Which device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
I am trying to figure out which device would best suit my brother. He has not converted yet from smoking but he will soon, he just doesn't know it yet. LOL

I got my sister in law set up a week ago and she is doing great. I had a conversation with my brother today and I'm trying to figure out what would be best for him. He is stubborn and says he might give this a try if my sister in law sticks with it. I think she will. My brother is a heavy smoker, easy 2 PAD a day if not more. He is an ironworker and is use to having a cig. in his hands pretty much all day. He would definitely need something durable but he doesn't want anything big.

He said he is use to tossing his butts off of buildings they are working on so he would be worried about doing that with his device. A lanyard is not an option. I'm just looking for any suggestions anyone might have.

hazarada

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
buttville
I guess the vamo is on the larger side of things but i gotta say its damn durable, i've dropped mine a lot including out of a 3rd story window to the pavement and into water(sealed it in a jar of rice for a few days after that) and still works! On the atty side, the most abused one is probably my aga T1 which has also survived numerous falls without any real damage.

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
I honestly just don't know what to do for him. He THINKS he wants a cig a like but I am afraid that won't do it for him. I have the MVP and he says mine is too big. Maybe I can talk him into the Evod because I don't think I am going to find anything smaller that will work or last. I'm not real sure the Evod will take his abuse either but I am hoping to get him switched THEN get something more durable like a provari.
Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate the help!

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
I honestly just don't know what to do for him. He THINKS he wants a cig a like but I am afraid that won't do it for him. I have the MVP and he says mine is too big. Maybe I can talk him into the Evod because I don't think I am going to find anything smaller that will work or last. I'm not real sure the Evod will take his abuse either but I am hoping to get him switched THEN get something more durable like a provari.
Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate the help!

Quitting on a cig-a-like is a crap shoot. Even the better ones give off a meh vape. Start on an eGo battery if you want small, anything smaller than that won't cut it. Not to mention the battery like will likely suck.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I'm going to put my neck out there and suggest the Halo G6 or Smokeless Image Volt. My lady wants to try vaping after watching me for the last 7 weeks. She wants something small and cig like. The reviews on both of these are excellent and I plan on getting her a G6. They are 808's which would be a little bigger then a regular ...., the battery life is good for what it is, the carts are easy to refill and incredibly simple. They are also probably the best bet to stand up to abuse and rattling around in your brother's pocket at work all day. As long as it's not overfilled it very unlikely to leak too. Tons of reviews on the G6 on Youtube and here.

One important thing I'd tell your brother is to take it slow, for my first few weeks vaping I still had a few cigarettes here and there. It didn't take me long to realize that I liked vaping way more and I felt so much better physically.

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
I'm going to put my neck out there and suggest the Halo G6 or Smokeless Image Volt. My lady wants to try vaping after watching me for the last 7 weeks. She wants something small and cig like. The reviews on both of these are excellent and I plan on getting her a G6. They are 808's which would be a little bigger then a regular ...., the battery life is good for what it is, the carts are easy to refill and incredibly simple. They are also probably the best bet to stand up to abuse and rattling around in your brother's pocket at work all day. As long as it's not overfilled it very unlikely to leak too. Tons of reviews on the G6 on Youtube and here.

One important thing I'd tell your brother is to take it slow, for my first few weeks vaping I still had a few cigarettes here and there. It didn't take me long to realize that I liked vaping way more and I felt so much better physically.

I wish your lady the best of luck! I feel like JMarca is right and it would be a crap shoot. I have been off cigarettes for 4 weeks now and I know how I felt. If I had a cig a like I would be smoking right now. I don't think it will work for my brother either sadly. I have my work cut out for me on this one but I will get him to see that he has to at least have something the size of the Evod. At first I thought my MVP was going to be too big for me to take to work too but I now take it with me everywhere. He is just stubborn in many ways but that's ok, so is his sister. ;)

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I wish your lady the best of luck! I feel like JMarca is right and it would be a crap shoot. I have been off cigarettes for 4 weeks now and I know how I felt. If I had a cig a like I would be smoking right now. I don't think it will work for my brother either sadly. I have my work cut out for me on this one but I will get him to see that he has to at least have something the size of the Evod. At first I thought my MVP was going to be too big for me to take to work too but I now take it with me everywhere. He is just stubborn in many ways but that's ok, so is his sister. ;)

Believe it or not my first two weeks were with a Blu kit (surprise! surprise!) What it taught me was that vaping is awesome but sucks using these little pieces of junk!! I then bought an Evod kit and found out what potential vaping had! He needs to try something that works "ok" enough, is enjoyable and cuts his cravings. If he has a similar experience as I did, he'll want bigger, better and more very soon, then it will be something he picks out to carry (with your help I'm sure). At that point maybe something like an Evod or ego setup will work.

Though bottom line is nothing will work unless he wants to quit. I really liked smoking alot but wanted to quit and vaping has been the only thing that has ever worked for me. Maybe get him an ego style kit, and tell him to try using it to stop smoking at home, he'll probably realize he'll want to carry something all day.

(I wonder if he thinks he'll look stupid sucking on an ego Alice in Wonderland looking thing if front of all the other people at work and that's a big reason he wants a look-a-like? You have to admit vaping on our preferred gadgets does look odd to most people at first glance.)

Last edited:

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
Believe it or not my first two weeks were with a Blu kit (surprise! surprise!) What it taught me was that vaping is awesome but sucks using these little pieces of junk!! I then bought an Evod kit and found out what potential vaping had! He needs to try something that works "ok" enough, is enjoyable and cuts his cravings. If he has a similar experience as I did, he'll want bigger, better and more very soon then it will be something he picks out to carry (with your help I'm sure). At that point maybe something like an Evod or ego setup will work.

Though bottom line is nothing will work unless he wants to quit. I really liked smoking alot but wanted to quit and vaping as been the only thing that has ever worked for me.

Good for you! I wish it could work that way but this situation is a bit different. Here is the longer version..
I was forced to quit due to not wanting to pay 150% increase in health insurance. I have been smoke-free for 4 weeks and am shocked myself how well this has worked for me. My sister in law is not in good health and has needed to quit for many years but has not been able to. After seeing my success, she decided to give this a try. Thrilled for her, I gave her my Evod kit and got her set up last week. She has not had a cigarette since. YAY!! My brother said if she sticks with it he might give it a try. He doesn't really want to quit either (like I didn't) and a cig a like will just give him an excuse to say it doesn't work. So, I want to make sure he has a device that does work for him. I know the starter kit will not last him but I am hoping by then he will see this is a good thing and then he can decide what durable device he would like. As I said, I have my work cut out for me but I really think he will do this for my sister in law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread