My Provari killing atomizers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anurak

May 28, 2013
Katy, TX
I posted earlier last week that I'm having problems with atomizers lasting on the provari. Someone posted a ohms/voltage chart and I've been following it. I ordered a 3 ohm Cisco spec atomizer from Avid Vaper for around $8 and a 2.5 ohm to try out for the Provari. I also picked up 2 of the 1.5 ohm attys for my Silver Bullet. Overall it costed me about $50 bucks for 4 306 attys and a new drip tip. I totally feel ripped off!!! The 3 ohm atty on the Provari lasted 4 days and burned out. I was vaping at 3.7 volts and moved it up to 4.2 volts. It worked great and then all of a sudden stopped working! The atomizer coil got red hot and burned out during the last few hits I got out of it. What is the problem? I definitely haven't let the atty dry out. I constantly add drops when the flavor diminishes. Am I just having bad luck with these atomizers or possibly getting defective attys? I don't think I'll be ordering from them again since this is probably the 5th atty that burned out in less than a week. The 1.5 Cisco spec atty I'm using on the silver bullet has lasted over a month now but I've gone through a couple that only lasted a little over a week. It's getting ridiculous!!!

Can any of you direct me to a good vendor to buy attys from in bulk for a reasonable price? I like the 306's but willing to try other types if they last longer and vape just as good. I'm not ready to get into Rebuildable attys just yet but doing research on it. I really just want to find cheaper and longer lasting attys over 2.0 ohms for my Provari and the low voltage 1.5 ohm attys for the Silver Bullet. As of now the Cisco Spec attys from Avid Vaper are crap in my opinion!!! They work great if they work but lasting less than a week is beyond horrible for the price they cost! Only got 2 good ones from them so far that lasted over a month and they are the 1.5 ohms being used on my SB! So 2 good attys out of 10 ordered in total in the last few months at around $8 dollars an atty! That's some major BS!!! I need to make an order from somewhere soon! I seriously don't trust the attys I have to last very long!!!

Please help!!! :)

Post the type and ohm of atty you use on your Provari?, what voltage you vape at?, and where you buy your attys from please? Thanks!!!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I buy my 1.5Ω Joyetech 306s in bulk from Vapor Kings, but I very rarely use them on the ProVari. Digital Ciggz has good prices for SR Joyetech 510s, they are currently having a big sale. I've used Joyetech attys for a year and they're performed quite well for me.

Joyetech 510 Atomizer 25-Pack ($43.75) | DigitalCiggz.com

ETA: I use the 306s on my 3.7v box mods. I don't drip with the ProVari anymore, but when I did I used SR Joyetech 510s (I believe the ones from Digital Ciggz are around 2.3Ω), starting at 3.7v and dialing up to taste.

Last edited:

Anurak

May 28, 2013
Katy, TX
What about the Standard resistance and High Resistance? So your saying it's normal for attys to burn out that early? If so I really don't want to pay $8-$9 per atty anymore. Maybe RBA is the way to go but I don't have time to get into it at the moment! Just trying to focus on staying cigarette free and keep on vaping. It seriously bothers me how much crap the electronic cigarette industry throws out for people to get scammed into buying! If only they would make things easier for people to understand I'm sure a lot of others would give vaping a try. I guess that's a lot of things in life though! I'm glad vaping is working for me so far but it definitely gets frustrating at times when things don't work properly. Maybe vendors should write how long a product they sell is expected to last? Most people like me have little to no expectations on the electronic cigarette stuff we purchase. Just relying on reviews that could very well be BS! It literally took me a lot of trial and error to get to where I'm at with vaping now. Still glad I found the Silver Bullet, Provari, and Alice in Vapeland juices! It's been a long expensive journey but at least I can say it's working to keep me away from cigarettes! I just need a vaping element for my devices that are reliable. Which is probably the most important part about vaping other than the device used and juice being vaped!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
What about the Standard resistance and High Resistance? So your saying it's normal for attys to burn out that early? If so I really don't want to pay $8-$9 per atty anymore. Maybe RBA is the way to go but I don't have time to get into it at the moment! Just trying to focus on staying cigarette free and keep on vaping. It seriously bothers me how much crap the electronic cigarette industry throws out for people to get scammed into buying! If only they would make things easier for people to understand I'm sure a lot of others would give vaping a try. I guess that's a lot of things in life though! I'm glad vaping is working for me so far but it definitely gets frustrating at times when things don't work properly. Maybe vendors should write how long a product they sell is expected to last? Most people like me have little to no expectations on the electronic cigarette stuff we purchase. Just relying on reviews that could very well be BS! It literally took me a lot of trial and error to get to where I'm at with vaping now. Still glad I found the Silver Bullet, Provari, and Alice in Vapeland juices! It's been a long expensive journey but at least I can say it's working to keep me away from cigarettes! I just need a vaping element for my devices that are reliable. Which is probably the most important part about vaping other than the device used and juice being vaped!

SR is standard resistance. High resistance would be fine too, I've just never used any. I learned to drip using an eGo and HR would have been pointless. Since then I've ordered more out of habit than anything else.

No, it is not normal for attys to burn out that fast. I've never used Cisco, they are out of my price range, but they get very high marks. I don't know what's going on with yours, what does the vendor say?

I doubt they would list how long something lasts, because there are too many variables. I don't know how long each of mine is going to last, but they do last more than a few days.

Other than dripping, what else have you tried?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Thanks Ocelot! That actually looks like a good deal! Even if I got 10 bad attys it's better than what I'm paying now for just a few!

It is a good deal. My dripping buddies order from them all the time, I only don't because I use my low voltage mods.

ETA: The usual price is $9.something for a 5-pack.

Vapor Kings is where I buys my 306s. Their 510s are a little higher than DC, but this is the price all the time - you don't have to wait for a sale.

http://www.vaporkings.com/BULK-901-801-Joye-510-and-306-atomizers-s/545.htm

Last edited:

Anurak

May 28, 2013
Katy, TX
I've tried some Joytech 510's before and they worked pretty good. Got a few for free when I ordered the SB. Not sure why I never ordered any more. Even when I de-bridged the 510 atty it worked well. Lasted longer than any 306 I've gotten. I should probably give them another try. I tried the 306's from Avid Vaper and initially thought they were great! Loved the vapor production over the 510's and taste but they apparently burn out to easily. At least for me they do. The reviews on Cisco spec attys are good but in my experience are not worth the price. I haven't tried 801 or 901 attys yet. So recommend the HH .357 custom attys but that's out of my price range. I can't bring myself to do it unless there is a guaranteed life expectancy for them. Some reviewers have mentioned they last 8 months! Then again I read almost the same thing about the Cisco spec attys! I don't know what to think about that? lol.

Anurak

May 28, 2013
Katy, TX
I've also tried using cartomizers and tanks but I really don't like them. Gave me more problems than attys burning out. Leaks, not wicking, and the horrible burnt taste most cartomizers give off. I just never liked using tanks and cartos. I guess I'm just more of a dripper kind of guy. The rebuild-able attys are very appealing to me it's just that I don't have the time to get into them right now. Maybe this winter tho!

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Maybe you should try ONE Aspire Vivi Nova BDC cartomizer and see how you like it. They work flawlessly on my Provari, and according to Todd on Youtube, beat every atomizer he's ever tried in his life, and match the most expensive RBA made.

Just go to Youtube and watch the video reviews of Aspire BDC. Pbusardo and Todd both put out reviews on them. Todd looks so happy he could cry in this one:).

And I think they only cost $8, and the replacement heads $2 retail (tanks last a long time, get the glass ones:)). I don't know, but they aren't real expensive for what you get, NOT counting the vape quality.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Maybe you should try ONE Aspire Vivi Nova BDC cartomizer and see how you like it. They work flawlessly on my Provari, and according to Todd on Youtube, beat every atomizer he's ever tried in his life, and match the most expensive RBA made.

Just go to Youtube and watch the video reviews of Aspire BDC. Pbusardo and Todd both put out reviews on them. Todd looks so happy he could cry in this one:).

And I think they only cost $8, and the replacement heads $2 retail (tanks last a long time, get the glass ones:)). I don't know, but they aren't real expensive for what you get, NOT counting the vape quality.

Hahhahaa!!! Todd is like that in all his videos.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

I like Todd a lot :) He was almost in tears over the Aurora too.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
me too!! haha!! he was almost speechless over the Aurora!! made me want to order some right then and there. However, I've yet to do so. He gives a fun review that Todd! :D

The Aurora has Ego threading though and I don't like the look of adaptors. It hasn't been on the market very long and I have a feeling we wont have long to wait until there's a 510 version.

Last edited:

InTheClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Murphy, NC, USA

I love the Aspire glass tank, the only problem with the ProVari is no air. I used the dremel and put two air channels on the bottom of each tank (I used the channels on the bottom of a protank for the model.) Once I did that they are perfect, I have been using the same head for almost 2 weeks in the 1st one I got. I ordered 2 more tanks and two boxes of heads.

rebar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
iowa
I love the Aspire glass tank, the only problem with the ProVari is no air. I used the dremel and put two air channels on the bottom of each tank (I used the channels on the bottom of a protank for the model.) Once I did that they are perfect, I have been using the same head for almost 2 weeks in the 1st one I got. I ordered 2 more tanks and two boxes of heads.

Is your mod and the hippo the only option topping a provari with the aspire for air flow? Iv been adjusting airflow on a evod with tape over the holes, but am looking for something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread