Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
I've got reservations about bringing up this topic as some are quite passionate at both ends of the opinion spectrum. However it's something I've been wondering about for the past week or so and curiosity has got the better of this cat. If this thread isn't appropriate, please feel free to have it deleted. Please don't bite my head off.

Scared-Cat.jpg

Why hasn't the evil Chinese clone empire attempted to clone the REO? I don't think they should and hope they don't, but I can't understand why so many tube mods and atomizers get cloned within weeks of being released yet our beloved REOs have been overlooked (in a good way). I, like everyone else who frequents the REO sub-forum, believe that the REO is superior to everything else I've used. Its form and function rise above all other devices.

I think if a clone was attempted, it'd surely be a sub-par, flawed device just like the vast majority of other clones on the market.

Discuss...

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc

The best part of that thread was Robs' reply! ;)

I should add I don't think they have cause it's not cost effective like the other mods. They even the originals are not pricey to build per say. You are paying a lot for a name. With the REO you aren't just buying a name you are buying a hand built quality piece of craftsmanship that is more expensive to build and thus less profitable to clone.

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair
Lol, good one there. I may be from part of Asia. To be honest, I am someone who will try to avoid anything that is M.I.C if u know what I mean. I love ppl who put there hearts and sweats into a product then from a copycat. And seriously, I m dying to own one of the REO and is figuring how to get thru our Custom safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread