What happens if?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinmj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
I'm stoked to see the sub-ohm kit in the works, woodvilles in production, etc... but I can't help but think about these FDA issues and the potential implications.

Am I going to have to drive to Maine to get a Reo? Am I going to lose the juice vendors I appreciate and be stuck with the local grog? Am I going to be stuck going back to cigarettes? vaping nic free VG? Would I even do that?

I showed a Reo to a local shop guy the other day, he was blown away... couldn't stop talking about it. I wonder what the vendor's plans are? Is everybody going to just go under or go local? I know there's little chance of seeing a Reo in a shop here on the west coast as they're all carefully crafted, so what if?

Curious what the contingency plans are, if any...

woodardjd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Midwest City, OK
They will never be able to stop a guy from building a vaporizer no worries on that end . They will tax your e juice its coming . There is to much money there they will never stop vaping . They just want there piece of the pie

I was about to say this very thing.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
They will never be able to stop a guy from building a vaporizer no worries on that end . They will tax your e juice its coming . There is to much money there they will never stop vaping . They just want there piece of the pie

I always thought the reo was an amazing piece of art. You can sell them as fancy flashlights with some assembly required :laugh:

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
I do have a bottle of 250ml of 100mg nic in the freezer, been there two years, got it during the last scare and haven't needed it in two years. I figure it's about a 1/2 year supply.

I've been on the same 250ml bottle for longer than that. I cut to 12-16mg/ml. Have a 500ml bottle coming for the freezer.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California

So our REO supply is safe?

Do you anticipate having to change the description of it to something else, or having to add taxes or simply nothing at all?

ETA: I thought I read somewhere that they may have a cut off date for units that can be sold which is prior to most units that are currently on the market. Have you heard this or have any thoughts on it?

Last edited:

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham

may take a while. If that is the case, "they" would have to consider to tax the Pharmaceutical companies making Nic patches and nic gum at a higher rate. I think we all agree though that it isn't to improve someone's health but to get a piece of the pie (money). :vapor:

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
What vaporizers? Rob sells fancy little flashlights (with really dim lights) with on-board water bottles.

They are fire starters for camping with, with a water bottle as a safety precaution. They really could be, a cotton ball or dryer lint with little Vaseline on it makes a great starter, just add glowing red coil to start it.

Going to have to get another Reo for the emergency bug-out kit.:blush:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
I'm stoked to see the sub-ohm kit in the works, woodvilles in production, etc... but I can't help but think about these FDA issues and the potential implications.

Am I going to have to drive to Maine to get a Reo? Am I going to lose the juice vendors I appreciate and be stuck with the local grog? Am I going to be stuck going back to cigarettes? Vaping nic free VG? Would I even do that?

I showed a Reo to a local shop guy the other day, he was blown away... couldn't stop talking about it. I wonder what the vendor's plans are? Is everybody going to just go under or go local? I know there's little chance of seeing a Reo in a shop here on the west coast as they're all carefully crafted, so what if?

Curious what the contingency plans are, if any...

If there's a vaping apocalypse, the powers that be will go after the juice over the equipment most likely. According to some folks I've spoken to who are more seasoned in the movement.

Keep yourself glued to a gentlemen here on ECF called Bill Godshall, not just because we were practically neighbors (heh heh) but because he's on the frontline helping us like CASAA is doing, to keep this thing of ours going, every year adding time to folks lives and giving some of us a second chance we can live with.

'Science should triumph over opinion,' says past president of the American Lung Association. Let's hope he's on our side now. But he used to be one of the bad guys for 4 years now he's trying to serve as a conduit between public health experts, regulators and the industry.

RHP

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I've been thinking about stocking up on nic juice. I imagine there will be a run on juice when these proposals come out if they try to pull anything.

That's what I figure. In fact I have been noticing where I get mine it is tough to find in stock. I think people are already buying in bulk.

Any bought now is free from the taxes. Just makes sense to me to put some back.

Shopan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Thebestcityintheworld,USA
Sure, there will be Changes Coming. As there should Be. Prices will go Up because juice makers will need to have proper facilities and there might be a Licensing fee to Handle Nicotine, but I do not think that more than that can happen. As long as we can still get Flavors and our vendors are not regulated to B&M's all will be fine...BUt days of "cheap" juice will be Gone...

And If you want to fight as Much as Possible Please Join http://www.casaa.org to do all we can to Protect our rights to save ourselves and the People around us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread