I'm set.. Except for my ADV.. Depressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I'm getting kinda sad.

I'm all set with my gear. I have 4 Kanger T3s's that work flawlessly without fail and a Vision Spinner 1100mah.

I just can't seem to find my all day vape.

My current "favorites" are Monkey Cream by vaping Monkey and Blue Demon by Vapure(tastes similar to the blue Lo Carb monster energy drink).

I don't have any local B&M's around me except Vapure in Oceanside SoCal and their flavors are eh. I haven't tried all of them but I'm not gonna sit there and waste the employee's time..

Monkey Cream is amazing but I'd rather not develop Popcorn Lung and die getting a lung transplant(it contains diacetyl, an extremely harmful ingredient when inhaled, something the guy at the shop I drove 40 mins to get away from Vapure did NOT tell me). My health was the main reason I quit smoking analogs.

I have Monkey Buns and Monkey Beach arriving in the mail soon and I hope those are good.. Cause I'm broke. I heard great things about both so I ordered the small bottles..
I like fruity flavors, but not candy-like flavors. REAL fruit. (Apple, melon would be ideal). I also love sweet bakery/dessert flavors but not if they are "artificial" tasting. I have really picky tastebuds.. :(

I've spent tons of money on juice that i like in the store, then vape for a day or so and get tired of them.. What's wrong with me?!?

Can anyone recommend me some good fruity flavors? I think I will like monkey buns so I'm set on my desserts. I ideally would like one dessert ADV and one fruity/sweet ADV.

I'm also open to GOOD tobaccos. I've strayed away after vaping half a 15ml bottle of Pink Spot's USA blend and going from "it's okay" to gagging at the smell of it in the course of a few hours.. A smooth apple tobacco sounds nice to me.

I've taken a look at mtbaker vapor's site and they seem promising, but I don't know which flavor(s) to pull the trigger on.

Someone help me :(

Last edited:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Great sweets, fruits and tobaccos, both no-nonsense and dessert tobaccos Heather's Heavenly VAPES

Custom E-Liquids : Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

Only $13 for a 30ml! $22 for a 50ml! -- and any pg/Vg ratio you like.

I would recommend Blueberry Muffin, Heavenly Army, Shadow, Legend and Oompa.

Also, MADDCATT Vapors -- check out their weekly 30ml for $10 specials!

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
The concept of an ADV is not something that works for me...I switch 4-7 times a day and LOVE all my must have flavors. If you are looking for wonderful real tasting bakery vapes I can suggest my favorite vendor Alice in Vapeland...none taste chemical or artificial....they are only open tuesday evenings until they hit capacity...vapeland.org you can however order a limited number of flavors ready to ship and pre steeped from GiantVapes.com they wont have the fancy packaging but are still wonderful vapes and very quick

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I would suggest Ahlusion for the fruit and definitely the tobaccos. Before you think of ordering take a read on the thread for Ahlusion and read some of the reviews and comments by people who posted there.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/446286-ahlusion-e-juice-88.html

There are many places to buy juice. The key is to find something that is going to be right for you. It tends to be trial and error. I can recommend their fruit creams and their Caramel Pear Black Tea. These I use and reorder. I have not tried their tobaccos.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Don't buy tobacco flavors from Mt Baker, don't get me wrong, I love MBV but their tobacco flavors are not their strong suit. Right now I'm really loving their lemonade line, Freckled and America being my current favorites.

For tobacco, I haven't found anything I like more than Legend from Heather's.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I would recommend ordering one MBV to try before placing a large order there- it seems to have a love it or hate it taste. (To me every flavor has a kind of 'taste' chemicals? plastic? IDK - but I taste it very pronounced and just cannot even vape any of their flavors- of course I ordered 10 or more :( )

For a dessert I would say goodlifevapor Deadly Sin and all of their fruit is very tasty - melon boba and blue swag taste fresh- like real fruit (not jollyranchers- YUCK) and they have good prices.

Good luck!!!

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
Great sweets, fruits and tobaccos, both no-nonsense and dessert tobaccos Heather's Heavenly VAPES

I'll second this. It took me MONTHS to find something I could consider my ADV. I tried so many flavors and finally what did it for me was Shadow from HHVs Purity line. It's a NET. What I get from it most is a really enjoyable honey-cured tobacco, with the tiniest hint of spice. It's wholesome and downright amazing. Just the right combination of honey sweet and tobacco-ey complex. I love it and it's what I continue to vape the most.

I also suggest you check out Velvet Cloud Vapor. I'm dripping some Night Shift right now and it's sooo good. Like walking into a bakery while they're deep frying some old school style donuts. It's supposed to have coffee flavor as well but my bottle is still very new, and it doesn't come out more until it steeps. Still GREAT though. They have a lot of dessert/bakery flavors that are top-notch in all ways. Nutty Cookie is also VERY good.

If you get any of their beard flavors (White Beard, Blue Beard, Burley Beard, etc) these are their NET tobacco flavors. The Blue Beard I got a free sample off with my order is maddeningly good, but I don't use it often because I want to save it :D

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
I chased the ADV for a few months and gave up on that quest. I simply can't find a flavor I want to use all day without wanting to toss in others in between. Many have said the same thing, so you may not ever find THE ADV you seek. However, you may find flavors that you use daily in rotation.

For tobaccos, definitely try Ahlusion, specifically Smooth Criminal. Also look at GoodeJuice, Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco, Want2vape, The Plume Room, Quicknic - There's quite a list and you can read reviews on this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/274904-natural-tobaccos.html

For fruits, what flavor of fruits do you prefer? That may help you get more specific recommendations. There are several vendors that I read have great/authentic fruit flavors in general:

Ahlusion
Virgin Vapor
Vapor Chef
Goodlife Vapor
Suicide Bunny
Heather's Heavenly Vapes

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
+1 Ahlusion, VCV, and TVC.

The Wild Wood tobaccos from Ahlusion are very good. The fruit creams are all excellent. The Beards from VCV are top notch and Nightshift is a desert-type juice I can vape all day. Shmuffer Shmutter from TVC is another ADV.

I have been ordering Cooper Creek for a long time. Their fruit flavors are spot on. Natural tasting and not at all like candy. Try the Passionfruit. It is simply incredible!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I wouldn't stress out to find an ADV. That's highly over-rated IMHO. I switch between 3 - 4 flavors a day, and have several tanks loaded up with different flavors to choose from every day. Variety is the spice of life.

Fruit and coffee flavors have been my niche for over a year. My favorite vendor to supply Fruit flavors is Dripeez, which is their specialty. They carry a wide selection of fruit flavors which are all-natural, all-organic flavorings. Taste like real fruit. My favorite is the Golden Apple.

https://natural-eliquid.com/store/index.php

charmed412

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
constant state of confusion
I agree with Bad. Variety is the spice of life. With so many great flavors out there, why worry about it. I just celebrated my 3 year vaperversary and I don't have, want, or need an ADV. Do I have certain flavors that I won't do without? Yup, can't do without my Poof Juice or my lemon loves cake. But I enjoy at least 20 other flavors on a regular basis too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
coming from someone who HAS an ADV,,,,,,

it;s not all it's cracked up to be. sigh.

Your tastebuds decide, after vaping the same flavor all darned day, that they will no longer TASTE said ADV,,,,,

so then you are forced to switch flavors,,,,,,,

but it's very unsatisfactory because it's NOT your favorite ADV.

Seriously,,,,,,,,DON'T find an ADV! Be happy switching flavors!

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Excellent advice in here. An ADV /= the same brand of smokes you hit for decades. It's not that simple. I have about a half dozen ADV's but all that really means is that I can vape them every single day and always be happy but I never vape just one flavor all day.

I started off like many with desserts, coffees, and a few fruits and beverages. I personally found the fruits and beverages to be quite boring and one dimensional. I've narrowed it down to one coffee that I love every morning and just about 3 desserts that always hit the spot. The real homeruns came with tobacco'ish juices and not the MBV ones. Vendors already mentioned like Ahlusion, HHV, and one that I really love not mentioned yet (Vermillion River) deliver outstanding complex flavors that are simply satisfying at all times.

Many new vapors think tobaccos aren't for them but avoiding them is a huge mistake. The vast majority aren't dry and earthy (or ashy) at all. They are brilliant blends of smooth tobacco flavors mixed with all kinds of things. They are very complex and you can't put a finger on exactly why it tastes so good. THAT is what makes an all day vape. A strawberry is a strawberry and gummy bear is a gummy bear. I like flavors like that but nobody could possibly eat strawberries and gummi bears for breakfast lunch and dinner. They are too one dimensional (IMO).

I started mixing my own juice a couple months ago and I have hit some serious home runs with relatively complex flavors (in between lots of fails). My best DIY dessert is creamy cinnamon apple pie and best tobacco is a hangsen tab + ry4 variant. Very complex flavors (meaning they offer many different variations depending on delivery device, wattage, and even time of day because tastes change).

There are tons of excellent vendors out there that have taken time to craft a brilliant and complex flavor profile. IMO- a true adv that has long lasting rotation life is one that you just can't put a finger on what exactly you are tasting but one thing you know for sure is that it tastes really good.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Wow, I go to sleep and wake up to all these posts!

Thank you everyone for your help, I'm going to read through all of these one by one and just do a trial and error sort of thing.

I have Monkey buns and Monkey beach coming today, and I just ordered Strawberry, Banana's Gone Nuts, and Blue Moo from MBV (they are quite inexpensive lol) so we'll see how that goes.

Maybe I won't have an ADV, but I do need to find a few favorites in my rotation!

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Just my :2c:....but I gave up on "ADV" a few weeks ago.....staying on one flavor for an extended period can - and often DOES - lead to the dreaded "vaper's tongue" -- where NOTHING tastes good, until your palate/taste buds have a chance to "relax"....a "change-up"...
So, now.....it's Cuban Coffee in the morning, maybe some Clove WOW at midday....and Vanilla Sky Tobacco late day/evening....
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home

Custom E-Liquids : Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

Only $13 for a 30ml! $22 for a 50ml! -- and any pg/Vg ratio you like.

I would recommend Blueberry Muffin, Heavenly Army, Shadow, Legend and Oompa.

Also, MADDCATT Vapors -- check out their weekly 30ml for $10 specials!

I really like all of these 5, except Oompa... never tried it. Legend is one of my all-time favorites, and I just received some Legend and Blueberry Muffin. $22 for 50ml is not what I'd call "cheap" though.

Don't buy tobacco flavors from Mt Baker, don't get me wrong, I love MBV but their tobacco flavors are not their strong suit. Right now I'm really loving their lemonade line, Freckled and America being my current favorites.

For tobacco, I haven't found anything I like more than Legend from Heather's.

MBV is my go-to goo supplier, and their 555 is one of my all-time ADV's. I also like their Coumarin Pipe Tobacco and Virginia somethingorother tobacco. Not epic, but good.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I
I'm also open to GOOD tobaccos. I've strayed away after vaping half a 15ml bottle of Pink Spot's USA blend and going from "it's okay" to gagging at the smell of it in the course of a few hours.. A smooth apple tobacco sounds nice to me.

Someone help me :(

This guy is one of the best for tobacco flavors. Even I like them and that is saying something since I can no longer stand the smell of analogs....give a look, he is open for business.

Applewood

:)

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I like fruity flavors, but not candy-like flavors. REAL fruit. (Apple, melon would be ideal). I also love sweet bakery/dessert flavors but not if they are "artificial" tasting. I have really picky tastebuds.. :(

I haven't tried a lot of things yet, but one thing I reordered is Peach Thymbra and Coconut from Highbrow
Highbrow Vapor Peach Thymbra

Not too sweet and they make the peach Thymbra from real peaches "Crisp, clean, juicy and savory best describes our natural peach flavor. True peach flavor is often difficult to find in the E liquid world. Often times you get a juice that is too sweet or almost artificial in its aroma and flavor. Our philosophy is simply to use reduction from fresh peaches."
I recommend ordering with higher VG content and adding the option of extra flavor if you want.

I just got some Alice in Vapeland and am still exploring them and letting them steep, but so far they are great and not artificial tasting at all.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I really like all of these 5, except Oompa... never tried it. Legend is one of my all-time favorites, and I just received some Legend and Blueberry Muffin. $22 for 50ml is not what I'd call "cheap" though.

MBV is my go-to goo supplier, and their 555 is one of my all-time ADV's. I also like their Coumarin Pipe Tobacco and Virginia somethingorother tobacco. Not epic, but good.

Yeah, there's that whole subjective thing. I should have clarified that I haven't found a tobacco "flavor" that I like, from anywhere. I like NET liquids, they're the only tobacco I like. The non-NET tobacco "flavors" just don't do it for me. El Kamino from Good Life Vapor is good, but to me it tastes nothing like tobacco, it's more graham cracker/dessert flavor.

fancypants

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Louisiana
My suggestions honestly don't vary much I like a lot of different ones but use mostly the same vendors...YMMV...And use quite a few of the same. :)

Here's where I order from:

Fruit: (And fruit and cream)

Heather's Heavenly Vapes
Nicoticket
Ahlusion
Alice in Vapeland (I like extra flavor with mine)

Desserts:
Ahlsuion
AiV
Nicoticket (Custard's Last Stand and Creme Brûlée are to die for, even better mixed together!)

Tobacco:
Nicoticket (I didn't think I would even like tobacco and I got a bottle and feel in love, I use different liquids but I vape on that one a lot!)

I did order Heavenly Army, granted I did just get it but not sure I like it. So far, no, but I will let it hang out in the vape box and revisit it later. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread