Anyone else notice the lack of Joyetech products on major websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Discount Vapers, madvapes, even mount baker Vapor have all seriously reduced their stock of "genuine" joyetech merch. This is obviously because of their 33% price hike, all across the board. But strangely, I don't see a lot of posters here mentioning it. Is there a deeper discussion going on in a subforum somewhere?

There's a reason you're seeing so many Smoktech and Innokin products on the market.

Interesting article I found while doing research. It's older, but it's still interesting.

Joyetech - They Aren't the E-Cigarette Manufacturer You Think They Are! | E-Cig Express Blog

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Actually I would have thought their price hike may have had to do more with Status/image than anything. Maybe they forget we expect different from China.
What I have noticed more than a reduction is an expansion of available product offerings. Joyetech only has so much to offer so their little corner of the shelf is becoming obscured.
A Vender carrying a Hugh inventory invested in one product line could find themselves in financial trouble in short order. Today diversification and flexibility is more important than ever. Popular product/quick turn/minimal excess inventory.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
I don't think people care about them, people have just shrugged and moved on. There are many alternatives to Joye products. Take the Twist, you can get an iTaste VV, a Spinner or a clone to cover all the price points. I think Joye have shot themselves in the foot with their price hike. I would have got an eRoll for $42, but for $70, not a chance.

Joye have a reputation for decently made kit but I don't think it is now worth the premium they are asking, there are people like Innokin providing the same quality at more reasonable prices.

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
Discount Vapers, Madvapes, even Mount Baker Vapor have all seriously reduced their stock of "genuine" Joyetech merch. This is obviously because of their 33% price hike, all across the board. But strangely, I don't see a lot of posters here mentioning it. Is there a deeper discussion going on in a subforum somewhere?

There's a reason you're seeing so many Smoktech and Innokin products on the market.

Interesting article I found while doing research. It's older, but it's still interesting.

Joyetech - They Aren't the E-Cigarette Manufacturer You Think They Are! | E-Cig Express Blog

Great read! Crazy if true

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Joytech shot themselves in the foot with a required MSRP/pricefixing and a large minimum order.

as for the article? i stated at the time of release I thought it was funny he had to "research" information thats offered freely on Ovale's website for everyone to see. they have never hid this information and have openly talked about it over the past few years. yet a few people act like its some kind of conspiracy.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
See, though, before this article I had no idea that Ovale and the other company were the original creators. I remember hearing Ovale on Busardo's reviews but it never clicked until now.

I know i didnt either at first, but then like with the evic, i started noticing Ovale releases something then suddenly a few months later its a joy branded product, it was during the evic release i went to ovale and dug around, and they take great pride in the fact they are all working together to bring better products to the market and it works. ovale doesnt have to invest in manufacturing and joy doesnt have to invest in R&D just sit and wait for the next cool thing.

to be fair they don't exactly brag about it but at the same time they never tried to hide it either, so i am amused at these people who had to dig, and talk to high level people for information lol

imagine the phone call at ovale -hello? yea i heard that bla bla bla,--um yes we do that. bye "click"

Who was that? - dunno this guy is doing some kind of article on us. sounded like some conspiracy nut

Doesnt he know thats posted on the website? - guess not haha.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have never owned a Joytech Twist or a Vision Spinner, but I have held and just generally inspected both in a B & M. The Spinner seemed like the better battery if I were to purchase one.

Innokin seems to be the current leader in e-cig product quality and variety of late, both with battery devices and clearomizers. Kanger a close second with both. I think Joytech's former greedy practices are starting to catch up with them and that they can no longer rely on their pseudo reputation as one of the premier name brands from China. It's a dog eat dog world in China, and I think Joytech has lost their tail. Bad karma has caught up to them.

Last edited:

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
I dont know joys prices lately but i do know several people now who bought the kamry twist knockoffs (on FT and others) and they say they work just as well as the real twists, (paint is a little thin though)

The first batch of Twist clones at FT weren't as good a Joye ones (but ok for the price), the more recent batches were a higher quality, say 90% of a Joye for 50% of the price.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Is this price increase about to happen or are the prices I've been seeing with the increase?

It hit the fast moving Chinese sites a month or two back. The smaller US and EU sites and B&Ms may have sold old stock for longer. The ERoll at FT went from 42$ to 71$ overnight, the EVic from $70 to $100.

One Chinese site posted a notice saying they would sell their Joye stock then switch to stocking the Ego clones due to the rise.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I don't think people care about them, people have just shrugged and moved on.

Actually, they haven't.

Many of us only order Joyetech egos.....and I can attest to the quality of both their batts and even their chargers.

Their battery has some of the best protecton cirucuitry available. You will NOT get that in a clone.

The other thing is that they support their vendor with good warranty........which means the vendor can pass that along to their customers (you).

I have never had a joyetech go belly up yet....18 months on my Joyetech Twists. Still going strong.

I dont know joys prices lately but i do know several people now who bought the kamry twist knockoffs (on FT and others) and they say they work just as well as the real twists, (paint is a little thin though)

See above. And finish on mine are still real nice. :)

I don't trust the cheap fastech ones...already had one blow up on the charger. I had another "clone" ego that wouldn't shut off....ever. Had to toss it outside, didn't trust ever putting onto the charger again.

Loved the eRoll, too. Smart, classy, fun and so practical for those who love mini cigs.

I think they are very innovative, adn many have copied from them. But the protection circuitry, in their egos....that is patented. Its better than the others, I can attest to that.

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I remember being glued to the Janty sub forum and Mik's creative muse. We were all pumped up over that original design, called the eGo. We were ecstatic! Finally, an ecig that would last a nice 6 hours, plus had a 6 month warranty. The first batches even held the logo. The price was scary high for the kit, 60 bucks plus some for extra genuine Joye 510 attys and Janty's awesome RY4 juice, but we splurged and never regretted it. Soon the Riva clones came ou at half the price and Janty began losing heart and fell behind. But they still have their online stores with some nice things, like that special refill thingamajig. This thread really brought back memories. The Janty eGo was my first kit and Janty was my first love. Those were the good old days. I wish the ones I'm google-eyed over today were only $60 bucks! So does my poor sometimes patient hubby lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread