Hi from UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukdawn

Oct 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Hiya all. I've recently taken up running to try and lose weight, but was finding it difficult to breathe due to my smoking habits. Something had to give and as smoking clearly wasn't keeping me thin, they were given the road earlier this week. Happy to report, the running is going a bit better already, but finding myself a bit grumpy without the smokes.

I stumbled across this forum today whilst researching e-cigs. So far I've figured out I'd probably like an innokin iTaste (unless you can suggest something even better?) and this forum is an excellent source of information, but I've no clue what site is best for buying a start up kit for people living in the UK. Any help in that regard would be much appreciated. :)

stoot

Sep 21, 2013
UK
Hello
I have just posted about this - ha ha! My other half loves these itaste too (she thinks they are pretty and are definitely very durable) BUT get the V3 with a standard 510 connection. I think luv2vape are cheap for these - but avoid V2. If you can wait fast-tech are cheap too. She uses a dual coil XXL cartomiser with them (she gets them in black to match the black itaste). I am VERY jealous of your running - I need to stop being a couch potato and lose my very very sad addiction to watching Jeremy Kyle OMG.

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
The iTaste vv v3 is awesome! I have on and just really like it. Paired with a decent tank (or cart), good juice, and you're good to go. Happy vaping! This device is one most often recommended to new vapers. You really can't go wrong with it. If you do get it from fasttech, I'd recommend getting two since the price is so low, that way you always have one and a backup. Happy vaper trails to you!

ukdawn

Oct 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Cheers all and welcome to nobreak.

I've just checked out luv2vape and Fast tech. I was a bit concerned about the low prices on Fast Tech. The old saying, "If it's too good to be true..." came to mind. Apart from waiting weeks because they're in China, what's the catch?

Found the V3 on luv2vape as well, but not sure if the starter kit has everything. Here's what they list...
iTaste VV iClear express kit contents:
1x iTaste Polymer Li-ion Intelligent Rechargeable Battery (800mah)
1x iTaste USB Retractable Cable
1x Innokin iClear 16 dual coil clearomizer
1x English Instruction Manual

Obviously need to order the liquids as well, but is there anything I'm missing from the basic kit on that list which would need to be added to the order?

As far as the running goes - couch to 5k is an excellent starting point and has kept me going with over 6 weeks now. Only a few weeks away from running my first 5k!

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Vape Escape. Good place for spinners, protanks, spares
Uk Ecig Cabin
Electronic Cigarettes UK | SmokShop
StealthVape
E-Liquid - E Liquid UK - E Cig Liquid.. Excellent for everything
Home - www.vapourworld.co.uk
ECIG LONDON UK
Vapourbase
http://ecignet.co.uk/108-tesla-vv-vw-mod-set-.html Where i got my tesla
E-Liquid & Electronic cigarettes | Starter Kits | UK-Eliquid.co.uk
iVapour Elixir | PG E-Liquid
Electronic Cigarette UK, E Cigarette, E Cigs, Electric Cigarette, Best E Cigarettes

http://paradisevapeuk.vstore.ca/ Best place that i know of for e juice. Hundreds to choose from, PG,VG or both. Standard prices.

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/ They sell torches but great for AW's. Mod batteries..Cheaper here than at any vape vendor that i know of.

I get excited just window shopping !

Last edited:

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
I've just checked out luv2vape and Fast tech. I was a bit concerned about the low prices on Fast Tech. The old saying, "If it's too good to be true..." came to mind. Apart from waiting weeks because they're in China, what's the catch?

Found the V3 on luv2vape as well, but not sure if the starter kit has everything. Here's what they list...
iTaste VV iClear express kit contents:
1x iTaste Polymer Li-ion Intelligent Rechargeable Battery (800mah)
1x iTaste USB Retractable Cable
1x Innokin iClear 16 dual coil clearomizer
1x English Instruction Manual

Obviously need to order the liquids as well, but is there anything I'm missing from the basic kit on that list which would need to be added to the order?

The catch from ordering from Fasttech is that you need to be sure that you are getting the genuine article and not a knockoff. Just read the description carefully and check out the discussion and review links for the item. Also, you will run into a fairly long wait time with your orders through them as item tend to sit in customs for AWHILE. Some people have to wait weeks, or up to a month for their items to arrive.

That kit looks pretty good! I'd get a few more tanks as well and maybe some replacement heads too so you have some backups. I think the iClear 16s are pretty good as they are relatively hassle-free. Be sure to get some high-quality juice, and you'll be good to go! Cheers!

stoot

Sep 21, 2013
UK
If you search on ebay for 'EGO fitting, Mega Dual Coil XXL Cartomizer, Box of 5 - Like Smok. Attomizer' - these are the things she uses and are BRILLIANT. They do them in black too. Someone more technical will know what these things are called properly. The iclear things use a wick which we just could not get on with at all. These XXL things use cotton woll and have two burners inside which makes them produce lots of smoke. You have to fill them up with lots of liquid first and make sure they are soaked. The just a few drops now and then. Make sure the iclear has an ego fitting. It is so frustrating trying to explain all this stuff because it is complicated. it took us 6 months trying lots of things to get to a stage where we found things that worked.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
So i'd say get a Tesla (body only). get a charger (vapeescape), wall plug, and 2 18650 batteries, preferably "unprotected" aw 2000 mah. Protank II x 2 and some spare coil heads. Probably cost about £150 in total. Highly recommend going to paradisevape for e liquids. The tobacco flavours are great, naturally extracted tobacco flavours they are. As opposed to the chemical types that taste like well, i don't how to describe them, but they don't taste like tobacco. All paradisevape tobacco flavours are naturally extracted flavours. They've got dozens of other flavours too. Fruits, sweets, etc. That's another few quid for liquids.

Devices like the Tesla have built in protection so unprotected batteries are what's needed. Protected batteries don't really work in protected devices.
Don't know what else to tell you !.

Last edited:

ukdawn

Oct 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I've been checking out the links you've all posted and very nearly ready to order. Paradise Vape has the iTaste v3.0, but I can't tell if it's a complete kit or not because they've only got a picture and no description. Anyone know if their pics generally rep what they're selling?

You've all been such a big help and I really do appreciate it! Had been struggling with so many options. :blink:

jay631

Oct 25, 2013
UK

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Seems there's a good few UK people here. I'd spent all of yesterday searching the web for info and half the time my searches brought me to links in this forum. Decided to just sign up in the end and glad I did! Already received an email to say my order is on it's way and I should have it in a couple of days. :toast:

James and Audrey Stirrat who run "Paradisevape" are very helpful. If you have any requests or questions they are always happy to help. Just use their "contact us" link.

ps
When they send your order of e liquids they will always send you a 3ml random free sample of juice too.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
ukdawn - you did great! :)

The paradise iTaste VV is a great deal.

1) the batteries alone are £17 on fastech and take a few weeks. (up to, could be less, of course)
2) the complete kit from Paradise has 5 clearos, which would be more than the extra £13
3) and you get the cable and everything.

I've seen the batteries alone for £30 with no charger. :(

it really pays to shop around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread