Need suggestions on best flavors for specific types please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centaura57

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I need to find out who sells the best flavorings for only these specific types. Seems no matter what I've gotten, the flavors are off, sometimes a lot, sometimes only a tiny bit. I'm ready to dive into DIY so I can get what I really want. The stronger the flavor, the better. Okay, here goes!

Orange (want creamsicle)
Vanilla (for said creamsicle)
Kahlua
Cream (for the Kahlua)
Caramel
Sweetener

And Dr. Pepper if anyone has any experience with that flavoring.
:ohmy:

Thanks in advance!!!!

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I need to find out who sells the best flavorings for only these specific types. Seems no matter what I've gotten, the flavors are off, sometimes a lot, sometimes only a tiny bit. I'm ready to dive into DIY so I can get what I really want. The stronger the flavor, the better. Okay, here goes!

Orange (want creamsicle)
Kahlua
Cream (for the Kahlua)
Caramel
Sweetener

Thanks in advance!!!!

A good Orange Flavor is hard to find, still looking.
Vanilla is hard as well Hangsen Vanilla is the best I've found from ECX.
Cream: FlavourArt Fresh Cream is nice. I have the VZ-SC Cream (supposed to be good), but haven't tried it yet.

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
A good Orange Flavor is hard to find, still looking.
Vanilla is hard as well Hangsen Vanilla is the best I've found from ECX.
Cream: FlavourArt Fresh Cream is nice. I have the VZ-SC Cream (supposed to be good), but haven't tried it yet.

I've found that the SC cream doesn't remind me of Reddi-Whip like all the reviewers rave about. It's nice in particular recipes, but it adds a very noticable 'dairy' or 'buttery creamy' note rather than the pure sugar-foam that I think of when I think Reddi-Whip. Pretty rich stuff, so beware. I use at .5% for complex recipes and 1-1.5% if I want it to stand out.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
michaelsil1 and aheadatime - Thank you for the info, I'll be on the lookout for those brands.

Anyone with experience on the Dr. Pepper flavor? I can't even find it as a flavoring, either they don't carry it or they're out of it. :unsure:

I know of a couple of members that tried Dr. Pepper from different vendors, but they didn't like it.

Last edited:

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA

Orange (want creamsicle)
Kahlua
Cream (for the Kahlua)
Caramel
Sweetener

Thanks in advance!!!!

You'll get a LOT of great info & tips in this thread: Orange Creamsicle

We've been working on a Creamsicle for a couple of months - and we're getting closer & closer. TFA's Orange Cream is a must; Vanilla Swirl (for the soft serve ice-milk part) and some type of 'vanilla-creamy' for the 'rich french vanilla type kicker' are also essential. Bavarian Cream, French Vanilla, Vienna Cream, etc., are all possibilities (some even try 'custards', but we don't discern there's any eggy-buttery-custard in a Creamsicle). The orange in the Orange Cream isn't strong enough for most. We're using HS Orange for the kicker (and it really hits the spot for us - [edit] it has very realistic aspects with a twinge of 'Orange Crush soda' mixed in).

We haven't needed to add Vanilla to any of ours (so far). The Vanilla Swirl plus a 'vanilla flavored cream' is taking care of the vanilla for us.

'Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Centaura57

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
We as in you are a vendor? If not a vendor, would you be willing to share the recipe? If you are a vendor, completely understand and would like to purchase once you feel you've got it where it needs to be. Keep me in mind!
You'll get a LOT of great info & tips in this thread: Orange Creamsicle

We've been working on a Creamsicle for a couple of months - and we're getting closer & closer. TFA's Orange Cream is a must; Vanilla Swirl (for the soft serve ice-milk part) and some type of 'vanilla-creamy' for the 'rich french vanilla type kicker' are also essential. Bavarian Cream, French Vanilla, Vienna Cream, etc., are all possibilities (some even try 'custards', but we don't discern there's any eggy-buttery-custard in a Creamsicle). The orange in the Orange Cream isn't strong enough for most. We're using HS Orange for the kicker (and it really hits the spot for us - [edit] it has very realistic aspects with a twinge of 'Orange Crush soda' mixed in).

We haven't needed to add Vanilla to any of ours (so far). The Vanilla Swirl plus a 'vanilla flavored cream' is taking care of the vanilla for us.

'Hope this helps!

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
We as in you are a vendor? If not a vendor, would you be willing to share the recipe? If you are a vendor, completely understand and would like to purchase once you feel you've got it where it needs to be. Keep me in mind!

"We" as in my hubby n' myself (2 groovy-cool ole hippy-types = we2rcool), but we're not vendors (and not aspiring to be). But of course, in working toward becoming self-sufficient, we love thinking that someday our DIY artistry might actually make some money (somewhere down the line).

If we ever get it "right", we'll be sure to post our version in the thread to which I linked earlier.

Currently it looks like this:

TFA Orange Cream 9%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4%
TFA Sweet Cream 2%
HS Orange 3%
Koolada - 1 drop per 5ml

But the Sweet Cream is "wrong" (it should definitely be something like French Vanilla, Bavarian Cream, Vienna Cream or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream...for more vanilla and a more Hagen Daaz-ish type hint). And we're not particularly liking the Koolada (although others might). I think the French Vanilla or Vienna Cream is what we'll try next.

Right now the 'orange' is a bit too predominant (but the taste is great). Switching to a heavier cream might take care of that (because the heavier the cream, the more it seems to "smother" other flavors).

Also, we use no PG. Our base is typically 80% VG; 9% distilled water; 9% sterile saline; 2% pure grain alcohol. The saline solution really makes the flavors pop, so we typically use a wee bit less flavoring than others have to use.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
"We" as in my hubby n' myself (2 groovy-cool ole hippy-types = we2rcool), but we're not vendors (and not aspiring to be). But of course, in working toward becoming self-sufficient, we love thinking that someday our DIY artistry might actually make some money (somewhere down the line).

If we ever get it "right", we'll be sure to post our version in the thread to which I linked earlier.

Currently it looks like this:

TFA Orange Cream 9%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4%
TFA Sweet Cream 2%
HS Orange 3%
Koolada - 1 drop per 5ml

But the Sweet Cream is "wrong" (it should definitely be something like French Vanilla, Bavarian Cream, Vienna Cream or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream...for more vanilla and a more Hagen Daaz-ish type hint). And we're not particularly liking the Koolada (although others might). I think the French Vanilla or Vienna Cream is what we'll try next.

Right now the 'orange' is a bit too predominant (but the taste is great). Switching to a heavier cream might take care of that (because the heavier the cream, the more it seems to "smother" other flavors).

Also, we use no PG. Our base is typically 80% VG; 9% distilled water; 9% sterile saline; 2% pure grain alcohol. The saline solution really makes the flavors pop, so we typically use a wee bit less flavoring than others have to use.

Have you tried raising the Vanilla Swirl to 6% and not use the Sweet Cream?

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
Have you tried raising the Vanilla Swirl to 6% and not use the Sweet Cream?

Good idea (gmta!) - but yeah :::sigh::: we pushed the Vanilla Swirl as high as 9%. There's just something missing, and it seems like there's a hint of something Hagen-Daaz-ish in a real Creamsicle that we're just not getting with the VS.

It was good with the higher percentage of VS (and it might have been great to others), but I'm crazy-obsessive when it comes to duplicating a flavor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread