Popping sound from 510 atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxx

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
Nashville, TN
They do make noise when re-wicking.

I'm only a few days into using my ecig, but I have noticed if it isn't making this noise sometimes, then vapor and throat hit is down. Whenever I don't here this noise anymore, I always check to make sure there is still juice in the cart, and also that my battery is nice and full. Once I add juice or change the battery, I hear this noise again and the ecig is back to vaping great.

lightinup

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Agree with 5cardstud, that you will hear more like a "sizzle" when it is rewicking. I had one atty that was brand new and made a rather loud "pop" sound whenever I hit the manual button and would inhale. Even though it was new and I had blown out the primer, I did a vodka soak for 24 hours and let it dry for 24, it still made that loud pop so I tossed it as I just felt it was not safe to use.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I like noisy atties! When I first started I was very conscious of every noise my e-cig made. I had a strange desire of it to be silent. Not so anymore! Now I like the noise... lets me know it is working. I don't know how loud the popping is but if it is working well I wouldn't stress over it too much.

:)

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
The newest batch of 510 atties I got have been "popping" and I don't like them at all. They don't work as well as all the previous ones I've used (which never made this kind of sound). It's not the usual snap, crackle, sizzle that attomizers make, it's a very hard *POP*.

I did a quick recording in case anyone wants to compare their pop to mine. The first click is me hitting the button on the battery, then you'll hear the pop and some normal sizzle. After a pause, I do it again...

ATTY POP

Is that what everyone's atties normally sound like? Because this is the first time I've ever had ones that did that.

I've been so frustrated with these atties that I'm on my third one in 3 days. Maybe the other two really were defective because this third one (which I've been using for about 30 minutes now) is much better despite the hard pop when it fires up. The other two seemed to be burning too hot, which made the vapor too warm. That ruined the flavor too — basically, a very unpleasant vape making me very unhappy for a couple days!

JoeD4

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
The newest batch of 510 atties I got have been "popping" and I don't like them at all. They don't work as well as all the previous ones I've used (which never made this kind of sound). It's not the usual snap, crackle, sizzle that attomizers make, it's a very hard *POP*.

I did a quick recording in case anyone wants to compare their pop to mine. The first click is me hitting the button on the battery, then you'll hear the pop and some normal sizzle. After a pause, I do it again...

ATTY POP

Is that what everyone's atties normally sound like? Because this is the first time I've ever had ones that did that.

I've been so frustrated with these atties that I'm on my third one in 3 days. Maybe the other two really were defective because this third one (which I've been using for about 30 minutes now) is much better despite the hard pop when it fires up. The other two seemed to be burning too hot, which made the vapor too warm. That ruined the flavor too — basically, a very unpleasant vape making me very unhappy for a couple days!

Yup.That's the sound alright. I've been using it all week and it went away after a day or two.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida

ATTY POP

Wow! That really is a POP! I have never heard a sound anything like that coming from mine. The light sizzle sound sometimes, yes. That POP? nope! That's kind of scary!

I have no idea if it's "normal" for it to make that sound or not, but I just had to comment - great recording! That really gives a good differentiation between the "atty sizzle" and huge POP!

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
Wow! That really is a POP! I have never heard a sound anything like that coming from mine. The light sizzle sound sometimes, yes. That POP? nope! That's kind of scary!

I have no idea if it's "normal" for it to make that sound or not, but I just had to comment - great recording! That really gives a good differentiation between the "atty sizzle" and huge POP!

It is kind of scary because it's a very forceful sound. I keep expecting flames to shoot out of the thing! What I've been doing is not putting it up to my mouth until after that initial pop sound.

I think I've just got a bad batch of atties here. It was a box of four, the first of which was fine but only lasted a week. The next two I couldn't tolerate for more than a day each because of the bad vape, bad taste and scary pop. And now this last one from that batch is doing the pop thing, but seems to be working okay for now. I suspect it'll have a very short life though. I've got more on order, though, and hopefully those will be fine.

hersch

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
indiana
I put to much vg in my mix caused popping sound thought I popped my addy..Sounds scary .So I decreased the vg and popping sound no more...I dont know if to much pg will cause it to pop I only use vg...Mine just sizzles like it did when it was new..I have a 510 ejoy...

75650.png

prawdaeh

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
this post is wayyyy old but it came up in a google search.

I am new to this and have gunked up a few atty's to the point i felt like cleaning them (i blame this vanilla flavor i was using it was reddish in color..)

I also just yesterday had a stab at removing a bridge and wick from an atty...first i used one of my dirty ones i was hoping a dry burn would make taste better..it didn't taste much better even then but made the popping noise (these are all like week old atty's i've flooded the crap out of and haven't been letting drain at night because im new to this). I took that 1 and 2 other atty's that didn't taste right (i still blame the vanilla) and did a hot water soak and have let them dry out..hopefully it'll taste better.

I wasn't hearing any pops from them before I removed a bridge in the dirty one. I decided to try the bridgeless method on a fresh atty and broke it in and it pops like crazy (im loving bridgeless on my ego battery..little powerful on my usb passthru).

Are the popping noises you guys getting from bridgless atty's? And if so have you seen what happens with the cart off? mine was shooting little streams of vapor and hot liquid at me every time it popped. Similar to hot grease when you cook. Probably not the safest thing but interesting none the less.. My drip tip seems to catch it however so im not worried about it. The popping worried me at first but finding this thread definately eases that feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread