Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf.

By your post, I see you have tried your hand at DIY. Have you read any recipes from the DIY forum here?

DIY E-Liquid

scroll down that page and read a while, but you will need to have 5 posts here in the new members thread before you can post there.

Always a good idea to have some pre-made eliquid around anyway. Cant hurt.

:)

Kaoele

Oct 16, 2013
Fort Campbell
I simply tried using TFA and Flavor West flavoring fro OnestopDIY and all 40 taste awful. I've tried adding KAL pure stevia extract, no go. I tried dissolving 1/4 tsp in 10 ml of PG and adding 2 drops to a 3ml juice, also a no go. My banana juice was yummy at first and then it went from clear in my CE4 to almost black within a minute and tasted burnt and bitter. SIGH

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have a 900mah ego battery and a CE4 clearo that came with it. and I use zero nic in my DIY juices. 80/20 PG/VG
What may well be your problem is the juice attachment you are using. Clearomizers are notorious for muting some flavors. And not all clearomizers are created equal. I suggest trying a couple of varieties of clearomizers and even a cartotank. Best flavor producers for me have been cartotanks and the Innokin iClear 30 clearomizer.

Finding flavors that you like will be pretty much hit or miss, as no one can really pre-determinie what you will like. Taste is subjective. What one person likes another one will not.

Best way to find flavors is visit a juice bar at a vape shop. Besides that, order samplers from those e-liquid vendors that offer them, or purchase only small bottles from those that don't.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have a 900mah ego battery and a CE4 clearo that came with it. and I use zero nic in my DIY juices. 80/20 PG/VG

Sounds like you are burning your ejuice. The CE4's clearo are very picky and I quit trying to use them long ago. This may be a case where less = more. DIY ejuice needs to steep and most are not vapable right away. By steeping I mean aging them. So I would buy some pre-made until you can read in the DIY section here at ecf. Making ejuice is not anything like cooking even tho we use food grade ingredients.
Here is the link to DIY again. Good luck
DIY E-Liquid

:)

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I simply tried using TFA and Flavor West flavoring fro OnestopDIY and all 40 taste awful. I've tried adding KAL pure stevia extract, no go. I tried dissolving 1/4 tsp in 10 ml of PG and adding 2 drops to a 3ml juice, also a no go. My banana juice was yummy at first and then it went from clear in my CE4 to almost black within a minute and tasted burnt and bitter. SIGH

Banana is a tank cracker and doesn't react well with the plastic used in CE4's. I'd suggest a glass tank, like a Protank or a glass carto tank.

As far as the DIY try single flavor eJuice first, the DIY forum is great, also read Hoosier's blog E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread