New here, want to vape, not smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Managethat

Oct 23, 2013
AB,Canada
Greetings from Canada, figured I would join as I could use some experienced advice. I have done some research online the past few weeks but still find myself having trouble deciding on a starter kit. Any recommendations ? I keep hearing the ego twist is the best way to go for beginners but was wondering if there are other/better kits that offer the best bang for your buck.

I smoke about a pack of analogs a day and if you can recommend an e juice strength also that would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance and will be keeping up with the forums.

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
+1 for canvape...

I was about a pad and 12mg worked well for me, I wouldn't try over 18mg from only smoking a pad. Budget plays a big part in what setup to get. Ego twist/spinner/evod vv is where you will probably end up in the near future so is a great place to start. Regular ego batteries work well if you use 1.8ohm clearomizers and are about half the price or less than the variable voltage batteries I mentioned first.

As for a clearo allot recommend evods or protanks which are good but leak atleast a little bit onto your battery at some point which I can't be bothered with. VISION vivi nova minis work well and don't leak unless left on their side or the off chance a bad head in it that can be replaced cheaply.

Whichever you decide to get be sure to have atleast 2 batteries and 2 clearos along with a charger and liquids obviously.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
when I started, my local B&M recommended the Vamo 2, which is a bigger mod than the Ego type, it is also VV/VW, I am still using it after almost 4 month, but quality on this is a bit lacking, you might want to look into the Innokin SVD (if you like tube type mods) Innokin MVP 2.0 (for a box mod), I looked and handled the SVD at the B&M, and promptly went home and ordered it. It seems to be of a better build and materials quality.
So these are my :2c:
:D

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I keep hearing the ego twist is the best way to go for beginners but was wondering if there are other/better kits that offer the best bang for your buck.
If you're not yet looking to get a mod (such as the aforementioned and much beloved MVP), I think you should consider this. There are cheaper kits, but this has two glass clearomizers (no worries about juices that don't work in plastic tanks) and two variable voltage batteries (basically like eGo twists, different brand). Kanger makes good product. There are also some "build your own kit" options out there-- someone may have a link handy. :thumb:

diller_01

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
sudbury, On
Hi Managehat! Glad to see a fellow Canadian vapor. I think the ego twist would be the best bang for the buck to start with. If you are just starting out, then you may not get the full benefit of the variable voltage ecigs that are out there. Once you start trying out different ejuices you will start to get an idea of what you like. Then maybe in a couple of months move up to a better one such as the evic. Also, when I first started I made the mistake of going to the highest nic concentration possible. BAD IDEA! I think I was sick for a good couple of days before I realized it was all the nicotine. I agree with stardose and don't go any higher than 18mg.

Saltraker

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hannibal, Missouri
Ditto on the eGo Twist...or the Vision Spinner. Ditto on the 18mg. I wouldn't fret over getting plastic tanks, tho. Yeah, they might be effected by know crackers, but cheaper to start out with. You'll be spending more money as time goes on for bigger and better. But simple but effective is a good way to start. Welcome to ECF and vape on!

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Welcome to the forum. Get your post up to 5, then you can post in the Canadian section and request the list for Canada vendors, since you can't import vape gear into Canada.

I would check out everything. Sounds like you want to bypass the ego step, and go directly to a protected variable device. Makes sense to me. Make sure your devise of choice can put out at least 15 watts. This won't matter at first, but if you get into rba's and building your own coils, you'll be bummed if you have a device that will only deliver 11 watts. The SVD would be a good choice, it has come way down in price since the Itaste 134 & VTR have come out. The VTR is a great box mod that tickles my fancy.

The best advice I can give is to check everything out, read the reviews and comparisons, check out YouTube for the devices you are interested in. Then purchase the quality device that calls your name.

While the MVP is a decent device, it's 2 major draw backs are the internal battery, can't be replaced, and it only puts out 11 watts. major deal breaker for me, since I enjoy my vape at around 15 watts.

https://www.canvape.com/category-s/1920.htm

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I started with two clearomizers (it was a kit) and almost immediately increased to four tanks just so I could have four different juices on deck. To some extent, personal preference and budget will come into play there. Just make sure that whatever toppers you get, you have some replacement parts on hand (for example, I had five replacement coil heads for my clearomizers from the beginning-- I didn't need them right away, but it's good to have backups).

Regarding juices, it would be ideal to sample in a brick-and-mortar store if you have one nearby, even if only to learn what kinds of flavors you like and don't like. If you don't have a vape shop, order several small bottles or a sampler pack from an online vendor, preferably in flavors you tend to like and that have decent reviews. (There are lots of options. Mister-E Liquid, for example, sells 6ml bottles of all their juices.) I would recommend at least five flavors starting out, and not buying any flavor in a huge quantity even if you do like it right away (your tastes will change over the first month). If you don't like a flavor right away, don't chuck it. Save it to test whether you like it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread