Status
Not open for further replies.

Lois2013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I recently placed juice orders with two very well-known, very reputable vendors that come highly recommended on this forum. It was my first time ordering from both sites.

Unfortunately for me, both orders were incorrect. I'm sure everyone can relate to how deflating that can be, given how anxious and impatient we are to get our vapemail!!

The first order was a large sampler pack. Almost half of the bottles were missing from the order. I sent an email to the company, and very nicely and without jumping to conclusions, asked if it was a fluke mistake or maybe there was a second package coming? The website said my order was filled and delivered, so I kind of already knew it was a mistake, but I was just being overly gracious, as my mother always taught me "you catch more bees with honey" :) Anyway, they responded promptly (within 24 hours), seemed genuinely attentive to the mistake, and assured me they were shipping the rest of the juice out to me asap - no questions asked. We even wrote back and forth a few more times, and just overall it was a very pleasant experience - leaving me feeling like a very valued customer, with no lingering dissatisfaction with their company. I will most definitely be ordering from them again.

The other order was a slightly different experience. This other vendor I ordered from, is known to include a free bottle of juice with every order over a certain dollar amount, and advertises this on their website. But my order came without a free sample. Now typically I wouldn't have said anything - I'm not the type to speak up if I'm unhappy with a purchase, or send back a meal at a restaurant, etc. And especially since it was a free sample, not something I paid for, that was missing. But I was just disappointed, it was part of the reason I ordered in the first place, and I specifically ordered more than I was originally going to, just to hit the free sample minimum purchase. And it is a significant sized sample...not like a 3ml or anything. So, like I did with the other vendor, I sent a very polite email asking if I misunderstood the policy, or if it was a mistake or whatever. They did email back very quickly (within 30 minutes!!), but their response was, "Sorry we forgot your free sample. Just mention that you didn't get it in the comments section of your next order, and we'll send you an extra one."

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or ranting or anything. I'm just a little put off by this. It would cost them next to nothing to stick one bottle of juice in the mail, just standard first class. And you'd think for such a small cost to them, that they'd definitely take advantage of an opportunity to not only make it right, but to show that they go the extra mile if they make a mistake. I know it's really not a big deal, and it's a very minor mistake, but I had to get it off my chest because it just bugged me. I think it's presumptuous of them to assume I'm going to place another order with their company (just in general, let alone after they screwed up). With so many juice vendors online to choose from, the key to success and building a repeat customer base is great service, isn't it? (Obviously the quality of the juice is the most important, but lots of companies have great juice, so service is really all that sets you apart).

Anyway...thoughts on this? Should I be bothered, or am I making nothing into something? I'm interested in hearing how everyone would feel about this.

Sorry this is the longest post ever!!!!

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I recognize the second vendor you stated and I have to say they have great customer service I have been ordering from them for a year and only had one problem where the juice didn't taste right and they sent me another bottle right away. They do have a problem forgetting that sample but you can request which flavor you want the sample to be. That way it wont get forgotten.

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
They are true to their word.
This happened to me and when I reordered they went way overboard in making things right.
If you find some juices you like, just reorder and mention your issue and be amazed at their efforts to make you happy.
I assume you are speaking of Mt. Baker Vapor.
I don't order from them anymore but their CS is OVER THE TOP.
Give them a chance.
pat

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Free samples are always a gray area, IMO. And they said they would ship it with your next order. I wouldn't sweat it.

Vendors have to protect themselves too--there are people who try to take advantage of them, unfortunately. I'm not suggesting you're doing that, please understand that, but really anyone can say that this or that wasn't included in the package... It's a tough one.

yellowsnow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
New Mexico
I also know the vendor your speaking about and they will make it right. But is this just a way to possibly get you to make another order? I would think this seems to be a selling point to buy from them and they make a big deal of the free bottle of juice so how in the heck could they just forget it. Anyway they did the same to me and have read this happening to others. It just seems there is more to it than just forgetting to add it in the order. Just my $.02. My rant is complete.

I recently placed juice orders with two very well-known, very reputable vendors that come highly recommended on this forum. It was my first time ordering from both sites.

Unfortunately for me, both orders were incorrect. I'm sure everyone can relate to how deflating that can be, given how anxious and impatient we are to get our vapemail!!

The first order was a large sampler pack. Almost half of the bottles were missing from the order. I sent an email to the company, and very nicely and without jumping to conclusions, asked if it was a fluke mistake or maybe there was a second package coming? The website said my order was filled and delivered, so I kind of already knew it was a mistake, but I was just being overly gracious, as my mother always taught me "you catch more bees with honey" :) Anyway, they responded promptly (within 24 hours), seemed genuinely attentive to the mistake, and assured me they were shipping the rest of the juice out to me asap - no questions asked. We even wrote back and forth a few more times, and just overall it was a very pleasant experience - leaving me feeling like a very valued customer, with no lingering dissatisfaction with their company. I will most definitely be ordering from them again.

The other order was a slightly different experience. This other vendor I ordered from, is known to include a free bottle of juice with every order over a certain dollar amount, and advertises this on their website. But my order came without a free sample. Now typically I wouldn't have said anything - I'm not the type to speak up if I'm unhappy with a purchase, or send back a meal at a restaurant, etc. And especially since it was a free sample, not something I paid for, that was missing. But I was just disappointed, it was part of the reason I ordered in the first place, and I specifically ordered more than I was originally going to, just to hit the free sample minimum purchase. And it is a significant sized sample...not like a 3ml or anything. So, like I did with the other vendor, I sent a very polite email asking if I misunderstood the policy, or if it was a mistake or whatever. They did email back very quickly (within 30 minutes!!), but their response was, "Sorry we forgot your free sample. Just mention that you didn't get it in the comments section of your next order, and we'll send you an extra one."

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not mad or ranting or anything. I'm just a little put off by this. It would cost them next to nothing to stick one bottle of juice in the mail, just standard first class. And you'd think for such a small cost to them, that they'd definitely take advantage of an opportunity to not only make it right, but to show that they go the extra mile if they make a mistake. I know it's really not a big deal, and it's a very minor mistake, but I had to get it off my chest because it just bugged me. I think it's presumptuous of them to assume I'm going to place another order with their company (just in general, let alone after they screwed up). With so many juice vendors online to choose from, the key to success and building a repeat customer base is great service, isn't it? (Obviously the quality of the juice is the most important, but lots of companies have great juice, so service is really all that sets you apart).

Anyway...thoughts on this? Should I be bothered, or am I making nothing into something? I'm interested in hearing how everyone would feel about this.

Sorry this is the longest post ever!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I agree they should have sent the freebie like they promised. I understand that sometimes people do try to take advantage of them, but if their records reflect that you've never complained before, then they should do it. I used to buy a lot from a well known vendor in here. They made a lot of money from me. The last time I ordered 10 replaceable heads for the Vivi Novas at 2.8 ohms. I ended up getting 10 heads at 3.2 ohms,I ink that was the ohms. Anyhow I tried one of them and it was horrible. I emailed them and asked if I should return them. I never heard back from them. I emailed them again and never heard from them. I still have 9 heads an I've never ordered from them again. They lost a lot of money from a customer on that deal. Maybe I will rebuild them some day.

Lois2013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
But is this just a way to possibly get you to make another order? I would think this seems to be a selling point to buy from them and they make a big deal of the free bottle of juice so how in the heck could they just forget it. Anyway they did the same to me and have read this happening to others. It just seems there is more to it than just forgetting to add it in the order. Just my $.02. My rant

I actually thought about that, but didn't want to say it. I wondered if this has happened to others and I agree it seems shady that it was "forgotten," when an entire page of the website is dedicated to it.

If this is the case, props to them for creative upselling I guess

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
I also know the vendor your speaking about and they will make it right. But is this just a way to possibly get you to make another order? I would think this seems to be a selling point to buy from them and they make a big deal of the free bottle of juice so how in the heck could they just forget it. Anyway they did the same to me and have read this happening to others. It just seems there is more to it than just forgetting to add it in the order. Just my $.02. My rant is complete.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Hmmmmmmm, something to think about. I bought into it; hook, line and sinker.
very interesting.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I also know the vendor your speaking about and they will make it right. But is this just a way to possibly get you to make another order?

That was my first thought too and regardless of whether or not I was going to order again, I'd ask for them to send it separately. Intentionally or not, I don't want to feel some type of obligation to place another order. That happend to me with my first FT order. One of my juices leaked all over (about 1/2 the bottles worth), and they said they'd send another bottle with my next order. I said no, you'll send another bottle now.

DustyZ

Suspended
Jul 5, 2013
Ocala, FL, USA
I like a few others use the second vendor you are referring too, the fact is that sometimes this may happen, I have had it happen and they made it right on my next purchase. It's something that they do on their own and I know of no other vendor that gives a free sample of that size regardless of the amount of purchase. They have only forgotten once but made it up on next purchase. As has been stated there is the comment section to put in what you would like as the free sample. I understand that it may be disappointing and that you may have very well just purchased from them for the reasons that they do provide a free sample, however I have to say that this in itself is not a good reason to purchase something from any vendor, the purchase from any new vendor that you have never ordered from before should be based for testing purposes, not merely to obtain a freebee, that can lead to a waste of time and money but also can lead to frustration as well. You may think that it is presumptuous of them to assume you may be ordering again, but once again, I know of no other vendor that offers the customer service, speed of shipping and the customization of the juices as well as the shear diversity of flavors that are offered and at the price they are offered.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Just me, but I feel it is over reacting. Yes they offer a free sample and it is understandable to expect it if advertized.

In small business every dollar does count and they are already reducing profits with every free sample. Adding in an additional Shipping charge cost them even more.
We think its just a little juice. -- E-liquid/bottle/label/labor/packaging materials/shipping
The vender is hoping you will like at least one of your flavors and reorder. Seems they have no issue adding the sample to even a basic order - combining their shipping.

Free but not received simple means I didn't get what I didn't pay for. Beats the heck out of not getting what I did pay for.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Complaining about not receiving something you didn't actually pay for is kind of hard. You could open a complaint with your credit card company, but since you would be filing a claim for an item you paid nothing for I don't see that going anywhere.

"That place" made a mistake by not including the Free Bonus Gift. Did you get what you did pay for? Are you happy with that stuff? If you are happy, chances are you will order again so... what's the problem? And if you don't like what you bought why would you want even more of it anyway? :blink:

If anything "that place" has given me more free stuff that I never asked for, beyond the promised free sample, than any other vendor I have ordered from. (And no - I have never had a problem with a qualifying order missing the free sample.) I have no issues with their customer service in general. Lighten up people - free stuff, or lack thereof - is no marketing genius ploy to keep you coming back for some sort of sadistic abuse. You didn't pay for it - try not to take is so seriously.

To the person who didn't get a response: Every invoice has a cover sheet with an "support@" e-mail address and the owners own e-mail address. Were either of those the EMA you used to contact them? And that same page has their toll free number as well.

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
I like a few others use the second vendor you are referring too, the fact is that sometimes this may happen, I have had it happen and they made it right on my next purchase. It's something that they do on their own and I know of no other vendor that gives a free sample of that size regardless of the amount of purchase. They have only forgotten once but made it up on next purchase. As has been stated there is the comment section to put in what you would like as the free sample. I understand that it may be disappointing and that you may have very well just purchased from them for the reasons that they do provide a free sample, however I have to say that this in itself is not a good reason to purchase something from any vendor, the purchase from any new vendor that you have never ordered from before should be based for testing purposes, not merely to obtain a freebee, that can lead to a waste of time and money but also can lead to frustration as well. You may think that it is presumptuous of them to assume you may be ordering again, but once again, I know of no other vendor that offers the customer service, speed of shipping and the customization of the juices as well as the shear diversity of flavors that are offered and at the price they are offered.

You are such a great and loyal guy, Dusty.
I believe that MBV (or someone) should hire you as a PR guy.
I really respect your loyalty and faithful attention to detail.
I read that you show up to support CASAA locally. Kudos and a hat tip.
Best regards,
Pat

DustyZ

Suspended
Jul 5, 2013
Ocala, FL, USA
You are such a great and loyal guy, Dusty.
I believe that MBV (or someone) should hire you as a PR guy.
I really respect your loyalty and faithful attention to detail.
I read that you show up to support CASAA locally. Kudos and a hat tip.
Best regards,
Pat

Yes, I most certainly do support CASAA and try to do what I can as it is simply a matter of fact that if is wasn't for vaping I would still be smoking the nasties and the fact that the arguments, misleading statements and shear lack of logic are ones that just get my goat and it's very tiresome to watch our rights being taken away at every turn. I do stand by some principles and am loyal when it's warranted. As far as being a "PR guy" that's really not my intent nor my usual profession. I just believe that things are what they are and need to be viewed in the light that they are in fact presented in and treated in that manner. I just know from what my experiences have been and what as others have stated should be expected and what really is a bonus not a right!

DustyZ

Suspended
Jul 5, 2013
Ocala, FL, USA
Complaining about not receiving something you didn't actually pay for is kind of hard. You could open a complaint with your credit card company, but since you would be filing a claim for an item you paid nothing for I don't see that going anywhere.

"That place" made a mistake by not including the Free Bonus Gift. Did you get what you did pay for? Are you happy with that stuff? If you are happy, chances are you will order again so... what's the problem? And if you don't like what you bought why would you want even more of it anyway? :blink:

If anything "that place" has given me more free stuff that I never asked for, beyond the promised free sample, than any other vendor I have ordered from. (And no - I have never had a problem with a qualifying order missing the free sample.) I have no issues with their customer service in general. Lighten up people - free stuff, or lack thereof - is no marketing genius ploy to keep you coming back for some sort of sadistic abuse. You didn't pay for it - try not to take is so seriously.

To the person who didn't get a response: Every invoice has a cover sheet with an "support@" e-mail address and the owners own e-mail address. Were either of those the EMA you used to contact them? And that same page has their toll free number as well.

Very well stated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread