Virgin Vapor reviews suspiciously all 5-star?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elquinto

Oct 22, 2013
USA
Hey, I just went through my first sample pack from Virgin Vapor and I've got to say, the flavors were not as good as I was expecting given all the rave reviews. I went to the VV site to post my thoughts and I was noticing that every flavor they have was getting nothing but 5-stars. Its been a few days and the reviews I posted still are not showing. Suspicious?

Angiebubs

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2013
Amery, WI
Couple of things-I had asked this question a few months ago-and basically it takes awhile to get the reviews posted. I know that they have had several big events lately so have been VERY busy! My reviews DID show up. And honestly, I mostly posted on the ones that jumped out at me as all time favorites, and probably what happens with most. Of the 40+ flavors I have tried, there has only been one I did not care for (And is a top fav with others) and only a couple that I could take or leave. I would highly recommend their Celestial Honeydew, Plum Crazy, Sweet Butter Cream mint, Strawberry Granita, Kona Coffee Milkshake,and Black Cherry Marshmallow. The first threes I list are good right away, the others took a couple weeks before I felt their full flavor comes through.

As far as the flavors, if you ordered their (Virgin line especially) VG, you should definitely steep the liquids to discover their true awesome flavors! (Yes I am a huge VV fan!!!)
IMHO

ETA: changes absolute to virgin line sorry

Last edited:

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Not really. They screen their reviews and only accept (mostly) 5-star ones. It's their prerogative I suppose. I imagine other vendors do the same.

I've said this before, some of *THE BEST* juice I've ever had came from Virgin Vapor. It should be noted these bottles were quite old, however. I vaped them 2 months ago, and they were 8 months old back then. I think somewhere along the lines they either changed the recipe or have been having issues with their flavorings of choice (Other threads exist that touch on these topics, the validity of which I cannot say).

Either that, or their juices truly do require 6 months or longer to steep before they become as good. I haven't decided, but got a big 50ml bottle of Butter Cream Mint that I will be happy to test in Spring (rofl).

I'm not ordering from them anymore unless they change whatever is going on or can supply consistent flavor no matter the age. I'm just not interested in hanging on to bottles for half a year before they taste good. I suggest you check out Heather's Heavenly Vapes (Purity line) or Velvet Cloud Vapor. If you're into 100% VG juices, can't go wrong there.

Last edited:

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
I had a small 10ml I got back in mid-August and it was divine. Even in my Protank, which tends to create more vapor and less flavor, it tasted like the smoothest butter cream with a hint of what to me was like a Black & Mild cigar. Very little mint, if any at all, but I didn't mind in the slightest.

This 50ml tastes like cheap mint flavor mixed with alcohol and sugar. It's blah. Been steeping for 2 weeks now and no difference. Smells amazing though.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been ordering a few choice flavors from Virgin Vapors for over a year. Most of them require a 2 - 3 week steeping period before they are at their best. To me, they are worth it because I have enough other juice I can afford to wait.

I don't care for all of her flavors. I have one (pecan pie) that I really wanted to like, but after a years time it just never clicked. No e-liquid vendor is going to get it right with every flavor they offer. Thing is, someone will like it enough to keep ordering it and justify leaving it on the list.

I always keep some Kona Velvet Milkshake, Original Sin (apple), and Red Hot Cinnamon in my juice collection. I like all the coffee flavors I've tried from VV. And most of the fruit flavors, too. I've just found some other coffee and fruit flavors that I prefer more elsewhere.

Last edited:

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Tastes vary. They vary a lot. Think food taste preferences, and then imagine that every diner is the pickiest eater you've ever seen. Now realize that there are vapers who are ten times pickier than that.

You're gonna be disappointed with a lot of juices. It doesn't matter how expensive or how well packaged they are. It doesn't matter how glowing their reviews are. You're gonna hate your fair share, possibly even most of what you try. That's why I recommend starting with cheaper vendors; chances are your success rate won't be much lower, but you'll spend less figuring out which general flavor profiles suit you best, and there's a solid chance you'll find at least one keeper -- a juice that'll suffice as an all-day-vape until you find something that knocks your socks off.

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca
I noticed another vendor I did a review for didn't post my negative review. It wasn't a mean spirited review. I was just honest about how much I didn't like it. I tend to trust vendors who have some negative reviews. Taste is very subjective so I take that into account but I like to know if it needs steeping, will gunk up coils or crack plastic tanks.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Its difficult to really judge an ejuice from a review, although you can hints of what to expect. For example, I purchased a bottle of Strawberry-Lime cooler from VV even though there were quite a few reviews saying it was nasty, bitter and harsh. One person said it was terrible, tasted like some sort of spiced-Nyquil. Many others said it was the "best" juice they have ever tried, but I tend to take that with a grain of salt since its like saying that a particular dish at a local eatery is the best thing they have to offer.

Anyway, for me, I actually like the taste of Nyquil, and I do like bitter tastes so I gave the bottle a try. Not something I would vape frequently as the flavor was a bit too strong for my taste, and the spicy-ness was much stronger than I expected so I'll probably dilute it with some unflavored VG once I get around to picking up a bottle.

The basic flavor is acceptable to me, just too concentrated for my preference so I will just have to modify it to how I like it.

Bottom line I think the best way to find the "best" e-juice is to just keep trying as many brands as you can. You'll eventually find the perfect blend, taste and consistency and will probably just stick to it for a long while. Looking back at all the flavors I tried from different vendors, I'd say the journey was definitely worth it; I actually sort of miss the anticipation of trying a new juice even though the majority of time it ended up in disappointment. LOL

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
I always keep some Kona Velvet Milkshake, Original Sin (apple), and Red Hot Cinnamon in my juice collection.

The Red Hot Cinnamon is pretty epic even OOB. I got a 50ml of that and I'm quite happy with it, and will likely re-order if I run out. I should probably re-cap on my earlier post: I don't plan to purchase exclusively from VV anymore. They do however, have some pretty amazing flavors. These flavors can be really hit or miss. Multiply that by two for individual tastes. Multiply by another two for the vintage of the bottle.

I really wish I could place an order at their site and be guaranteed what I'll receive is exactly like what I received before, but aside from the Red Hot Cinnamon which has been a very consistent flavor for me, I've yet to find something on their menu that doesn't have such polar opposites in flavor profile.

Maybe Snake Bite, maybe. I've got a bottle of it that's been steeping for a month now and it's finally starting to show its face. Makes me sad too cause the first bottle I ordered was some kind of epic brew the likes of which I've never experienced. They actually put my review on their site, but I guarantee every word was true.

duby1622

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
United States
i ordered 14 flavors from virgin vapors, most sample packs, a couple of larger bottles since the reviews both on their site and here on ECF were so good. Tried them all right out of the mail. Didn't like a single one. Let them steep 3 weeks, tried them again. Marginally better, but not a single one has found a home in a tank. None are flavorful enough for me except the blackberry vanilla swirl, but for some reason it makes my tongue tingle in a very unpleasant way. I spent too much money on juice i will never vape (i guess i will try them again in 6 months...). Its pretty crappy if they filter their reviews and just post the good ones. Its misleading, and reallyy dishonest business. I will not give virgin vapors one more penny of my hard earned money.

BadTrainDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
Dublin, Ohio
I don't know whether they filter their reviews or not...I sure hope that they wouldn't, but I also agree that flavor reviews vary from person to person, taste to taste.

I have personally ordered two different sample packs, and four 30ml out of the 6 samples I sampled.

With the exception of one of the samples, I really like everything I've tried from them.

I do have one question that I've been meaning to ask...and I apologize if this is common knowledge me being new to this...but my Red Hot Cinnamon has been sitting for about a week, and I've noticed that it has "separated". There is small level of clear fluid sitting on top of the remaining fluid that is cloudy. Is that normal? I know to shake before using, and it mixes when I shake it, but after it sits for a few hours...sure enough, it's separated again.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
...but my Red Hot Cinnamon has been sitting for about a week, and I've noticed that it has "separated". There is small level of clear fluid sitting on top of the remaining fluid that is cloudy. Is that normal? I know to shake before using, and it mixes when I shake it, but after it sits for a few hours...sure enough, it's separated again.

Perfectly normal. This is due to the flavoring of the liquid, cinnamaldehyde. It has a different density than VG and will naturally separate and rise to the top. Ever put vegetable oil into a clear glass of water? Same thing. As I understand, similar cinnamon juices from other vendors are exactly the same.

Vape on :vapor:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I don't think it's a setup. They're a really popular company. In fact, year before last, one of their flavors was either first or second in the e-liquid poll. Most people that do reviews are usually people that like the e-liquid. That's the only time I've ever commented, when I liked something.

That's not to say you'll like it. I read glowing reviews on this forum about a supplier who shall remain nameless and I honestly wonder if we're talking about the same company because I thought it was so bad. That's just the way it is regarding taste. They'd probably hate what I like.

You're not going to like every e-liquid. If you like half of them, you're lucky. I probably only like 10-20% of the liquid I buy. That's why I DIY. Not because I'm good at it, because I'm not, but it's easier to make a new batch than to send away for it.

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca
Its difficult to really judge an ejuice from a review, although you can hints of what to expect. For example, I purchased a bottle of Strawberry-Lime cooler from VV even though there were quite a few reviews saying it was nasty, bitter and harsh. One person said it was terrible, tasted like some sort of spiced-Nyquil. Many others said it was the "best" juice they have ever tried, but I tend to take that with a grain of salt since its like saying that a particular dish at a local eatery is the best thing they have to offer.

Anyway, for me, I actually like the taste of Nyquil, and I do like bitter tastes so I gave the bottle a try. Not something I would vape frequently as the flavor was a bit too strong for my taste, and the spicy-ness was much stronger than I expected so I'll probably dilute it with some unflavored VG once I get around to picking up a bottle.

The basic flavor is acceptable to me, just too concentrated for my preference so I will just have to modify it to how I like it.

Bottom line I think the best way to find the "best" e-juice is to just keep trying as many brands as you can. You'll eventually find the perfect blend, taste and consistency and will probably just stick to it for a long while. Looking back at all the flavors I tried from different vendors, I'd say the journey was definitely worth it; I actually sort of miss the anticipation of trying a new juice even though the majority of time it ended up in disappointment. LOL

I have done the same thing. I like a sweet juice from time to time. If other people say it's too sweet I know I will probably like it ;)

Last edited:

Camden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
I love coffee flavors, but their kona coffee milkshake left me pretty disappointed after all the rave reviews. Nothing wrong with the company; indeed, tastes vary. But something about it just isn't right. Even after ~5 months of steeping it tastes closer to pure alcohol than to coffee (and yes, it spent plenty of time steeping with the cap off when I first got it). It's possible that it was just an iffy batch but I don't feel compelled to buy from there again just to find out.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
In fact, year before last, one of their flavors was either first or second in the e-liquid poll.

That would have been the Kona Coffee Milkshake, I believe it came in 3rd place in the overall poll. That was the reason I tried it in the first place. Not long after the poll was posted, a key ingredient in the mix became unavailable and therefore Anette was not able to offer it on her website for like 3 - 4 months. I therefore tried the alternative Kona Velvet Milkshake and it became one of my all-time favorites.

When the Kona Coffee Milkshake finally became available, I purchased that, too. Turns out I like the Velvet more, and as I said it has become a staple in my collection ever since.

I tried a sampler of VV's French Vanilla, Banana Coconut Colada, and Double Espresso; and can't really recommend them. Still, I recently ordered another sampler of Dark Roast Turkish Coffee, Coconut Breeze and Going Bananas; giving them a fair shake. Someone earlier mentioned that they let their order steep for months. Seems to me if that's the case, then VV should let them "age" like wine before ever putting them in the mail. Don't want to order something and have to let it sit six months before i can expect good taste. I'll leave them for a month or so, but that's about my limit.

I like the fact that virgin vapors offers a 50/50 vg/pg mix as thats my preference and as a menthol vaper I find that just adding a few drops of their flavors to their Menthol moondrops is key . If I do a straight tank of Peach perfect , its too fruity . Even 1/2 flavor + 1/2 menthol is a bit much , but a few drops of the peach with menthol is sublime . Im currently vaping Celestial Honeydew with their Menthol Moondrops and loving it.If Im just wanting a clean menthol ill add a few drops of peppermint chill to the moondrops.
Of course everyone is entitled to their preference but IMHO VV is quality stuff and business wise everything has arrived in a timely fashion.
After suffering thru a week at the beach vaping Rhino brand menthol , I wouldve killed a man for a bottle of Menthol Moondrops .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread