Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hey whats, I guess I am the new guy on the block here.

I am new to vaping (well almost new anyway). I have been a smoker for almost 21 years. I have never been a heavy smoker, probably only average about 1/2 pack a day. So I got the idea I wanted to try vaping a couple weeks ago. I got a couple of the disposable ones they have at the local tobacco shop and gave them a go. I didnt smoke a cigarette at all during that time. The thing that turned me off on them were the awful taste. They had a super chemical taste with just a hint of flavoring. So I sought out on the internet to see what other people were using. Through some searching I found this place and the gold mine of information thats here.

So with my little experiment, I am almost certain this will work out for me! Now all I got to do is find the right package.

I am currently looking at getting:
V3 KGO Kit 1300mAh and this to go with it Vision Mega Nova Tank 3.5ml . Is this compatible and all I need or do I need something else to make it work?

I have also thought of going with a Ego-T Type B as something is telling me to avoid the cheap knock offs like most other things in life. I am new to all this and maybe the first I am thinking about isnt a cheap knock off, but it sure seems it by the price.

Thanks for any help, I am hoping to order something tomorrow.

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
First, welcome to ECF.

Second, that setup wouldn't be my first choice but I've been vaping for a while now. Were you wanting something about that size and price, or maybe something bigger? What about this setup is appealing to you? I could tell you to run out and get a bigger mod with bigger batteries, blah blah blah, but before we do all that - what are you looking for? Something small, light, compact? Or something a little bigger?

Oh and before someone else says it - get a provari

(that was a joke, don't get one)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello and welcome to ecf.
Looks like a good kit, but I would stick with the Kanger Tech EVOD clearomizer tanks. But that is because I would prefer the bottom coils. The Vision tank looks ok and would probably vape really good, you would just need to be sure the wicking is kept wet, which means you may have to tilt it quite a bit to keep them saturated. jmho

:)

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hello and welcome to ecf.
Looks like a good kit, but I would stick with the Kanger Tech EVOD clearomizer tanks. But that is because I would prefer the bottom coils. The Vision tank looks ok and would probably vape really good, you would just need to be sure the wicking is kept wet, which means you may have to tilt it quite a bit to keep them saturated. jmho

Thanks for the advice on the bottom coils, not 100% sure I know the difference between the 2 but I have seen it mentioned many times on here that people prefer the bottom coils.

First, welcome to ECF.

Second, that setup wouldn't be my first choice but I've been vaping for a while now. Were you wanting something about that size and price, or maybe something bigger? What about this setup is appealing to you? I could tell you to run out and get a bigger mod with bigger batteries, blah blah blah, but before we do all that - what are you looking for? Something small, light, compact? Or something a little bigger?

Oh and before someone else says it - get a provari

(that was a joke, don't get one)

Honestly with this being my first set-up and not really knowing much. I am just trying to get a nice base setup and then progress up from there if I find the need. I am just trying to keep the total under $100 (including some liquid) other than I am open for any suggestions. I a thinking I want to go with a tank, because they seem a lot easier to fill and also people say they have better throat hit.

The thing that really turned me on to the first kit was, I seen a earlier model (i think anyway) of it in a review somewhere and it seem pretty well liked. It came in well under my price range and that even included some liquid.

Having said that, for some reason when I first started looking into this, the Ego-T was what cought my eye and my eye is still on it. Just not sure if its worth the extra money.

Last edited:

Saltraker

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hannibal, Missouri
The kit looks pretty good for a starter. Be aware that the batteries are not variable. I do like the little glowy lights that tells you (sort of) the charge on the battery. I wouldn't get the Vision tank, at least not at first. Just go with the EVODs that come with the kit. See how you like the vaping experience. Just my opinion. You can always spend more money for other toppers (and you will!) later. Welcome to the vaping world!

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
The kit looks pretty good for a starter. Be aware that the batteries are not variable. I do like the little glowy lights that tells you (sort of) the charge on the battery. I wouldn't get the Vision tank, at least not at first. Just go with the EVODs that come with the kit. See how you like the vaping experience. Just my opinion. You can always spend more money for other toppers (and you will!) later. Welcome to the vaping world!

Thanks Saltraker, so there not as hard to fill as some people make it sound? That was my main reason for getting a tank right off the bat. And one of the selling points of the Ego-T Type B as it comes with 5 tanks.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks Saltraker, so there not as hard to fill as some people make it sound? That was my main reason for getting a tank right off the bat. And one of the selling points of the Ego-T Type B as it comes with 5 tanks.

Go with the KGO kit. I honestly think for the money and ease of using it, you will be happier.
Very easy to fill. You can google 'how to fill an evod tank' and get plenty of visual help too.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
My recommendation would be to get a Vamo. With your budget of 100.00 you'd be able to get it, batteries, charger, and juice.

Earlier I said that the kit you're looking at wouldn't be my first choice. My concern is that you'll outgrow it - quick. Then you'll be looking at getting something nicer. The vamo is an inexpensive and highly versatile mod that you won't outgrow as fast. With the vamo you get:

Variable Voltage
Variable Wattage
Ohms checker
Ability to switch from 18350 to 18650 batteries

This will allow you to switch configurations at will and give you the versatility to use just about any battery, carto, tank, etc. that you want.

For the tank, I'd go with either an iclear 16, iclear 30, or protank 2.

Right this second, I'd say do a little more research on all this advice you're getting. If you're interested in the vamo, go to youtube and check out pbusardo's review of it.

Finally, someone mentioned about top coil vs. bottom coil. I use both interchangeably and have no wicking issues with the top coil. I use the iclears and don't have to worry about a dry/burnt hit.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks for the welcome!

Wow, that Kanger Evod Starter Kit sure does look nice, would you recommend it over the KGO Kit? It sure has a attractive price!!!
Well, to me it looks nicer. The only real difference I saw was these were 1100mah compared to your orig 1300mah. Which only means that your orig should vape about 2 hrs longer before needing charged. both would last all day before needing charged. Oh, and the price was a little better too. Ask the Mrs. what she thinks.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
If I were going to get a starter kit for myself or a family member, this is what I would personally get:
Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit -VV

I love the Mini Protanks. They're glass, so there's no need to worry about tank-cracking juices (juices that crack or melt plastic). I personally like bottom coil clearomizers, and I think these are very simple for beginners to understand and care for.

The batteries, though only 650mAh (depending on your style, they last 5-6 hours before needing a recharge), are variable voltage, meaning you can dial in your own vaping experience to some extent.

Sample review of Kanger clearos:

If I were new to vaping, but knowing what I know now, I might also skip eGo-style batteries and go straight to something like the iTaste MVP2. The self-contained battery life is great and it's variable voltage or variable wattage. At a great price like $40, I'd go ahead and get two plus a couple of Kanger clearomizers (Mini Protanks or Protanks). It would cost more than $100 with juice, but it'd be a setup that would last for years.

Sample review of the MVP2.

It should work with no issues, however, I would personally go with a Kanger ProTank instead of the Vision Mega Nova Tank.
I personally am using an Ego-C Twist with a Kanger Protank 2.

I think it is always beneficial to have a Pyrex tank, instead of the Polycarbonate Tanks. This opinion is based on my experience with citrus flavors and tanks that have cracked or become clouded.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
I see a lot of people recommend a couple batteries. Is there really a need for this at the start or am I over looking something? I mean if a battery lasts all day is the 2nd battery something that could be skipped at first?

Thanks for all the information, I guess I wont be buying tomorrow. I am going to take a day or 2 to digest all this and figure out what I want based off all this new information.

I guess I should have joined up here earlier and posted. I really didnt think there was this much different stuff out there or configurations from just searching around on my own.

Thanks again for all the information!!

I started with a $25.00 starter kit. From there, I added a 1000 maH battery, and finally added a PRotank 2 and an Ego-C Twist. That's where I am now after 2 months.

I am currently looking at other options, but don't quite know where I want to go.

Hope this helps a bit. This forum is awesomely friendly and most vapers that you meet will be just as friendly.

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
I see a lot of people recommend a couple batteries. Is there really a need for this at the start or am I over looking something? I mean if a battery lasts all day is the 2nd battery something that could be skipped at first?

Having 2 batteries allows you to vape one while charging the other. It technically could be skipped, but you'd be without vape while it charged.

Do yourself a favor and get 2 - trust me

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
I started with a $25.00 starter kit. From there, I added a 1000 maH battery, and finally added a PRotank 2 and an Ego-C Twist. That's where I am now after 2 months.

I am currently looking at other options, but don't quite know where I want to go.

Hope this helps a bit. This forum is awesomely friendly and most vapers that you meet will be just as friendly.

Thanks a lot. Its much appreciated. What you done is what I am trying to avoid doing. I am wanting to get something to start with that isnt going to make me wish I would have got something just a little better and end up buying more stuff. I know that time will come eventually as its inevitable with me. I would like to be able to have a few months of peace with what I get before I start looking at other things or second guessing.

Having 2 batteries allows you to vape one while charging the other. It technically could be skipped, but you'd be without vape while it charged.

Do yourself a favor and get 2 - trust me

Thanks Bubba that makes sense. I guess I wasnt thinking right in that battery would last all day and then you just charge it at night while sleeping.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
If you are or have recently been a smoker, I would strongly recommend having at least one backup for everything. You will probably feel tempted to smoke occasionally. One of the ways many of us overcome this temptation is by making it easier to vape than to smoke: always having a vaporizer at hand and keeping any cigarettes (if we have any at all) in a much less convenient place (freezer, trunk of the car, whatever). Having only one functioning battery can become a problem, not only if it is charging but if it gets lost, broken, etc.

I guess I wasnt thinking right in that battery would last all day and then you just charge it at night while sleeping.
I know there probably are people who charge their batteries while sleeping but, personally, I wouldn't charge mine unattended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread