New to the forum and the toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, just joined the forum to learn from the best. Here is a little info about me. 22 years old, from Cincinnati just moved to Michigan for a job. Currently I am in San Bernardino CA for a road trip. I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, hookah a few times and a cigar every few months. When I first came to California, I saw disposable e hookahs and thought I would give them a try. I loved the flavor so much I decided to get a Blow EZPEN. I started with a few different flavors and just the other night I picked up a itaste SVD and an IGO-W drip setup. I know in just a few weeks I went from nothing to an advanced setup so obviously I have a lot to learn.

I just got everything I need to start building coils and have been playing around with it all day. My goal with the SVD is to get the largest vapor cloud possible. The EZPEN just didn't give me enough vapor so I decided I wanted to upgrade.

The biggest problem I have found is trying to find information about specific things, everything seems to be so sprawled out on the Internet.

Here is a picture of what Mt collection looks like so far:

20131026_192549_zps6f6ffd3a.jpg

I started experimenting with wrapping coils but have had little luck in huge vapor clouds, barely reaching the size of the EZPEN clouds.

I started with a 3/4 wrap which measured . 9 ohms and experimented with different wattages on the SVD. I am using what I believe to be 30 gauge wire and 3mm silica wicks. I could never get it right and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I would like to post more specifics in the right sub-Forum but I'm really not sure exactly where it should go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
welcome to ECF ... I gotta tell you, I wish I could help with this, but I'm too new myself and haven't even attempted to rebuild anything.
Also not really into that, but there are plenty people that can and will help you find all the correct details for that (I think there may be a sub-forum for just what you looking for)
anyway, I wanted to say and happy vaping

Thanks guys, nice to know the help is out there. From what I have seen, most micro coils use cotton instead of silica is this correct? Can you just use cotton balls for that? I have plans to drill the air holes and start doing dual coils but I would like to have a single coil figured out before I start going too crazy. Where can I find information on ideal resistances for coils and whatnot? For whatever reason my coils just weren't producing much vapor and it's really bugging me. Is there a thread somewhere about the basics of coils? Like spacing, number of wraps, best location, tightness, anything like that would be awesome. I'll be searching the forum to hopefully find what I'm looking for but some direction would be great. Thanks again!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
welcome to ECF ... I gotta tell you, I wish I could help with this, but I'm too new myself and haven't even attempted to rebuild anything.
Also not really into that, but there are plenty people that can and will help you find all the correct details for that (I think there may be a sub-forum for just what you looking for)
anyway, I wanted to say and happy vaping

I laughed all over again when I saw your banner. (may the Melvin be with you!) View attachment 266332

Just thought I would share an update with you guys. I have acquired a few new flavors and a few extra tanks so I can have a couple flavors going at once. I ordered cappuccino from 510ego.com and was very disappointed. There is no flavor, it just tastes burnt. I tried it in two different 510 atomizers, my protank 2 and my RBA. All with the same results. I'm looking to get some more complex flavors after I empty a few of the flavors I have now.
20131109_210036_zps8e4b028a.jpg

I also have made a few successful micro coils. I tried using silica wicks but my best results have been with cotton balls. My resistance now is 2.8 ohms. I'm going to try to get some lower readings on my next one but I fear I won't have enough coils to be effective.

20131109_210348_zps96f4ecbd.jpg

When you guys wrap dual coils, how do you get both to fire? I tried one with two coils of nearly identical resistance but I could only get one to fire. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread