Lost 2 Triton tanks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Two of my poor Triton Tanks have become casualties of the war on stinkies. They 'fell' due to Mt. Baker Vapor's Lemonade. I thought HALO tanks were made from the 'good' poly-something-or other? This ever happen to anyone else? I've been looking for a glass tank for the Triton, but nothing with the 808 threads. I've got an 808 to 510 adapter from MBV and it works well, but...when I put hubby's Kanger pyrex tank on it, well...it looked kind of funny, like a damsel in distress tower! Aside from feeling like Rapunzel while vaping from it, it worked really well. Is HALO going to come out with a glass tank anytime soon? I know, I know....looks aren't everything, but...you ladies out there know what I'm talking about...lol! Plus, "crack pipe" comes to mind when I look at the thing like that...lololol! Anyway, somebody HELP!!! The 'Rapunzel Crackhead" is soooo not a good look for me. It's so 90's!:blink::oops::vapor:

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
From: Lemonade E Juice Baker Vapor - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

You have to be real careful with Mt Baker Vapor.

Yeah, here's the full list of juices you should avoid using in polycarbonate tanks: E Juice that may break a plastic tanks | Mt Baker Vapor WikiMt Baker Vapor Wiki

Polypropylene tanks are the "good kind," but they're rare, presumably because polypropylene can't be made entirely translucent (or, I suppose, because it's more expensive?). Polypropylene's not as pretty, in other words. In any case, I wouldn't blame Mt. Baker Vapor in particular; citrus/cinnamon juices from all sorts of vendors have been known to crack polycarbonate tanks. At least Mt. Baker makes an effort to publicize which of their juices might be problematic, an act of up-front self-deprecation rarely seen in modern marketing.

A Halo-branded glass tank would be awesome.

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
i like halo, but I like open standards and interoperability more.
if halo don't want you to use non halo tanks on their batteries, then give your money to someone who does, and buy a couple of standard batteries and glass tanks for the tank buster juices. I have some mini protank-II's on their way on the slow boat from china.

save the proprietary halo hardware for halo juices.

Boston Vapah

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Boston, MA, USA
I'm quite content with Halo juices thus I have no reason to stray or go through any taste testing with any other vendor. The idea of vaping cheesecake or ice cream doesn't appeal to me but that's just my opinion.

Every flavor I've tried from Halo hasn't disappointed and not one flavor was disgusting (steeped or not). Granted I didn't get wowed with every flavor I tried but with over 10 0f them I did (I'll have to do a count). I don't need a 50 different flavors and if I ever get tired of the same old same old, I'm sure Halo will have added new flavor and even new equipment to work with cos that'll be a long time from now.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I feel whatever works for peeps to stay off of analogs is ok with me! So if peeps want to try other stuff if it works, Bravo! BT looses another customer they can't kill. Ok, that was sort of harsh but true.

My "fear" is if a juice can do that to a tank, yikes, what is it doing to me. I get that there's certain chemical break downs/interactions, blah, blah, but I personally want no part of tank cracker juices in my system..just IMO..

Some tanks take a little longer to break down which means as someone is vaping it, they are vaping this "break down" process,..whatever that entails. I wish Halo would come out w/glass not so I can use known tank cracking juices, but I just mentally feel healthier using glass. I don't know what plastic tanks may or may not have BPA and just heating plastic and vaping just weirds me out a little.

Last edited:

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Yeah, here's the full list of juices you should avoid using in polycarbonate tanks: E Juice that may break a plastic tanks | Mt Baker Vapor WikiMt Baker Vapor Wiki

Polypropylene tanks are the "good kind," but they're rare, presumably because polypropylene can't be made entirely translucent (or, I suppose, because it's more expensive?). Polypropylene's not as pretty, in other words. In any case, I wouldn't blame Mt. Baker Vapor in particular; citrus/cinnamon juices from all sorts of vendors have been known to crack polycarbonate tanks. At least Mt. Baker makes an effort to publicize which of their juices might be problematic, an act of up-front self-deprecation rarely seen in modern marketing.

A Halo-branded glass tank would be awesome.

Thanks for the info Fulgurant. I don't blame MBV in the least, I love to buy stuff from them. Just thought my Triton tank could handle it...lol. "Oh how the mighty have fallen"...lol I see you you live in Phila. I grew up there. I went to West Catholic Girls in West Philly. Haven
t been back in years :( Oh, to taste a Philly cheesesteak! Or a hoagie...mayo AND oil for me! lol

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Thanks for the info Fulgurant. I don't blame MBV in the least, I love to buy stuff from them. Just thought my Triton tank could handle it...lol. "Oh how the mighty have fallen"...lol I see you you live in Phila. I grew up there. I went to West Catholic Girls in West Philly. Haven
t been back in years :( Oh, to taste a Philly cheesesteak! Or a hoagie...mayo AND oil for me! lol

Hey there! Always glad to hear from a hometown lady. Hope everything's going well down in AL. :)

And I feel your pain. The rest of the country's beautiful, but trying to find a decent sandwich out there is like pulling teeth. :cry: They call hoagies "subs," which prolly stands for "substandard." ;)

But don't worry! Mail-order is available:

Jim's Steaks :w00t:

Phoenixville | PrimoHoagies
(Sadly, I can't seem to find a working website for the :nun: Holy of Holies. :nun: Maybe their site will come back soon, but I'm not sure whether they'll ship. Primo ain't a bad second option.)

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Hey there! Always glad to hear from a hometown lady. Hope everything's going well down in AL. :)

And I feel your pain. The rest of the country's beautiful, but trying to find a decent sandwich out there is like pulling teeth. :cry: They call hoagies "subs," which prolly stands for "substandard." ;)

But don't worry! Mail-order is available:

Jim's Steaks :w00t:

Phoenixville | PrimoHoagies

(Sadly, I can't seem to find a working website for the :nun: Holy oHolies. :nun: Maybe their site will come back soon, but I'm not sure whether they'll ship. Primo ain't a bad second option.)

HAAY! That's FANTASTIC Fulgurant!!! Woot! It's a sorry state of affairs down here in bama, as far as sandwiches are concerned. How a Philly girl EVER ends up in the deep south I'll never know, but it had something to do with a certain "Southern Gentleman" And yeah, he had the hat and everything!...lol

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
HAAY! That's FANTASTIC Fulgurant!!! Woot! It's a sorry state of affairs down here in bama, as far as sandwiches are concerned. How a Philly girl EVER ends up in the deep south I'll never know, but it had something to do with a certain "Southern Gentleman" And yeah, he had the hat and everything!...lol

Hehe, they do know charm in the South, no doubt about it. I've no doubt he counts himself lucky to have you. :)

(PS. The Eagles suck. I hope you're not watching this game. Yeeeouch.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread