Status
Not open for further replies.

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
Anyone else here have a SO that still smokes despite your vaping? Mine "tried" to make the switch but refused anything not a cig-alike. Needless to say as a PAD+ smoker it didn't cut bit for her. Granted this was before some of the newer gear (eroll, etc). She refuses to give it another go despite everything I've accomplished.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
My wife still smokes analogs but she's cut down quite a bit. Our evod sets were bought at the same time. Odd thing to me is that she only smoked a pack a day before the evods. I was at about 2 1/4 packs a day. I quit, she didn't.

I really don't get it but she's a free spirit and can do what she wants. I've been out of control with my analogs for years and I don't see any point in ragging on her. And, come to think of it, I KNOW better. :)

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
You have to pressure her (kidding kidding). My wife started vaping about a month before me. I remember thinking "that just doesn't seem like my thing." I tried a cig-a-like, and it only reinforced what I already thought. Then my wife got a mod, and I asked to try it. That day, I ordered a mod and the rest is history as they say. Keep at it man, she'll come around.

Do you guys smoke in the house? If not just wait, one night you'll both be relaxing on the couch, and she'll see you vaping away, and ask to try it instead of going outside. Winter is on its way.

Nice wrap by the way. Is it a J-Wrap? I just ordered one of their wood grains and hope it looks like that. I have to wait a month to get back home and get it, which is driving me nuts.

Last edited:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Yep, mine has taken drags off of various juices from both my eroll and my spinner and has absolutely no interest in taking up vaping. Doesn't like the taste usually, and hates the way the vapor feels. Every once in a while he asks if I'm concerned about what's "in the juice", or makes comments (good and bad) about the smell of my vapes. He keeps claiming he's going to quit but when it gets down to crunch time he restocks.

I'm not bothered by his smoking (we never smoked in the house so no stinky clothes/furniture), and he's not bothered by my vaping. I figure if he ever gets interested enough to do it, he'll just pick it up one day. Till then, it's status quo around here.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Unfortunately, I don't think she really has any desire to quit.

I only brought up the subject of vaping with THREE friends who are smokers.

I was dumbfounded by the amount of "kickback" I received in terms of sheer refusal to even try vaping.

What I learned from this is that people have to come to this in their own time, and within their own selves.

Thankfully, I have converted about 10 people........all were people who asked ME, mostly strangers or somebody who waited on me in a store or saw me at a community event .....THEY approached ME.

So that is how I let it lay now. :) I do not proseletize.

Nuvene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Chandler, Az
Hubby and I decided to start ecigs together... I quit and he didnt... He decided to try again about 6 months ago... still didnt work... then one night money got really tight and couldnt buy his smokes (2 days before payday) and I set him up with a setup with my LR cartos in a tank and from the first puff he loved it (other 2 time he was on a SR carto or a clearo on kgo)... hes deciding that he doesnt want to depend on nic anymore so hes gonna use the lozenges to fully quit (they do actually help him a lot)... he will be out of juice this weekend

mine wasnt ready, but luckily she was diagnosed with pregnancy 9 months ago. she decided to not vape either though and doesnt plan on picking it up again once my son pops out.

LOL. Congrats on the new little one!

I'm in the same boat. Hubby loves to smoke. He's one of the few people I have met that loves to smoke even more than I did. He has shown no interest in vaping at all. He doesn't seem to be bothered by my vaping, but I can't even get him to try a single vape.

I would really like him to quit though. I know if I harass him about it, it will upset him and accomplish nothing. Every one I'm sure has had a sanctimonious ex-smoker in their lives - the person who quits and starts lecturing you about smoking 30 days later is typically insufferable. I don't want to be that person.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
My wife still smokes. I ordered a twist and iclear 16 for her and hopefully the warmer stronger hit will help. I diy my liquids and told her that I will tweak them to whatever she wants. Unfortunately, I don't think she really has any desire to quit.

I didn't have any desire to quit, initially I just picked up a mod for cost savings and cutting down on cigarettes, because I know how bad they really are.
I also saw (in my grandmom) what it can do to a person that gets lung cancer (not trying to scare anyone) and it's scary and very very sad (I was 6 or 7yrs at that time).

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Anyone else here have a SO that still smokes despite your vaping? Mine "tried" to make the switch but refused anything not a cig-alike. Needless to say as a PAD+ smoker it didn't cut bit for her. Granted this was before some of the newer gear (eroll, etc). She refuses to give it another go despite everything I've accomplished.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Same song here!

Even tried to get her some 510-X batteries and larger 510-T atomizers...still burning the stinkies

She says she uses it...but I never see her with it and she keeps "losing it" hmmm

I bought two Totally Wicked Tornado RCS rigs, two Vamo V3's...nope...only using 1...at least I am saving part of the money buy not buying 2 of everything now!

vicflo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2009
Virginia
LOL. Congrats on the new little one!

I'm in the same boat. Hubby loves to smoke. He's one of the few people I have met that loves to smoke even more than I did. He has shown no interest in vaping at all. He doesn't seem to be bothered by my vaping, but I can't even get him to try a single vape.

I would really like him to quit though. I know if I harass him about it, it will upset him and accomplish nothing. Every one I'm sure has had a sanctimonious ex-smoker in their lives - the person who quits and starts lecturing you about smoking 30 days later is typically insufferable. I don't want to be that person.

thanks, its our first. its a waiting game for us right now.

im jokingly sanctimonious around friends and relatives that still smoke... but i make sure they know im joking. for the most part even smokers tend congratulate others who are able to quit, not all though.

rebar71

Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Austin, TX
I've been vaping for 4 months now and completely smoke free for 3 months. My wife finally got curious after seeing my success after a couple a months and asked when I was going to get her a kit. So I set her up with original eGo starter kit cuz I already had a couple of mods by that point. She really likes it, but hasn't completely quit smoking. She still has a couple of analogs a day but vapes the rest of time. I hope she gives up analogs completely eventually. I think she would quit entirely if she'd take more interest in learning how things work and getting a mod. While I was using the eGo/CE4 kits, I was still having an occasional smoke. Once I got something better - and learned how to make that even better, I haven't felt the need for an analog since. But she doesn't have that mind-set... she just wants it to work and not have to fiddle with it. And that is something analogs still do better than any vaping gear.

RoKeM

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Dallas, TX.
My wife tried one puff off of my first ego then handed it back to me and said; "That’s stupid!" and has never given it a second thought... lol! That was five years ago!! I quit the day I started vaping and never looked back! You would think that would make her want to try it again… I have a ton of equipment and juices now and could literally set her up with whatever she wants! But anytime I mention it she just says no.
:facepalm:

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Ours was a story much like some of the ones already posted here. I was a 43 yr. 2 pack a day smoker and really didn't have the "oomph" to make up my mind to quit. I LIKED smoking. I'd sort of dabble at trying, but never got even 24 hours smoke free accomplished. My husband only smoked around a half pack to a pack (at most) at day, and had smoked about 35 years. He wanted to quit and tried a few pharmacy type things and cold turkey. Didn't take.

In 2011 I decided I really needed to try to quit. It was time. So I looked into e-cigs and bought a cig-a-like kit. I'm one of the creeps who quit smoking cold on a dime with my first vape. I even had 7 brand new unopened packs of my cigarettes in the house. After about a month I packed them up in a freezer bag and stuck them in my freezer. They are still there. Hubby was truly impressed at my being able to so easily jettison a 43 year long addiction and wanted to try to quit too. Got him a kit and....it didn't "take".

He continued to smoke for another 9 months (in the house & car, too..but I never complained, nagged or commented about it) I continued to vape. He'd ask to try this PV or that as my vaping journey progressed. Finally after trying Smokeless Image's X2 automatic (a KR808d-1 eGo sized PV) he said he thought he could do it. I ordered him one and by the time it got here he was down to his last pack from his current carton. He smoked it...then went with the X2 and never picked up another cigarette. It had to be HIS decision and he had to make the commitment in his own mind. But it did take that time. He's been smoke free for going on 16 months now.

We both moved on to bigger and "better" APVs ...then, ironically, in the past couple of weeks we've both "regressed" back to using our old eGos much of the time, again. Go figure.

Ginny27

Verified Member
Oct 16, 2013
Washington State
My husband has been smoking for 30 years. As for me I have smoked for 15. I stopped smoking and have been vaping for 1 month. My husband is trying. We both started vaping about the same time. He can't seem to ween of the analogs. I catch him smoking all the time and occasionally vapes. Not sure if he likes it or not. He tells me he does but I don't think he's crazy about it like I am. I guess you can say baby steps. lol.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Wish I could help but my roommate won't give it more than a passing glance.

I got him to buy some that I thought would be tolerable for work (I'm the one that's going to have to be tinkering so I don't want to set myself up for a full time job of filling and charging). Surely having to spend money would get him to give it an honest try. NOPE.

I've played the anti-government tax angle because anti-government ("they want me to quit, I'll never quit" is his excuse to keep smoking) figuring knowing that he's paying around $2000 in taxes every year would do it. NOPE.
I've played the anti-government stuff of pointing out how the government wants him to use ecigs less than they say they want him to quit cigarettes. Even had a CASAA meeting playing while he was home once. NOPE.

I got him a free NJOY King and he gave it a few puffs and that was it.

He says he has no problems like PG/VG issues, it works to satisfy his cravings.
He's exposed to people that use them at work and see that they get away with it inside during rain or cold. He has every size available. He knows how much money it would save. He knows I breath better.
It's not the size, taste, feeling or anything else I can peg. He just won't give it an honest try.
I think he's afraid of failing if he actually says he's going to try to quit and that he'll miss going to the tobacco shop every week.

Just keep pressuring (but not too much to be an ANTZ, that's enough to drive me back to smoking) and hope one day the time is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread