My 1st post - Question on my next upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaiad24

Oct 24, 2013
Leeds
Hi there

I bought a green smoke kit and a load of carts a couple of months ago and it has been great, Ive not had a proper cig since

I know that cig-a-like's aren't popular on here but im happy that they have got me off real cigs, now however, im wanting to try the better options

I hear that the next level up are the EVOD type, then a bit better would be the VV/VW types (like the itaste 3.0) and then there are the top level ones like provari.

There are so many out there that i don't want to buy one then keep on getting a different one every couple of months, Im thinking about the itaste 3.0 at the moment although the battery is 800mah (not the greatest)

also as im new to eliquid i need to know a good online UK site that sell 0.6% nic levels as well as stronger, and are a good quality

price for the kit and eliquid isn't really too much of an issue, although Id like to have change from £100

Id like a bit of advise/recommendations

cheers in advance :)

Adam

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi there

I bought a green smoke kit and a load of carts a couple of months ago and it has been great, Ive not had a proper cig since

I know that cig-a-like's aren't popular on here but im happy that they have got me off real cigs, now however, im wanting to try the better options

I hear that the next level up are the EVOD type, then a bit better would be the VV/VW types (like the itaste 3.0) and then there are the top level ones like provari.

There are so many out there that i don't want to buy one then keep on getting a different one every couple of months, Im thinking about the itaste 3.0 at the moment although the battery is 800mah (not the greatest)

also as im new to eliquid i need to know a good online UK site that sell 0.6% nic levels as well as stronger, and are a good quality

price for the kit and eliquid isn't really too much of an issue, although Id like to have change from £100

Adam

Hi Adam and welcome to the forum!

Congratulations for being tobacco-free! :toast:

I too started with Green Smoke, but that only lasted about 4 days once I started looking up flavors on the internet. I must give them credit though, it was the first e-cig I tried and I've never had another.

The next step up, tends to be a variable power, like a Joyetech Twist, Vision Spinner or an iTaste - something along those lines, or low/midrange Chinese mod. There nothing wrong with the EVOD set-up, but it's a one voltage battery and you'll tire of it soon, with all of the other fun toys available.

We can give you suggestions about products, but for UK deals you'll probably want to ask in the UK sub-forum. Once you have 5 posts here, you can post there.

Last edited:

thaiad24

Oct 24, 2013
Leeds
Hi Ocelot

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for info, im wanting to spend between £50 - £100 ($75 - $150)

Its a bit of a mine field looking at all the options so forums like this are great,

I dont mind spending the top end of my budget for a good quality bit of kit but the Provari sort are a bit too steep, something in the middle range of EVOD and Provari

cheers

slenderman

Oct 24, 2013
West Mids
Hi thaiad, before you go blowing alot of cash on something like a provari maybe a simple vw/vw device would be more advisable.
My first was a lavatube but you could try the ego twist or any of the above.
However, vamos have dropped in price now and it's a god a device as any so I recommend that.
Juice wise is a mine field. My advice is find 1 you like and stick with it or maybe mix your own you can tweek it to your own taste then.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
im wanting to spend between £50 - £100 ($75 - $150)... something in the middle range of EVOD and Provari
iTaste MVP2 (box mod) or Sigelei Zmax v3 (tube mod), perhaps? Both VV & VW.

With the Zmax you'd also need to get some excellent batteries (I'd recommend AW IMRs) and a good charger (such as the Nitecore). Never skimp on the batteries & charger.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Hi there

Adam

You've pretty well got it covered, so your research has been spot on. I would have suggested the VV V3 if you are ready for that level of technology, and 800 mAh could be as much as four times more battery life than you are getting out of the cigalike, and you still maintain a fairly small form factory with some very nice features indeed. Some people have suggested that the iTaste 800 mAh lasts them as long as a supposedly higher mAh spinner. Sometimes the figures quoted by manufacturers of clone type batteries are a little overstated, plus the iTaste seems to be quite well designed.

Evods are a very good entry into the BCC (bottom coil clearomiser) technology and are very easy to use. If it's a proper Kanger product it will come with a card with recommendation on what voltage to set for what resistance coil, and I suggest you stick with those recommendations while you get to know the device better.

You can indeed do the same thing with a spinner or twist battery. The actual decision may come down to cost and which product you like the look of.

The iTaste VV V3 does have extra features which are more what you find on a larger mod: Battery charge indication (rudimentary) Ohmmeter, variable voltage (you set the volts you want to vape at) and VW (same thing but you are setting watts, or power).

Even if you did get some larger devices later, these smaller units are still useful when driving, at work etc, and as backups if something goes wrong with your other devices. Once you experience the vape you can get with some of this gear it's unlikely you will want to go back to the green smokes, but keep them for a while as backups anyway.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I recommend starting right out with the Innokin iTaste MVP. It is easily within your price range and allows you to spend money on juice attachments and e-liquid and stay within your budget. Since it has it's own built-in rechargeable battery, you won't have the additional expense of buying batteries and a charger.

Search - mvp

The powerful battery will last 2 - 3 days on a charge, and the MVP can be used for vaping while you are charging it. It will accept a variety of juice attachments. It has variable voltage; the version two has a built-in ohm meter and variable wattage added. This is an extemely popular mod that beginners as well as advanced vapors love. It is built to be durable, and is pocket-friendly, so it can be used both at home and when you are out-and-about.

The MVP starter kits typically come with one or two iClear clearomizers. I prefer the iClear30 and the Kanger Protank on the MVP.

Innokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg MVP V2.jpg MVP_in_hand.jpg

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder to Ego's & Mods

Guide to Juice Attachments

A Good Starter Setup for a Beginning Vapor

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
That's a really good range to start with on a variable voltage device.

You could get a really good quality MVP 2.0 kit for around $60. A lot of us think it is one of the best PV's available, and it is a really cheap PV..well priced would be better to apply to it.. VV/VW, ohmmeter, puff counter, passthrough/bypass use capability during charge on a 2600 mAh battery..which lasts ~2-3 days.

I've been using a vape-pro from totally wicked for about 3-4 months now. I've been really impressed by it. The threads are a really good alloy, and the only thing that has been a problem is a little finish rubbing off towards the top. It is a little lighter, thinner, and shorter than the smoktek zmax, but they offer the same functions. VV&VW, ohmmeter, bright blue LED you can turn on or off when fire button is pressed, and RMS or direct Voltage use. The vape-pro is backed up by totally wicked from the UK and offers a warranty, unlike smoktek.

If that is the range you want to spend on the PV alone, the other recommendation I'd have is the Provari. It is by far one of the most durable mods built, and you have a really good warranty backing it..even if you have it after the warranty, it is really cheap and quick to get fixed, with whatever problem.

If you want to use that budget for everything, I'd recommend the MVP 2.0. You can spend a lot extra on delivery devices and so forth. You can play around with different tanks to figure out what you would like best. The kit commonly comes with 2-iclear 16 or 1-iclear 30, so you can play around with other delivery methods. There's the bottom coil tanks, like the kanger protanks and evods, and what I've found to work best for me, cartomizer tanks. I wouldn't worry about RBAs/ReBuildable Atomizers just yet. You're going to get such better quality vapor production. I'm sure you're going to be satisfied with anyone of those methods...for now at least:)..

Keep an eye out for the aurora bft...whenever it gets back in stock. It's a really cheap way to experiment with bottom feeding, so you don't have to get a bottom feeder mod like the reo or vmod to just do that. The MVP is one of the few good PV's that has ego and 510 threading. The other PV's with only 510 threading will require a 510-ego adapter to function.

Vision Aurora BFT NEW : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Welcome! and whatever you pick, you'll be happy with..

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi there

Adam

Hi Adam. In all honesty, the current deals at myepack take some beating.

Starter Kits

You could buy anything off there (not including the mini 808 kit i.m.o.) and be confident of getting something good.

If I was looking for a "mod" at the moment, I might even go for the MVP kit myself.

I have the evod batteries, a few mini protanks, a big protank - they are all great. I also have a brand new "Spinner" battery, which you'd need to get elsewhere.

As for liquid, try Joose Juice samplers. 10ml for £1.49. You have to let them steep, but they are great value.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi and welcome to ECF. I agree with madqatter....either the iTaste MVP2 or the Sigelei Zmax v3. Both are VV/ VW (variable voltage/ variable wattage) and score very high marks in regards to quality.
Compliments of Chrissie here's a list of reputable UK Vendors with discount codes. Note also at top of page a link to a map of B&Ms:
http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboar...quid-vendors-discount-codes?page=1&scrollTo=2
Best of Luck.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Cheers folks for all the advise, I've ordered an itaste vv vw v3.0 that should arrive Monday, I got a good deal and the reviews look quite positive

Quick question, will I need a 510 to ego adapter for a pro tank 2 mini? If so will they all fit together seamlessly or will I need a cylinder cap thing? (Sorry I don't know the name)

Cheers

You should not need an adapter, the VV V3 has ego threads on it already.

VV_V3.png

You'd only need to use an ego adapter if the ego threads are not deep enough for some reason. I haven't heard of any issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread