Wanting to upgrade my device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dac311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
So I've been using 808 threaded egos for a while now (smokeless image spinners) and I'm wanting to some what upgrade. I want something of the smaller form factor and I would like to keep something with ego threading. As of now I'm considering going with either the itaste v3 or zmax mini. I know the zmax doesn't have the ego threading. But I would like to get something with variable wattage. Anyone have an advice or other suggestions?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The VV3 is a good choice for what you've outlined. 510 and Ego, VV and VW, smallish form factor.

I have one, alongside various other devices, and it's a nice little battery. Works well, handles most anything in the 510/ego threads. Can be used in pass-thru mode. (If you have a large stock of 808 toppers, you can get a 510 to 808 adapter and keep using them.)

Can't think of anything else that's small and VW...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Picked up an SVD a couple weeks ago, and really like it. But I don't think it fits the "smaller form factor" requested, even in 18350 mode. Maybe :)

And I agree, Topwater, the 800 mAh rating on the VV3 might be an issue, while for me it's a great backup to my SVD when out and about. As an "only" device, each individual needs to decide if it's sufficient capacity. Or get two, since you really do need a backup or more anyway! Get them in different colors, so it's easy to remember which is fully charged.

And as you say, the adjustment range is probably fine for many.

Dac311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
I typically put my spinners around 4v, and adjust up slightly as my coils gunk up. I don't vape at very high wattage at all. I would also pick up 2 of them, the spinners I use are 650 mah so I've always got a back up on me. My issue is if I'm going to spend 80 bones of 2 itastes, maybe I should just move up to the zmax mini. I've already got the 18350's.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
I typically put my spinners around 4v, and adjust up slightly as my coils gunk up. I don't vape at very high wattage at all. I would also pick up 2 of them, the spinners I use are 650 mah so I've always got a back up on me. My issue is if I'm going to spend 80 bones of 2 itastes, maybe I should just move up to the zmax mini. I've already got the 18350's.

If you don't mind waiting a few weeks and a white battery, you can get 2 for 50 bones.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004594/1363600-itaste-vv-v3-0-variable-voltage-wattage-800mah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread