I don't remember getting high on nicotine when I smoked normal cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
That's not to say I didn't, I just don't remember it. With this 24mg stuff I am all over the place. I feel like I'm on something. Woohoo.

Yes, I am going to have to go down to 18mg liquid. My excuse is I am new to vaping after smoking 20+ a day and 24mg was recommended to me I was told go high to start with to stay off the cigs.

Anyway, it was my one week anniversary today. One week off cigs, I never thought I could have done one day off them (neither did any of my friends) so all is good :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Well, first off congratulations on quitting smoking. For me though, when I vape 24mg I get a stomach ache, and an annoying light headedness. Hmm. lol

Thanks. No stomach ache here but that light headedness yeah, um, that's the 'good' part lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
You didn't ever get stuck on a plane for six hours, rush outside and light up? Made my head spin, lol. Get some lower strength stuff and try that, use the higher strength when the urge for a stinkie hits. The strength seems to be different for many people. With ecigs, there is no "one" way. Congratulations on quitting! :)

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
congrats on your first week smoke free ... if you had one now (please don't) ... bet you cop a buzz :vapor:

I honestly haven't had the slightest desire for a normal cig at all since I started vaping. My better half still can't believe it.

You didn't ever get stuck on a plane for six hours, rush outside and light up? Made my head spin, lol. Get some lower strength stuff and try that, use the higher strength when the urge for a stinkie hits. The strength seems to be different for many people. With ecigs, there is no "one" way. Congratulations on quitting! :)

Come to think of it yes I remember flying to Seattle (I'm in the UK) and my first cig blowing my head off. With vaping though it's kind of a steady buzz. I am ordering a ton of 18mg bottles tomorrow for sure, I meant to do it today and forgot.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Which juice is that Zoe? Are you getting more of the flavour because the nic is higher? (dunno if that's how it works).

No, actually. I think higher nic sort of takes away from the flavor.

I'm vaping Nicoticket's Custard's Last Stand. It's AWESOME.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I honestly haven't had the slightest desire for a normal cig at all since I started vaping. My better half still can't believe it.

Come to think of it yes I remember flying to Seattle (I'm in the UK) and my first cig blowing my head off. With vaping though it's kind of a steady buzz. I am ordering a ton of 18mg bottles tomorrow for sure, I meant to do it today and forgot.

It is different. I went up to 24 for a bit and then one day it was just too much. Took me about twenty minutes to figure out what was going on. Duh.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I can remember drinking heavily while on a Mardi Gras parade float, stepping off and lighting up.

Boom.

I had folks thinking that I had a heart attack and breaking out the portable heart shocker thingamabobs.

I'm sorry, that busted me up. Perhaps because I've been to Mardi Gras.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I think depends on how you use your electronic cigarette too. If you take long drags or vape constantly 24mg might seem high.
But, if you take short puffs or only vape once in a while 24mg or higher might be perfect.

I read on one of the tutorials here that short puffs don't give you any nicotine. You need to slow draw for three seconds to get nicotine. Is that true? I wondered actually if that was written for old devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread