I need compatibility knowledge please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Here's the skinny - my wife has been hesitant to put down cigarettes for vaping so I took it upon myself to find a device she'd think is pretty and give her some motivation. So, I have in transit this: Iridescence Battery | Triton Tank System | Halo Cigs
irrodescent-battery.png

For a tank I was thinking about this: Quantum Vapor Rainbow Heaven Splash Tank - Quartz DCT
3811-3.jpg

Now I'm wondering - will this all fit together? Can I use a Kangertech innards?

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
I dont know the styles my friend but;
Is there glycerin in cigarettes? (Yes there is. used to damp the tobacco)
Is there glicol in cigarettes? (I dont know but I know asthma inhalers have)
Is there nicotine in cigarettes? (Yes this is why we smoke(d))
there are 597 more in cigarettes against e-cigs without burning
Once you burned them 4000 materials 400 fatal 50 carcinogen.

So with my sincerest regards to your wife to choose one sound e-cig and quit the stinkies as soon as possible

Wmmeese

Dedicated Lurker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
St Louis
The description says DTC tank which means dual coil cartomizer tank. You can buy always buy XL cartomizers as they will fit the standard tank as well, just stich out the top 10 mm. I would not start out with low ohm coils as you or your wife may be sensitive to a burnt taste. Stick with something between 2 ond 2.5 ohms to start as the batterys do not appear to have a voltage adjustment.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Here's the skinny - my wife has been hesitant to put down cigarettes for vaping so I took it upon myself to find a device she'd think is pretty and give her some motivation. So, I have in transit this: Iridescence Battery | Triton Tank System | Halo Cigs
irrodescent-battery.png

For a tank I was thinking about this: Quantum Vapor Rainbow Heaven Splash Tank - Quartz DCT
3811-3.jpg

Now I'm wondering - will this all fit together? Can I use a Kangertech innards?

Maybe you should just get a couple of those disposable ones that look like regular cigs and leave them lying around.
Some girls also seem to like the blu; a black slimline ecig with a blue light instead of a red light.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I wouldn't start out with a cartomizer as it can be a little difficult to fill. I know they are pretty but I'd go with something like a mini Protank 2, one with a removable drip tip, then get a matching drip tip.

Also, you really need two of everything as she is going to want to vape while one battery is charging. You could also get one of those charms that hang off of a rubber ring to pizzazz it up more.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
The description says DTC tank which means dual coil cartomizer tank. You can buy always buy XL cartomizers as they will fit the standard tank as well, just stich out the top 10 mm. I would not start out with low ohm coils as you or your wife may be sensitive to a burnt taste. Stick with something between 2 ond 2.5 ohms to start as the batterys do not appear to have a voltage adjustment.

Awesome! Thanks for going through the trouble of investigating for me a bit. I tried, but the vernacular threw me off. I have the KangerTech Protank II for myself so I guess what I called it's "innards" would be the cartomizer? Simply put, I need a XL carto. I'll be Googling it shortly. Not familiar with "stitching out" but I can measure out 10 mm. :) I also follow you on the ohms part.

I found this. Should I go single coil 2.0 ohm or dual 1.5 ohm?

Last edited:

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Maybe you should just get a couple of those disposable ones that look like regular cigs and leave them lying around.
Some girls also seem to like the blu; a black slimline ecig with a blue light instead of a red light.

She tried Green Smoke but it didn't take. I'm not sure if this will work either but I figure it's worth a try. If she doesn't like it I'll steal it. :) Who cares if it's effeminate - those tanks are huge!

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I wouldn't start out with a cartomizer as it can be a little difficult to fill. I know they are pretty but I'd go with something like a mini Protank 2, one with a removable drip tip, then get a matching drip tip.

Also, you really need two of everything as she is going to want to vape while one battery is charging. You could also get one of those charms that hang off of a rubber ring to pizzazz it up more.

I got her two batteries and she's been watch me fill up my Protank II. Do these operate differently?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with Susan above. Cartotanks are a little more involved with a learning curve than a simple "fill & go" clearomizer. Once she sees what all is involved with setting up a cartotank she's is likely gonna say, "Not for me." Cartotank Setup Guide

There are some very colorful clearomizers that would be easier for her to learn and easier to use and would be compatible with the battery you chose for her.

SMOKaro.jpg Smoktech Aro clearomizers

Innokin iClear 30 clearomizers

Smoktech Pyrex Vivi Nova clearomizers

Vision Vivi Nova clearomizers

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
See Bad's post. I'm such a klutz when it comes to liquids so priming a cartomizer would be a messy process. I'd rather rebuild coils on Protank heads all day rather than prime a carto. But that's just me.

I got her two batteries and she's been watch me fill up my Protank II. Do these operate differently?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Damn Baditude! Thanks for the link and it's content! I hate being a newb. My Protank II is way easier to maintain than that! I guess it's more of an atomizer? Can an atomizer fit in the pretty tanks or does it have to be a carto/clearo?

Here's a picture dictionary of the more common juice attachments:

Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

An atomizer will NOT work in a cartotank. Only cartomizers will.

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
I have the KangerTech Protank II for myself so I guess what I called it's "innards" would be the cartomizer?

It would be the atomizer head that's in the protank. Not compatible. A cartomizer is a tube with an atomizer buried inside a bunch of filler material that you soak with liquid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread