Less 'Airy' Alternative to the Protank II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance for your input. Admittedly, I'm a noob - only been vaping for three weeks (analog free as well!) - I have the eVic and Protank-II. While I have researched the best that I can, are there any other recommended alternatives to the Protank-II that have a less Airy draw? I feel like I'm drawing on a McDonald's straw. :) Any recommendations would be appreciated - I'd prefer, however, that such an alternative be relatively maintenance-free as the Protank-II has been. I realize I might be wishing for too much, but I don't yet have the experience to know the vast array of options there are out there!

THANKS!

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Check out the Hypertank. Holds more liquid and if you look closely at the bottom plate, it does not have the big air vents that the PT2 does. It takes the same coils as the PT2.

I have 2 on the way. I am also hoping for a less airy draw

Will notify. Stand by

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8354

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

AhhCheew

Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Jersey City, NJ
I feel like I'm drawing on a McDonald's straw. :)
Is the draw really that airy for you lol? I actually just found out they reduced the size of the air holes on the base of the PT2 from the PT1 to give it a tighter draw. I can only imagine what the older base would've been like for you lol.

What carto tank and carto would you suggest?
The U-DCT aka Artemas is a good one it comes in 2.5ml and 5ml. It also comes in different colors. Only problem is the tank is plastic so certain juices will crack it. It locks on the bottom so there's no chance you can accidentally pull your tank off the carto. There's also the
AGR+ which is another locking tank with a fill hole on top and is made with pyrex glass (so certain juices won't ruin the tank.). It only comes in one size. There's also other locking tanks such as IBTanked and Phiniacs but I have not personally used them so I did not recommend them. There's a million different tanks you can buy but I prefer locking tanks just as an added layer of protection from spilling juice all over yourself.

Last edited:
Is the draw really that airy for you lol? I actually just found out they reduced the size of the air holes on the base of the PT2 from the PT1 to give it a tighter draw. I can only imagine what the older base would've been like for you lol.

"Airy" for me as a noob might not be airy at all for more experienced people, that's for sure - my local shop reacted the same way. He said, "hmm, it's a good thing you didn't have the PT 1, or else you'd be freaking out"...lol!

I did order two of the Hypertanks mentioned in this thread and will provide a full review and update - I hope to have them this week.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
While I have researched the best that I can, are there any other recommended alternatives to the Protank-II that have a less Airy draw? I feel like I'm drawing on a McDonald's straw. :)

Btw you always have the option of tightening the draw by either filling in the air hole in the base of the PT2 and/or filling in one of the air channels that are drilled into the bottom. I'd use a non-permanent solution to try the draw before doing anything permanent. Like stick a wood toothpick into the air hole and take a draw to see if filling that hole makes it better... if so you can plug it with hot glue or compound.

Optionally, I saw one member here who tightened her PT2 draw up by buying a small elastic hair band and putting it on her mod at the base of the PT2 to block airflow getting to the tank, rather than modify the tank itself.

Good luck. :)

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I feel like a broken record, I really like the Smok Tech Aro Pyrex. The draw is much better. It's way cheaper. It holds more juice and its glass. It has it's own coils, but they're the same price and build as the Kanger heads.

On top of that the Aro heads will work in the PTanks and EVODs... the Kanger heads won't work in the Aros though. And I feel like a broken record too. :D I would not get a plastic tank, and especially not with the Aro Pyrex available for $7.99. However the Aro does use eGo cone threading, not the 510 threading, if that's important to the OP.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
This isn't a joke, I use these to restrict the airflow on my Protanks. I didn't like the draw either, but I didn't want to just toss them in the back of a drawer. The holes fit perfectly around the 510 connector and I press the edges into the airflow channels. If it's still too airy, I add another layer. They are smaller in diameter than the Protank base, so you can't see them from the side when they are on. Also, since they are made of paper, they absorb the little bit of seeping that sometimes happens.

51XcUGEy5OL._SY300_.jpg

Last edited:

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
This isn't a joke, I use these to restrict the airflow on my Protanks. I didn't like the draw either, but I didn't want to just toss them in the back of a drawer. The holes fit perfectly around the 510 connector and I press press the edges into the airflow channels. If it's still too airy, I add another layer. They smaller in diameter than the Protank base, so you can't see them from the side when they are on. Also, since they are made of paper, they absorb the little bit of seeping that sometimes happens.

I just love the creativity of vapers. :D

EDIT: Btw, what the heck are those used for? I've never seen them.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I just love the creativity of vapers. :D

EDIT: Btw, what the heck are those used for? I've never seen them.

Back in the day, we had these devices called hole punches for paper. We punched 3 holes in paper, then put them in 3-ring binders. The reinforcement rings go around the punched holes, making them less prone to tear in a binder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread