Maybe its they are to young...or I'm too old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First week with my Itaste MVP has been great...except all I have to vape is this nasty southern classic. Think: smoking juicy fruit gum and you've got it. I'm impressed nonetheless. Simple functional and does what its spose to..aaand I don't have to charge it every 20 minutes. Vape is still good on my first atomizer. I'm satisfied. Some kids I work with (early 20's) make fun of me almost every day for my grandpa ecig. "Hey P can you charge my phone? (snicker snicker snicker) (Shrugs) Whattaya gonna do?

I don't really talk much about ecigs with people. I'm still going thru "I look like a dork-itis" With the Halo G6 at least they sorta looked like cigarettes. People might do a 2nd glance but other that that they'd leave you be unless they got too close then...THE JIG IS UP! Then the questions come, questions I can't answer. Wanting to try it...ugh thats the worst. I can't believe I haven't had a herpes outbreak or a cold from the times other peoples lips have been on my ecig. Luckily I just found a place that sells friend tips-PERFECTO! I draw the line with homeless people though. Sitting at the busstop waiting for my morning commute and a homeless guy comes up and asks me for a cigarette. Ussually I can just hold up my doo-hickey say sorry and smile. This one guy shrugs his shoulders and goes "I'd don't mind, let me have a toke." and he starts reaching towards it. My smile turns to a frown instantly ""Go suck stones fool!" I bat his hand away and luckily just then my bus comes so I jump on before he can mug me.

Halo is a great starter kit for most people. They have decent juice and decent hardware. Eventually though you'll get sick of the price of the e liquids. No liquid should be $20 for a 30 ml. Whattaya got in there gold flakes and popes blood buddy? Get over yourself. I looked at an ecig today that cost $150 dollars. Redic. I know some people will right that its worth it but I can't fathom anything being worth that much. Does it wipe my behind for me as well? Phssht. You can see how ecigs are trending nowadays just by the price of product.

Going back, the kids at work say I'm dumb for not buying Halo batts, atts, and eliquid. I starting perusing the interweb about a month back looking for cheaper stuff. Of course there is Health cabin if you want to wait a month. Who wants to wait a month though? Not me. I don't know what kinda flavor is gonna strike my fancy next month yo. On a previous post some people said they had a lot of luck diy-ing. Meh. Not for me. Then here comes Ec blend. I got 2 15ml bottle of Cinnamon tobacco, and Apple tobacco. The prices are really good. 7ml 2.50, 15ml 5.00, 30ml 8.99, 50, 14.50. I could bathe in elquid at those prices.

Blech. They were terrible. The cinnamon tasted exactly like a cinnamon yankee candle, which yes it does smell good, I don't want to smoke it. The apple tobbaco had something appley about it but not much. Plus I played around with the PG/VG ratio...big mistake. The cinnamon was a 60/40 and the apple was a 50/50. Yeah I think I heard the g6 cry when I tried to fill the tanks with them.

I know, Why the hell did you do that P?
Me: I have no idea, I was curious and I had a money to burn I suppose.

So anyway I screwed that up and ordered some more eliquid from the. SUper nutty and Dk 555. I'm still waiting for them to come. EC Blends is averaging 9-14 days right now which is frustrating. The only e cig store we have in Madison WI is the tobacco mart on east wash. The guy who works there is indian and always yells at me when I come in to grab liquid in heavily accented english

"Ay Mr. G6 I goot you juice yeah!" Then he hands me the most expensive eliquid he has. None of which I asked him to order. He's a classic salesman. We barter. He likes it, I want to get a deal. He says 24, I say 18, he forgets english for a little while and pulls out a oversized calculator and punches in some numbers and shows it to me. 21? it says. We both look exasperated with each other but we eventually both get what we want. I get a 2 dollar off deal and he still gets to overprice his product.

So anyway. Hopefully ecblend is decent. The kids at work think I'm cheating on Halo.

"Dude, Its like your smoking balogna and I'm smoking a porterhouse. Why would you want to smoke anything besides gourmet? How could you buy anything but halo man?"

I Find it amusing that these kids think somewhere in a eliquid factory there is a chef with a curl moo-stache just whipping up bowls of e liquid. In my mind I see tired employees squirting different liquids into bottles to be shipped out.

vg (phbbbt) pg(phhbbt) flavoring (phhbbyt) nicotine (phhbbt) water (phhhbbt)

HEY BOB, BOB SHIP THIS OUT FOR ME WILL YOU!

The kids also seem to think that halo makes the batteries for the ecigs. I showed them on my phone what the batteries were. KR808d-1. They didn't believe me.

"Dude those are just generic. Halo only makes top of the line batts. (snicker snicker snicker) God P yer so gullible."

I sigh, look down at the ground, shake my head...and just walk away.

So anyway hopefully my order of elquids will taste good because I bought 80ml of the crap. If it doesn't well I have about a month and a half of smoking bad eliquid. Anything is better than Souther classic from halo though. UGH UGH UGH! I HATE IT SO MUCH! Whatever people are tasting I don't taste. I just taste juicy fruit. No cocoa, no tabaccy, just juicy fruit.

II made the mistake of also buying a 15ml of tabacco eliquid from a company called Ignite. DON'T BUY FROM IGNITE THEY ARE TERRIBLE. I don't know how people can make so much terrible eliquid but IGNITE does. just really bad, claw your tongue out bad. The tobacco flavored eliquid has no tobacco flavor in it at all. Just this weird alcohol and watermelon/cucumber blech thing going on.

I gave it to a homeless person later on in the day when they asked me for a cigarette.

(sigh)

Thee end.

Last edited:

Prolikethis

Oct 4, 2013
USA
First week with my Itaste MVP has been great...except all I have to vape is this nasty southern classic. Think: smoking juicy fruit gum and you've got it. I'm impressed nonetheless. Simple functional and does what its spose to..aaand I don't have to charge it every 20 minutes. Vape is still good on my first atomizer. I'm satisfied. Some kids I work with (early 20's) make fun of me almost every day for my grandpa ecig. "Hey P can you charge my phone? (snicker snicker snicker) (Shrugs) Whattaya gonna do?

I don't really talk much about ecigs with people. I'm still going thru "I look like a dork-itis" With the Halo G6 at least they sorta looked like cigarettes. People might do a 2nd glance but other that that they'd leave you be unless they got too close then...THE JIG IS UP! Then the questions come, questions I can't answer. Wanting to try it...ugh thats the worst. I can't believe I haven't had a herpes outbreak or a cold from the times other peoples lips have been on my ecig. Luckily I just found a place that sells friend tips-PERFECTO! I draw the line with homeless people though. Sitting at the busstop waiting for my morning commute and a homeless guy comes up and asks me for a cigarette. Ussually I can just hold up my doo-hickey say sorry and smile. This one guy shrugs his shoulders and goes "I'd don't mind, let me have a toke." and he starts reaching towards it. My smile turns to a frown instantly ""Go suck stones fool!" I bat his hand away and luckily just then my bus comes so I jump on before he can mug me.

Halo is a great starter kit for most people. They have decent juice and decent hardware. Eventually though you'll get sick of the price of the e liquids. No liquid should be $20 for a 30 ml. Whattaya got in there gold flakes and popes blood buddy? Get over yourself. I looked at an ecig today that cost $150 dollars. Redic. I know some people will right that its worth it but I can't fathom anything being worth that much. Does it wipe my behind for me as well? Phssht. You can see how ecigs are trending nowadays just by the price of product.

Going back, the kids at work say I'm dumb for not buying Halo batts, atts, and eliquid. I starting perusing the interweb about a month back looking for cheaper stuff. Of course there is Health cabin if you want to wait a month. Who wants to wait a month though? Not me. I don't know what kinda flavor is gonna strike my fancy next month yo. On a previous post some people said they had a lot of luck diy-ing. Meh. Not for me. Then here comes Ec blend. I got 2 15ml bottle of Cinnamon tobacco, and Apple tobacco. The prices are really good. 7ml 2.50, 15ml 5.00, 30ml 8.99, 50, 14.50. I could bathe in elquid at those prices.

Blech. They were terrible. The cinnamon tasted exactly like a cinnamon yankee candle, which yes it does smell good, I don't want to smoke it. The apple tobbaco had something appley about it but not much. Plus I played around with the PG/VG ratio...big mistake. The cinnamon was a 60/40 and the apple was a 50/50. Yeah I think I heard the g6 cry when I tried to fill the tanks with them.

I know, Why the hell did you do that P?
Me: I have no idea, I was curious and I had a money to burn I suppose.

So anyway I screwed that up and ordered some more eliquid from the. SUper nutty and Dk 555. I'm still waiting for them to come. EC Blends is averaging 9-14 days right now which is frustrating. The only e cig store we have in Madison WI is the tobacco mart on east wash. The guy who works there is indian and always yells at me when I come in to grab liquid in heavily accented english

"Ay Mr. G6 I goot you juice yeah!" Then he hands me the most expensive eliquid he has. None of which I asked him to order. He's a classic salesman. We barter. He likes it, I want to get a deal. He says 24, I say 18, he forgets english for a little while and pulls out a oversized calculator and punches in some numbers and shows it to me. 21? it says. We both look exasperated with each other but we eventually both get what we want. I get a 2 dollar off deal and he still gets to overprice his product.

So anyway. Hopefully ecblend is decent. The kids at work think I'm cheating on Halo.

"Dude, Its like your smoking balogna and I'm smoking a porterhouse. Why would you want to smoke anything besides gourmet? How could you buy anything but halo man?"

I Find it amusing that these kids think somewhere in a eliquid factory there is a chef with a curl moo-stache just whipping up bowls of e liquid. In my mind I see tired employees squirting different liquids into bottles to be shipped out.

vg (phbbbt) pg(phhbbt) flavoring (phhbbyt) nicotine (phhbbt) water (phhhbbt)

HEY BOB, BOB SHIP THIS OUT FOR ME WILL YOU!

The kids also seem to think that halo makes the batteries for the ecigs. I showed them on my phone what the batteries were. KR808d-1. They didn't believe me.

"Dude those are just generic. Halo only makes top of the line batts. (snicker snicker snicker) God P yer so gullible."

I sigh, look down at the ground, shake my head...and just walk away.

So anyway hopefully my order of elquids will taste good because I bought 80ml of the crap. If it doesn't well I have about a month and a half of smoking bad eliquid. Anything is better than Souther classic from halo though. UGH UGH UGH! I HATE IT SO MUCH! Whatever people are tasting I don't taste. I just taste juicy fruit. No cocoa, no tabaccy, just juicy fruit.

II made the mistake of also buying a 15ml of tabacco eliquid from a company called Ignite. DON'T BUY FROM IGNITE THEY ARE TERRIBLE. I don't know how people can make so much terrible eliquid but IGNITE does. just really bad, claw your tongue out bad. The tobacco flavored eliquid has no tobacco flavor in it at all. Just this weird alcohol and watermelon/cucumber blech thing going on.

I gave it to a homeless person later on in the day when they asked me for a cigarette.

(sigh)

Thee end.

I was just so entertained...do it again!do it again!
I have the MVP v2 and the battery last for days i love the device yeah I'll get some looks but not like when I'm vaping out huge clouds on my 134.
As far as juice, Have you tried max vg blends? MTBakerVaper.com has some good flavor that gives huge clouds.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
I wouldn't worry much about the kids at work....you done your research and found what works for you for the price you think is appropriate....those kids (sheeple?) are just following a fashion and buying the most expensive available...let them.
I got a MVP2 on the way now

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I was just so entertained...do it again!do it again!
    I have the MVP v2 and the battery last for days i love the device yeah I'll get some looks but not like when I'm vaping out huge clouds on my 134.
    As far as juice, Have you tried max vg blends? MTBakerVaper.com has some good flavor that gives huge clouds.

Hehe changing my post, was really late last night. I really don't like the way young people treat the older folk be 5 or even more years older. I really liked your post.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Hello Pica and welcome to ECF! I enjoyed your post tremendously!

Please tell them that Halo not only doesn't make any batteries, but they actually copied (cloned, stole, knocked off :p) both batteries and cartos (horizontal coil) from Bloog. Bloog is the original designer--Halo and Volt grabbed the design and rebranded it. Anybody can buy any ecig model made in China and have their logo slapped on it. It's being done all the time. ;) Halo never even used to sell hardware--they started as a juice vendor. :facepalm:

Halo makes very clean and high quality juices, but most people either love them or hate them. I like Halo menthols, once in a while, but I can't vape their tobaccos--they all taste like Pinesol... to my tastebuds.

Cheers!

I do have a blog somewhere. (Feels around in pockets) ill have to look it up and see if its amusing or a Tad too serious. I find that funny people are only funny because they see how ridiculous the human race really is.

Welcome Pica!

Lol, that was the funniest and most entertaining post on the ECF EVER!!! Love it. More please.

P.S. Do you have a blog?

Is the mvp2 the the one with the replaceable battery? If it is I thought about getting that one. Then I thought about how forgetful I am and how I'd probably forget to bringbthe charger at some point and that would make me sad. Although prolonging the life of my ecig is appealing.

I wouldn't worry much about the kids at work....you done your research and found what works for you for the price you think is appropriate....those kids (sheeple?) are just following a fashion and buying the most expensive available...let them.
    I got a MVP2 on the way now

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread