have you tasted a smoke since you quit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
So, I have been off the stinkies for a little over 5 weeks now.

Tonight I was out at a bar hanging with some friends. 1 who is a smoker and another who I mostly converted.

My 1 buddy was smoking and my other buddy who had not had a smoke in 2 weeks asked to bum one as he wanted to see what it was like again. he had a few drags and was like "I think that is enough for me".

So...me, watching this was like, "what the hell, let me try." Now, I kinda knew what to expect, as when I was weening myself off smokes, they started to taste nasty, but one thing that I like about e-cigs is I have no fear of cigarettes anymore. I know I have something in vaping that I like.

1st drag in 5 weeks. OH MY GOD!!! How did I smoke for 22 years?? like half a drag, and I was gagging. Disgusting. I had to order a vodka-cran and basically gargle with it to get the taste out of my mouth. That 1/2 a drag was more than I wanted.

It actually made me feel ill.

Needless to say, the rest of the night tonight, I was vaping, even while there were smokers all around me(there are still smoking bars in Florida, and we were at one). The smell doesnt bother me at all, but oh my, the taste of an actual cigarette is disgusting. So have you tried one lately? Was it the same for you?

Most importantly, the having no fear of cigarettes or of falling back into them anymore is really really nice. The first time I have quit smoking that I dont want nor fear becoming a smoker again.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Umm hummm. Same here! Disgusting!!! All I could think was, 'I did this for 15 years & enjoyed it...really!'
Like someone else said, at first the smell didn't bother me but now it's just plain horrible!!
I still have friends that smoke so I deal with the smell because I don't want to be a hypocrite & tell people not to smoke around me when I smoked with them for many years. It also serves as a reminder to never smoke again!! Ever!!

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
Yep. It didn't taste like blueberries at all. Gross.

Lol, definitely not like blueberries. Although I don't vape fruity vapes yet.

I still am mostly on tobacco or coffee vapes, occasionally a bakery vape.

But man, that 1/2 a drag was just disgusting. And I was a 2pad smoker for over 20 years.

Every other time I quit before, I always wanted a cigarette the whole time I was not smoking and avoided being around smokers or smoking because I knew I would break. Now? With vaping? I know I don't want to smoke anymore, and that drag told me that I am no longer a smoker nor ever will be again. :)

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
Lol, definitely not like blueberries. Although I don't vape fruity vapes yet.

I still am mostly on tobacco or coffee vapes, occasionally a bakery vape.

But man, that 1/2 a drag was just disgusting. And I was a 2pad smoker for over 20 years.

Every other time I quit before, I always wanted a cigarette the whole time I was not smoking and avoided being around smokers or smoking because I knew I would break. Now? With vaping? I know I don't want to smoke anymore, and that drag told me that I am no longer a smoker nor ever will be again. :)

I haven't found a coffee vape I like. Any recommendations?

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Yup. It's like all the "fun" you had when you first started smoking happens all over again. Give it a little more time even and see how you perceive things. I can't stand the smell of smoke - even walking behind a smoker outdoors - it makes me nauseous. After smoking for 30 years never saw that coming.
Yup...last night on "smoke break" with my buddy, we sat in his truck with the windows cracked listening to the radio and talking because it was kinda chilly here in H-Town...like 64 degrees or something :D and him smoking a analog and me vaping "Apple Martini" started to feel nautious because of the smoke..I FINALLY know I will never go back to analogs! (was afraid to touch one before because didn't know if it would grab ahold of me again or not...after the flip flopping of my stomach from the smoke (even though I still was drawn by the "smell" of the smoke, I think I might be finally free of the stinkies!)

Last edited:

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
I haven't found a coffee vape I like. Any recommendations?

That's a toughie as every store bought one I tried I didnt like. I have been playing around with DIY though, and made one I like.

its basically a caramel cappuccino with a shot of espresso and a splash of vanilla. I am still playing with the percentages to get it better, but it is quickly becoming an all day vape. If you diy, let me know and I will look through my notes and post the latest recipe I am using.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I have tried several. Mainly because I smoked for 48 years and I keep trying to figure out why. Every so often I get the urge and think okay try one. Usually it's from a pack that is a couple months old. What is amazing is all I can figure is they are putting something in them that makes me think they aren't as nasty as they are.

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
I haven't even thought about trying a cigarette.

:)

I honestly had not been thinking about it either. Even when around smokers. Tonight has not been the first time I have been in a smoke filled bar in the past 5 weeks. Heck, most of the bars I hang out in are smoking bars...as up until a couple of months ago, I was a smoker.

Most of my friends are smokers, although I have pretty much converted my best friend and his wife to vaping.

It was just seeing my best friend try his first smoke in 2 weeks(he did not like it, and quickly went back to vaping tonight) and watching the expression on his face that made me curious more than anything.

I am not disappointed that I tried a drag. Well, actually probably a half a drag as it was that nasty. The drag just made me enjoy vaping that much more, and solidified my decision to quit.

See, when I took up vaping, I quit without really trying. I started vaping as a just 'let me try it and see if I like it' not necessarily as a "I am going to quit smoking'. It eventually came to the point that I no longer liked smoking and liked vaping so I just stopped smoking. Literally, it was one night sitting around and thinking....hmmm, I have not had a regular cigarette all night and am not missing it...I think I will go tobacco free tomorrow. And I did.

I was talking to my best friend afterwards tonight and saying basically it is sooo hard to believe that me...ME...of all people had not had a smoke in 5 weeks. My buddy agreed. He was never as big of a smoker as I was, but he said it was seeing me being successful that made him try vaping as if I could do it, anyone could.

I am actually glad I had that drag tonight in a way. It makes me realize that I am not missing anything at all!!

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
:)

See, when I took up vaping, I quit without really trying. I started vaping as a just 'let me try it and see if I like it' not necessarily as a "I am going to quit smoking'. It eventually came to the point that I no longer liked smoking and liked vaping so I just stopped smoking. Literally, it was one night sitting around and thinking....hmmm, I have not had a regular cigarette all night and am not missing it...I think I will go tobacco free tomorrow. And I did.

That's almost exactly like it was for me! The only difference was I just decided to try a morning without the first cigarette and it stuck. I never vowed to not have another....it's always been an option and I even keep a cigarette around just in case...lol

I put the cigarette in a box of my gear a few days ago because it was taking up space and never thought about it.

DigitalVI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
CORINTH TX
About day 5 after I quit I thought I wanted to try one. Took one out of the pack and went out on the deck, also took my PV. Decided right then I was a happy vaper and never did light up. Since then things continued to improve vape wise, Better juice, better equipment etc ..., and I know I will never have another cigarette again.

Dan

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I had to order a vodka-cran and basically gargle with it to get the taste out of my mouth.

That's my morning Scope... vodka-cran, helps get rid of the taste of the DIY tequila toothpaste I use.

Seriously, I can't imagine ever smoking another cigarette in my life. I don't want to be the reformed smoker and be a douche about it, but please don't come near me if you have been smoking. I might gag.

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
I'm over a year CIG free. My dog died unexpectedly last week on the way to emergency vet (diabetes complication) just before I had to work. In the madness I left all my gear at home, I bummed a smoke at work. I not only regretted it, but did not enjoy it in the slightest...tastes horrid. I was never happier to see my ecig once I got home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread