Newbie Needs Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I'm brand new to vaping, though I've smoked hookah and cigars pretty regularly for about five years or so. I am a musician, and a hobbyist invert keeper (spiders, praying mantises, etc.), so having toxic tobacco fumes floating around my home and lungs isn't really much of an option to me anymore. I've grown rather attached to my bugs and my lung capacity, so I come seeking information to help keep them and myself out of an early grave.

Being an intending-to-quit hookah smoker, I'm looking for something relatively low-maintenance that I can fill in the morning, and pick it up and vape whenever I want throughout the day. I'm also looking for big clouds of vape, which is part of what I love so much about hookahs. I've heard stories regarding cracking tanks, so I'd rather knock that out early and get a pyrex tank so I don't have to worry so much about what juices I pick. Another great thing about hookah is the sheer number of shisha flavors, and the juices replicate that beautifully.

After lurking for a while and gathering information, I think I'm going to try the Volcano Inferno, and order a pyrex tank from IBTanked to put on it. I'll likely be buying USA-made juices to avoid any of the issues some people seem to have with overseas juices. I wanted the opinion of some more experienced vapers before I make any leaps, though.

That said, I'm really excited to be here and can't wait to hear from you all.

-Tab

RandomFellow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Plymouth, MI, USA
You might want to look at the Innokin MVP v2 for your device. It has a huge battery that will last you all day and into the next. As for ease of use, I don't think you can go wrong with a tankomizer, and a Kanger Protank II would fit the bill. For big plumes of vapor, try and go heavy VG on your juice. I get Max VG from Mt. Baker Vapor, and it really puts out the plumes.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'd say go with the above suggestion of either the MVP mod or a variable voltage ego battery setup.

You'll get more for your money if you go with the MVP. It is a self-contained, long lasting, built-in rechargeable battery that will last 2 - 3 days on a charge, and can be vaped while it is charging. No replaceable rechargeable batteries or separate charger to buy. It has variable voltage. First version is $50. The newer version 2 is $70; has a built-in ohm meter and has variable wattage, which probably would not be a factor for you. It's a durably built device, and is still pocket-friendly for its size.

Innokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg MVP V2.jpg

An ego battery setup will work, too. You'll need two batteries, one to use while the other charges, and a charger. Batteries run around $25 each and the charger around $10. Battery life will depend upon the length and mah rating of the battery. 100 mah = 1 hour.
600 mah = 6 hours per charge. 1000 mah - 10 hours per charge.

vivinovamini-twist.jpg

Nice Starter Setup for a Beginner

Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

Something Safe for Cinnamon & Citrus Flavors

Cartotank Setup Guide

IBTanked Review

Last edited:
You might want to look at the Innokin MVP v2 for your device. It has a huge battery that will last you all day and into the next. As for ease of use, I don't think you can go wrong with a tankomizer, and a Kanger Protank II would fit the bill. For big plumes of vapor, try and go heavy VG on your juice. I get Max VG from Mt. Baker Vapor, and it really puts out the plumes.

Battery life was part of the reason I selected the Volcano Inferno. I've read that it lasts all day for most people and, if it doesn't, I'm never far from a place to charge it. Those big box batteries don't really appeal to me, mostly for aesthetic reasons. The Inferno is an eGo system, and uses an eGo battery, from what I understand.

If I'm interpreting this correctly, getting the Inferno or a variable-voltage eGo battery with a Kanger Protank II and VG-based juice will, for the most part, be exactly what I'm looking for. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Wmmeese

Dedicated Lurker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
St Louis
The base Ego batteries are small, about 650 mah (2-4 hrs). To get a longer lasting battery, you will have to increase the size. Depending on how heavy you vape, you may get by with 1000 mah, but 1300 should do for most. You will need 2 batteries as they have a habit of dying when you most need them. Recharge time can take a couple of hours or more. If you decide to go with vv, that will also increase the battery length as you need room for the extra circuitry. If you decide on vv then I would recomment a 1300 Spinner or Winder. The get a Protank II or carto tank. The Protank comes in 2 sizes, with the mini matching the size if an Ego battery better. If your really into looks, the Protank II mini on a camelion Itaste vv/vw 3.0 is killer.

(I see you ignored my previous post... clever chap)

Like I said, "Inferno" in the UK is not popular....mostly due to the outrageous price of the kit.

Maybe it's better value elsewhere :)

It was less ignoring you and more not wanting to expose myself for the ignorant pleb I am. :blush: I had a feeling that it was due to the price, though, and after having seen some of the other suggestions offered to me in this thread, I'm in agreement. I ended up dropping the Inferno entirely and went with a 1300 mAh Spinner and a Protank II.

If your really into looks, the Protank II mini on a camelion Itaste vv/vw 3.0 is killer.

I would have gone for the Itaste had I been able to find a 1300mAh version. Perhaps for the future.

Thanks a million to everyone for their suggestions and kindness. I'll make sure to post back in this thread once I receive the parts and let everyone know how it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread