I have arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know catchy title right? I have been vaping for 5 days now. After trying a few months back with a Halo G6 and not liking it after giving it a couple days I decided to start analogs again. Now I have started up again with some better equipment and more knowledge than before.

I am now using a Mini Protank 2 with 1.8ohm coils and ego C twist batt. I have been having some trouble with the change but I think more of it is due to quitting smoking than starting vaping. Thought I would share my own observations here and let the masses chime in.

First was the super tired feeling, felt dizzy etc. That's cleared up then was the intestinal stuff which currently I am experiencing wicked heartburn. No headaches as of yet and sometimes my chest is a little tight. Never hurts, never out of breathe, sometimes heart rate is elevated very slightly. On the whole I can really whip up the stairs in our home quickly without too much trouble at all. I never had a real serious time with them but sometimes I had to catch my breath.

I figure all of this is par for the course after 20 years of smoking. Glad to be non smoking though.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Welcome; I have a symptom when I get too much nicotine I see shimmering when I look at checkered colored patterns.
a 0 nic blend for a few days cures that; i been vaping a couple months now; since about july.
btw;

ego-cc03.jpg

this thing looks gorgeous to me

TXSundevil

Oct 9, 2013
Dallas, TX, USA
Welcome Orange! Been just over a month here for me, making the switch that is. Loving it, and at this point, not feeling any ill after effects from the Analogs, have already dropped nic way lower than where I started, I over did originally, not knowing exactly what to expect. Good luck to you, hope you are able to let them go for good this time! Equipment really can make a difference in the experience.

Nytelife

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
North Carolina, NC, USA
What milligram nicotine are you using? If you are using the twist and upping the voltage you will create more vapor. More vapor more nicotine. I switched to a mechanical mod recently and had to lower my nic level to 12 from 18. Dizzy, nausea, not uncoming when over nic'ng.

I am new as well so look forward to seeing you around.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Yeah, I know catchy title right? I have been Vaping for 5 days now. After trying a few months back with a Halo G6 and not liking it after giving it a couple days I decided to start analogs again. Now I have started up again with some better equipment and more knowledge than before.

I am now using a Mini Protank 2 with 1.8ohm coils and ego C twist batt. I have been having some trouble with the change but I think more of it is due to quitting smoking than starting vaping. Thought I would share my own observations here and let the masses chime in.

First was the super tired feeling, felt dizzy etc. That's cleared up then was the intestinal stuff which currently I am experiencing wicked heartburn. No headaches as of yet and sometimes my chest is a little tight. Never hurts, never out of breathe, sometimes heart rate is elevated very slightly. On the whole I can really whip up the stairs in our home quickly without too much trouble at all. I never had a real serious time with them but sometimes I had to catch my breath.

I figure all of this is par for the course after 20 years of smoking. Glad to be non smoking though.

Welcome to ECF "I" and I wish you all the best! :thumbs:

A lot of the physical symptoms you stated 'could' be attributed to quitting smoking, and 'some' may be due to over vaping. While vaping is hands down a 'safer' alternative to smoking, you may (or may not) experience some GERD-ish issues if you vape too heavily. Just take it easy and try to limit your vaping sessions. In time, you'll find what's comfortable for you. In time, you'll also get your smell back, your taste back, your voice back, your lung capacity back, energy back, and be able to thumb your nose up at those Analogs forever! :thumbs:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Welcome to ECF!! You're still going to go through some withdrawals due to all the other chemicals in cigarettes. The tightness in your chest could be from the juice you're using. Some people have allergies to PG and reducing the PG or eliminating it completely helps.

Ditto!!!! :thumbs:

computertech83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Bossier City, LA
I have experienced the same thing. I had ordered some juice from china, that was the issue for me. I would give me heartburn, chest tight, and it seems like your taking in air into your stomach. Started getting my juice from stateside vendors and the problem seems to have went away. Also like someone else mentioned, the nic. level could be too high for what your use too. I use the 18 mg usually, but I think 12 - 16 would be better for me. Anyway, welcome aboard, enjoy!

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Hello and welcome! I figured I could take this as an opportunity to share something I've figured out. This may only apply to a me but, I don't see why a pricey/fancy battery is important. I bought a cheap kit from a Chinese vendor. 2x 1100 maH batteries, 2x 2mL cartos, 2x tips and caps, 2x carto shells (protective covering for cartos) a 10mL of liquid and a usb charger with the wall mount adapter for $42.00. The cartos didn't work well. Low vapor production and bad flavor where making the experience less than acceptable. But, I went to a local shop and got a KangerTech Protank II and it works awesome. I think cheap batteries but a good tank work fine. Huge vapor, long batty life and low cost. Just a tip to try if you like. Of course the wand/battery isn't engraved or embossed but it's a nice rubber coated steel in a matte black. Works great unless you're looking for a hand held fog machine. But I'm blowing out hits that would turn Cheech and Chongs heads. Yeah - big enough vape for me.

I bought a cheaper 510 kit and even the battery wasn't enough. They were ok.

Right now I think my biggest problem is this juice I am trying out. I am going to dump it and try the other I was using. Flavorz by Joe, Ill Nilla. Burnt taste no matter the voltage and now that I have though about it some I didn't have the heartburn before trying it. I was using some Halo juice it is Belgian Cocoa. I really like that one but wanted to give something else a shot. I don't know what the PG/VG mix in the Flavorz by joe is but the Halo juice is 80/20. As far as the nic I am at 12mg. I also have some ECBlend juices but haven't tried those out in the new clearo. They are both 50/50 juices.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

Right now I think my biggest problem is this juice I am trying out. I am going to dump it and try the other I was using. Flavorz by Joe, Ill Nilla. Burnt taste no matter the voltage and now that I have though about it some I didn't have the heartburn before trying it. I was using some Halo juice it is Belgian Cocoa. I really like that one but wanted to give something else a shot. I don't know what the PG/VG mix in the Flavorz by joe is but the Halo juice is 80/20. As far as the nic I am at 12mg. I also have some ECBlend juices but haven't tried those out in the new clearo. They are both 50/50 juices.

Welcome OrangeAnimal ... let that juice steep and do not dump it ... save it for your emergency backup to your backup juice :vapor:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Hey there and welcome!

I didn't see it mentioned here so I'll say it....

DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vaping will dehydrate you.

You didn't say what nic level you're vaping- too high and it can make you nic sick.
Other than that.....enjoy the rest of your new life!!!!

EDIT Just saw you're at 12mg nic.
Didn't see that post before.

Last edited:

SteamBeard326

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Baltimore, Md
i had similar effects from quitting, but the worst was seeing all the tar i hacked up

That's the stage I'm in now. The tar or as I call it lung butter is a great reminder to me why I don't ever want to pick up another analog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

SteamBeard326

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Baltimore, Md

I had the same heartburn issue with the first batch of juice I tried. Switched to a new juice and it went away.

^^^^How long was it till you started hacking it up. I never had a smokers cough ever in the 20 years of smoking.

My nic is 12mg currently. I have been vaping about 1-2ml a day. Not very much at all but the plan is to do this for awhile and then possibly quit or atleast go to zero nic in the future.

I drink tons of water and the juices have all been steeped for awhile. I am going to have to find some more to get soon cause my current fave will run out soon.

SteamBeard326

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Baltimore, Md
^^^^How long was it till you started hacking it up. I never had a smokers cough ever in the 20 years of smoking.

My nic is 12mg currently. I have been vaping about 1-2ml a day. Not very much at all but the plan is to do this for awhile and then possibly quit or atleast go to zero nic in the future.

I drink tons of water and the juices have all been steeped for awhile. I am going to have to find some more to get soon cause my current fave will run out soon.

It didn't take long at all for the stuff to start coming up. I only quit 5 days ago. I smoked for 20 years as well and for the last 3 or so years I had a smokers cough.

I'm on 12mg nic but I'm vaping a lot. I may actually go to a 6mg to use at work , that's where most of my vaping happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread