Battle of protank 1, 2, mini protank 2 and smoktech dct pyrex

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwdkiller253

Oct 18, 2013
seattle
Heres my review after 2 months of use, the protank 2 didn't give me much draw but worked very well besides the unremovable drip tip. The protank 2 leaked a few time and kept shortening the wick where the battery keeps flashing so in that case I have to replace the wick. Mini protank 2 has a short draw and the burnt taste keep coming back and make my throat very dry also liquid burns very fast on it, I'll give it 3 out of 5. Well I gotta save the best for last the smoktech dct at 7 dollars each with a bottom cartomizer this brings out flavor and no burn taste also my throat feels good., the bad is that the bottom tank can come off and spill juice if not careful I think they need a minor overhaul.before u critize my opinion I am using a vision spinner at 3.3v at all times so that shouldn't be a factor but overall I went back to the smoktech tank.pleae let me know what u think and any tips on how to tune tbe tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382590422218.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382590422218.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 54

fwdkiller253

Oct 18, 2013
seattle
I have Protank II and Mini Protank II with 1.8ohm coils, on Regular Joyetech 1000mah batteries. Been vaping both with no problems for 2 weeks now. Good taste, lots of vapor, decent TH. Hope they keep going.

I think that my problem im running the 2.5ohm coils maybe I'll try a lower ohm one maybe it'll fix the problems but for now im vapeing on my smoktech.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SexyPickle

Feb 23, 2013
United States
I have many many many "vivi nova like tanks" & several BCC tanks including Protanks. I am & was SO fed up with leaking, dry hits, burnt taste, & the endless problems & changing of coils I almost gave up on it all after 1 1/2 yrs until... I tried a carto. I knew nothing about them but I ordered 2 Smoktech pyrex DCT tanks a month ago ($6.96 each) & I LOVE them!! I have yet to change the carto that it came with (which only cost $1.90 each to replace)& I know I would have used at least 5-6 coils by now. The ends of the DCT tank do NOT come off so there is no o-rings, leaking, cross- threading, or cracking to deal with & the liquids from Mt Baker Vapor I have used all taste wonderful! When I got them in the mail I got on YouTube & watched videos to learn how to use & fill them. I wish I would have started with this tank, it would have saved me hundreds & hundreds of $$. Hope this helps

Slick56

Oct 24, 2013
NJ
Hi new to the forum howerver I been vaping for about 2 years now.
My setup the Vamo V2 and I find myself always going back to my Protank 1 2.2ohm coils. I would go with 1.8ohm coils however they always read at 2.0 or 2.1 ohm. I reently tried the Smoktech 510 dual coil carto tank and believe it is too long of a draw, tight and long. It does come with 3.0 Ohm carto. i ordered the 1.5Ohm cartos lets see if that make a difference in the draw. I am sure it will. As for the Protanks, I bought a Protank 2 and find for some reason I like the 1 better. My problem is the coils do not last long. I like the way they work when they are new so I go through 1 every 10-14 days. Then I tried the Smok RBC clearo 1.8 Ohms. Wow! talk about a quick draw and massive vapor. Anyone else like the Smok RBC clearo?

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
There is 1 main issues that is directly related to all the problems, and so far only one marketed item has been made to deal with it, when it needs a second one to complete the full regulation of air flow on almost all atomizers, to deal with flooding, burning and the draw being to easy or hard.

Right now I'm working on some fixes and devices, and so far with lots of success... Right now I can adjust the draw on all my tanks to the point it's almost impossible to get airflow (Super tight draw) and have zero flooding or burning issues. But before I make a thread on these fixes I need to work out the best materials to use for them.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
If you are a clearo user, I would highly recommend an airflow controller like this one from madvapes.

It allows you to fine tune most clearos with just a small adjustment and for just $3, it might turn that $20 tank you have sat on a shelf into your favorite device.

As an aside, I used CE5s and Vivi novas when I first started. Almost every clearo I have used takes a little fiddling to get a satisfying vape.

Hillargh

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Temple, GA
www.mythirtyone.com
How odd. I'm using a protank mini 2 (v.1 and v.2, prefer the v.1) with a spinner and a twist, on 2.5 coils and haven't ever had a burnt issue that wasn't due to too high of a setting. I regularly keep my batteries around 3.8 for my juices. Totally retired my crap CE5 and my EVODs for them, even. I haven't found that they use juice more quickly, but I did tend to vape more (and thus use more) before I got used to how different they were.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread