Dying for a SID!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Hi, guys!

I'm a noob who pretty much sped through the levels that most seem to go through.

I started last month with a regular ego battery/clearomizer hook up. The person who sold it to me didn't tell me much so I set out to find answers myself and found an entire world that I have come to find intriguing! Anyway, I bought a K-100 two weeks ago and bought a kick two days ago. Now that I've discovered variable wattage, I want to know what the variable voltage experience would give me, but I want a device that has easy menus, variable voltage and wattage, and an ohm reader. I was looking at the smok SID. Any advice for or against?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Never heard of it so I checked it out from a web site. Looks pretty decent. Are wattage, etc adjustments made by dialing the fire button? Not sure how I'd feel about that if it is the case.

Looks like one button, period, but I've not seen misfires on the videos and I like the menu much better than that of the z-max.

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
SID is really top heavy. Add a good tank onto that, it's pretty crazy. I liked the zmax, but I don't like the customer service behind chinesey mods. I ended up getting a vape-pro for my first APV.

Top heavy, huh? Hmmm... Not sure if I'm okay with that. I would have to go hold one. The zmax menu is too bright and I don't like the look of it. I will look at the vape pro. Thanks!

names

Oct 21, 2013
WA
I think the SID is only top heavy with a big tank on it. With a Kanger Mini or a smaller cartomizer or clearomizer, it's balanced. With te 18350 tube, it's a good size. The only real down-side is they don't like coils with less than 1.3ohm resistance. Look elsewhere if you are going for low resistance coils. Mount Baker Vapor has them on sale for $45 right now.

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
I think the SID is only top heavy with a big tank on it. With a Kanger Mini or a smaller cartomizer or clearomizer, it's balanced. With te 18350 tube, it's a good size. The only real down-side is they don't like coils with less than 1.3ohm resistance. Look elsewhere if you are going for low resistance coils. Mount Baker Vapor has them on sale for $45 right now.

I have a Kanger Mini with a 2.2 coil on it right now and I try to stay consistent. Eventually I'm going to start rebuilding but for now I'm going to stick to that set up. My local B&M is actually MadVapes so I figured I'd get it from there. The $5 I pay extra would be shipping anyway. Thank you so much. You're incredibly helpful!

names

Oct 21, 2013
WA
My local B&M is actually MadVapes so I figured I'd get it from there.
Good vendor. buy local. The spinning button is not something I'd call a feature; it just happens to spin around its center. What's strange is there's a logo on that button and it's NEVER aligned or pointing the same way. Annoying if you're OCD. Not that I am, but it's annoying to those who are.. :)

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Good vendor. buy local. The spinning button is not something I'd call a feature; it just happens to spin around its center. What's strange is there's a logo on that button and it's NEVER aligned or pointing the same way. Annoying if you're OCD. Not that I am, but it's annoying to those who are.. :)

I can imagine myself fiddling with the button, but is eventually build a bridge and get over it. (LOL)

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
One more thing - the SID is a little finicky about the lithium battery. It didn't like the button-top Trustfire 18650s and would shut off when trying to fire. Sanyo and Efest batteries work OK. Panasonic and others will likely work fine.

Great to know! Thanks so much! :)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hi, guys!

I'm a noob who pretty much sped through the levels that most seem to go through.

Now that I've discovered variable wattage, I want to know what the variable voltage experience would give me, but I want a device that has easy menus, variable voltage and wattage, and an ohm reader. I was looking at the Smok SID. Any advice for or against?

Hi loislolalane welcome to ECF

just wondered if you ever looked at an MVP v2... ? :)

- iTaste 2.0 MVP Kit with iClear16

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
One more thing - the SID is a little finicky about the lithium battery. It didn't like the button-top Trustfire 18650s and would shut off when trying to fire. Sanyo and Efest batteries work OK. Panasonic and others will likely work fine.

It's not a good idea to be using non-high drain batteries in a VV/VW device and as the saying goes never trust a battery with "FIRE" in the name. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread