me busy just orded a couple of drippers from fasttech to see how I get on with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread