smallest and best mod for newb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaddy1981

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
South Bend, IN
I just moved up from ego twist to vamo v5 and now looking at getting a smaller mod for at work. I've been using my vamo in 350 mode but its too big and heavy to toss in my pocket and walk around my warehouse. What would be a smaller mod looking at mechanical for under $50. Perferably from fasttech as I have store credit I need to use... Thanks for any insight!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
ovale v8.jpg

$28.65 Oval V6 5-in-1 Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarettes Set - 2*ICR18350 / black / EU charger at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The above pic is of a Segelei-Ovale V8. The link to FastTech is for the V6 model. Three step variable voltage. Uses two 18350 batteries which will easily last you all day. Rubberized gripper-style box mod that is pocketfriendly and light in weight. Under $30.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Shorter and lighter than a Vamo in 18350? Mech mod?

Bad's suggestion, while not exactly meeting the criteria for "big", certainly does meet the "heavy", or lack of heavy, criteria. The Ovale is mostly plastic, so you're really only carrying the weight of two batteries. With a short/fat atty, a good compromise with plenty of power reserve. Trade off.

A mech in 18350 will be a little shorter, perhaps a little lighter than the Vamo, but at the cost of no voltage control. Toss in a Kick, and you gain nothing. Any Caravela, Chi you or Ba gua 18350/18500 clone will suffice and available from FT. Still, trade offs.

An 18350 Hybrid may be the smallest and lightest... but are you a coil winder? Trade off.

Perhaps a 14500 mech or APV? But then, enough battery, or will you be carrying spares in another pocket? Trade off.

An automatic, large capacity 18350 battery, semi-hybrid device? Perhaps.

Trade offs everywhere you look 'eh? Narrow it down to the most critical... and choose. ;)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
The Vamo is kind of big. I have heard that the above device has some issues with 510 connections. If you are gonna get a box mod, you should go for the MVP 2. It has a smaller cousin, the iTaste Vv/VW 3, which has all of the same features. Both are available on Fasttech.
Good choices both... the former isn't exactly light, the latter isn't exactly short... being the same height as the MVP. Saying that, the 3.0 is a wonderful choice for just about any vapist to own... they are so darn handy. :)

Only the MVP1 is available from FT... and you can get an MVP2 from C2C for the same price... so that rules out the FT credit for a MVP2.

Me? Already owning both models of MVP and knowing there usefulness, I'd spend the money at C2C for the MVP2 and use the FT credit for a few good RBA clones... but hey, that's just me. ;-)

More trade offs? Sure... but what isn't?

Chaddy1981

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
South Bend, IN
View attachment 264186

$28.65 Oval V6 5-in-1 Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarettes Set - 2*ICR18350 / black / EU charger at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The above pic is of a Segelei-Ovale V8. The link to FastTech is for the V6 model. Three step variable voltage. Uses two 18350 batteries which will easily last you all day. Rubberized gripper-style box mod that is pocketfriendly and light in weight. Under $30.

Thanks for the input Batitude, if I got a box style mod I think I would want one of the bottom feeder ones. Anyone make a affordable one by chance? I can keep batteries at my desk that is not a problem. The box mod would help I think though, keeping my vamo in my front pocket looks like a got a chubby swaying while I walk...lol

Chaddy1981

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
South Bend, IN
Good choices both... the former isn't exactly light, the latter isn't exactly short... being the same height as the MVP. Saying that, the 3.0 is a wonderful choice for just about any vapist to own... they are so darn handy. :)

Only the MVP1 is available from FT... and you can get an MVP2 from C2C for the same price... so that rules out the FT credit for a MVP2.

Me? Already owning both models of MVP and knowing there usefulness, I'd spend the money at C2C for the MVP2 and use the FT credit for a few good RBA clones... but hey, that's just me. ;-)

More trade offs? Sure... but what isn't?

I think I will go with the Itaste vv/vw 3, is it similar size to a ego twist? I just ordered the X1, X8, Rocket, & eternity rabs from fasttech, so I hope I'm good for a awhile.

Does fasttech or anywhere else sell any vmod or reo bottom feeder clones that are decent?

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Try the Kamry K101 from fasttech. In 350 mode, its about half the size of the Vamo in 350 mode. Its got airholes for the threaded device so you can flush mount, has plenty of air holes for battery venting, telescopes so you can go 650 if you want at the house, has a beefy little spring in there for the battery, and imo just looks nice. Quick Edit - It's also got reverse threading to turn the button off, which was a must for me. I did a bit of researching before picking this up as it was my first mech mod, and I dig it. 24$ at fasttech, but I got mine from myvaporstore for 33$.

$23.78 Empire KeCig K100-101 Mechanical Rechargeable Electronic Cigarette - gold / no battery at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Kamry K101 Telescopic - Purple

OB1J3D1

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2010
Earth
I just moved up from ego twist to vamo v5 and now looking at getting a smaller mod for at work. I've been using my vamo in 350 mode but its too big and heavy to toss in my pocket and walk around my warehouse. What would be a smaller mod looking at mechanical for under $50. Perferably from fasttech as I have store credit I need to use... Thanks for any insight!

I used to use a vamo and wanted something mechanical and smaller. I went with a nemesis clone. In 350 mode with a patriot RDA and drip tip, it's the size of my vamo in 350 mode alone.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    The Zenesis DX350 is one tiny little thing.

Ive got my IGO-L sitting on top of it right now, and the whole setup is still shorter than a vamo in 350mode. The mod alone, compared to a Vamo V3 in 350 mode, is about as tall as the two +/- buttons. Like I said, its a short little guy.

And becauses its Z2 threaded, anything else from the entire Zen2 line will fit. Decide you want to try out a genesis hybrid? Pick up an Atty. Or the Carto Tank, or a bigger battery tube.. Anything and everything in the Z2 line, fits anything and everything in the Z2 line.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    The vamo is huge, even for a VV/VW mod it's tall. Almost any mech will be shorter. The only cheap mech that I have that was decent was the magneto, which while not the smallest is smaller than a vamo, I'd say a magneto v2. If your budget was higher there are a lot of small mechs.

Agree, agree, agree and agree lol.

Almost every tube mech comes with an 18350 tube, either included or available seperately. Size is completely dependant upon each device.

As I already suggested, the Zenesis2 DX350 is a short little mod. For me, any shorter would be bad, itd be uncomfortable. The DX350 is right on the line of being too short, but just enough that its still comfortable to use. And of course, down the road you can add the carto tank or genesis atty and turn it into a hybrid. I have a Zenesis Altus that I sometime take the atty and put on the Dx350 tube.. The colors dont match because gun metal and brass, but if I used it like that all the time I could just get the right color top cap or body tube. I know I sound like a fanboy for Zenesis, but the quality of these device is beyond what you expect, and the versatility because of the common threading on all the possible parts makes it a great system to get into.

In the Hybrid department, there is the Noble 1. An aggressively priced genesis hybrid which uses an 18350 battery, it is quite small, and an overall nice mod to boot. Comes in Stainless and Black.

Fury83

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2012
    Nowhere
    Agree, agree, agree and agree lol.

Almost every tube mech comes with an 18350 tube, either included or available seperately. Size is completely dependant upon each device.

As I already suggested, the Zenesis2 DX350 is a short little mod. For me, any shorter would be bad, itd be uncomfortable. The DX350 is right on the line of being too short, but just enough that its still comfortable to use. And of course, down the road you can add the carto tank or genesis atty and turn it into a hybrid. I have a Zenesis Altus that I sometime take the atty and put on the Dx350 tube.. The colors dont match because gun metal and brass, but if I used it like that all the time I could just get the right color top cap or body tube. I know I sound like a fanboy for Zenesis, but the quality of these device is beyond what you expect, and the versatility because of the common threading on all the possible parts makes it a great system to get into.

In the Hybrid department, there is the Noble 1. An aggressively priced genesis hybrid which uses an 18350 battery, it is quite small, and an overall nice mod to boot. Comes in Stainless and Black.

My only thing with the zenesis is price, I'd rather spend an extra $20 and get a Paps 2.5. The 20x1 threading it uses works for a ton of switches, caps and atty's. I just think the zens should be a little cheaper. In place of a zen, I'd probably get a steam monkey 18350 with the 1.1 switch. Same price, same thread but brass and the new switch takes the rattle out.

As for size, I agree there is too small. I have a mod that is 59mm in 18350 and 72mm in 18490, I like the feel of the 18490 size better and 18490's have 400 mah and 10amps on 18350's...so I only use the 18350 when I need something tiny. For reference, the Zen Dx 18350 is about 67mm.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread