Status
Not open for further replies.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I was wondering what a person would use just to taste or sample flavors without wasting a Carto just for one flavor. Seems like when I add a flavor to my tank whatever taste it was, it never leaves, so I end up putting a new Carto in. So I got some 510 Smoktech 1.7ohm XL (TheResurrector), First thing they hold a lot of juice which is nice if you want to vape it for a while. But if you just want to take a few hits it’s kind of a waste. And still not sure if I just add a different flavor on top of the one in it or is there a way to wash them out or something? Should I have gotten the standard size instead of XL? Should I try a small atomizer and just wash it out?
BTW I get my Cartos off CCV (Crystal ClearVaping) they have these 3 Box Deals under their 15 Carto Deals section,
I get
3 BOXES Double-Punched & Plated SMOKTECH DUAL COIL DCT Style XL (1.5 or 2.0ohms) for $25.85
3 BOXBUNDLE DEAL 510 SMOKTECH 1.7 ohm XL (15 RESURRECTORS) for $19.85
Boge Pre-Punched (2-Holes) 510 Carto's(5-Pack) $8.62
Are these a good deal? Or can I get them cheaper? Or are these not what I should use at all? lol
I use the Boge in my Prive. Is there a better one to use for a Prive? So many questions for one post sorry about that.

15 Carto Deals

Oh one more question, Is there any way to stop this web site from logging me out so fast?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I was wondering what a person would use just to taste or sample flavors without wasting a Carto just for one flavor.
Most use a 510 atomizer:
Atomizer/ Atty- an element in a metal tube with no wick or stuffing on to which 2- 3 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean.

3 BOXBUNDLE DEAL 510 SMOKTECH 1.7 ohm XL (15 RESURRECTORS) for $19.85
Good price plus free shipping. I used them on my 3.7 volts Kgo (eGo class) PV.
Have never used Fusion but people seem to LOVE Fusion Series Problem is they are so popular he's always out of stock :facepalm:
Here's the http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/418767-deals-steals-47.html

Oh one more question, Is there any way to stop this web site from logging me out so fast?
When you login lower left of box check "Remember Me"

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I use one of my rba's when I make a fresh 10ml sample batch of juice. Just pull out the cotton wick, dry burn the coil, re-wick with cotton, saturate with new juice, and vape. If it tastes ok, then I'll put a few ml's in the tank and vape it dry. If I have to tweak the flavor, then I'll add a little bit of this or that, till I get it right. Since I use micro coil builds with external cotton wicks, re-wicking is a snap.

Many use a dripper rda, for tasting samples. I can easily do the same with three of my 4 rba's. So when I am down to just 3 flavors in stock, I keep one empty for taste test purposes.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Most use a 510 atomizer:
Atomizer/ Atty- an element in a metal tube with no wick or stuffing on to which 2- 3 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean.

Wait I thought Atomizers had wicks, Every time I think I figure this out I get more confused :(

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Most use a 510 atomizer:

Wait I thought Atomizers had wicks, Every time I think I figure this out I get more confused :(

It is very confusing, even more so when websites that sell them don't show good pictures of the inside. For tasting, I use 510T attys. They have wick through a little spike in the middle. It's not a very popular atty because it does have wick, maybe the only one? Not sure about that. But I use it because of that. Most of the devices I use, evods, T3's, etc., also have wick and I want it to taste the same testing as filling up. These type https://www.fasttech.com/products/1325010 look like this inside
407896145.jpg

I don't use the liquid holder for testing, I just drip some. Other 510 attys use what looks like metal mesh, some are bridgeless...many different kinds. I'm still confused about some of them. lol

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
Does anyone use these?
Nano Clearomizer - 510 Thread - AltSmoke

I've been thinking of ordering some to taste juices since they are only 1 ml.

I had thought the same thing at one point, but when I got them I found out that, since they are so narrow and don't come apart at the bottom, it's really hard to get all of the previous flavor washed out completely. They aren't a bad little clearo, but they aren't great for testing multiple juices.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Vapoor eyes er;Most use a 510 atomizer:

Sorry. To be more specific there are two types:
Bridged- have a metal bridge/ wick over the element and this bridge is used to hold the juice. Many remove this bridge as it gets clogged with juice gunk very easily.
Bridge Less- only an element.

RN4081-Atomizer-Cross-Section.jpg

Bridge Less
vision-bridgeless-atomizer-stainless_wm.jpg

Bridged
Bridged.jpg

Last edited:

Big Orange Country

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
The South
I use a igo-l with a micro coil and organic cotton for tasting. Just need to pull your cotton do a quick dry burn. Reload a new cotton and your off and running again

I use the IGO as well and with pretty much the same setup, although if I have a bunch of new test batches to run, I'll switch the cotton out for silica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread