Help, why my vaping so cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I'm using the eGo Twist battery with a Kanger EVOD eGo Clearomizer (bottom coil clearomizer). After some research, I've already removed the top wick of the clearomizer. Everything else is fine, but the vaping temperature.

My draw turned out to be very cold and I couldn't feel the vape during drawing. It felt like drawing air, though it made a decent amount of smoke and good taste after drawing.

Instead of using the eGo kit, I also filled my Greensmoke cartomizer. The draw from this cigarette-like cartomizer is warm and felt good.

Is anything wrong with my eGo kit? Do you have any advice to make my vape warm from the eGo kit?

Thank you very much.

-Richard

abasm

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2013
Condor, AB, Canada
Hello again Richard.
The EVODs do have a tendency to have a cooler vape as being bottom coil the vapor travels farther and therefore is cooler. If there's good vapor and flavor chances are your kit is working.
Have you tried turning up the voltage on your battery. The Evods often come with a higher resistance head at 2.5 ohms so it takes more oomph to get the heat. You might try getting replacement heads that are 1.8 or 2.2 ohms. They heat quicker at lower voltage and should warm the vapor better.
Hope this helps.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
you did not tell us the ohms of your delivery device.

I suspect the greensmoke carto was a 1.8ohm and your evod coil was a 2.5ohm which is what comes inside most evods.

You can either turn up your battery voltage (the beauty of VV) or buy lower ohm replacement coils for your evod.

Or, find a clearo that is less "airy".

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
richard1017:11093414 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm using the eGo Twist battery with a Kanger EVOD eGo Clearomizer (bottom coil clearomizer). After some research, I've already removed the top wick of the clearomizer. Everything else is fine, but the vaping temperature.

My draw turned out to be very cold and I couldn't feel the vape during drawing. It felt like drawing air, though it made a decent amount of smoke and good taste after drawing.

Instead of using the eGo kit, I also filled my Greensmoke cartomizer. The draw from this cigarette-like cartomizer is warm and felt good.

Is anything wrong with my eGo kit? Do you have any advice to make my vape warm from the eGo kit?

Thank you very much.

-Richard

Bottom coils are usually colder. Even top or dual coils aren't gonna be that warm on a battery that size anyway. Too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread