Problem with mint/menthol flavors. Any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Price

Oct 25, 2013
Aspen, CO
Being back into vapor for about two months now, I have just started using flavors other than classic tobacco flavors. I have really liked the mint and menthol flavors, but have come across the same problem with the three flavors I have tried so far. If I keep the same voltage/wattage as other flavors I get a burnt taste after just one or two pulls. When I turn down the voltage, I tend to not get as strong of a flavor, or the throat hit I want. Are there any mint flavors that anyone is aware of that does not burn at high voltages and gives you a strong mint flavor? In the meantime I have just been keeping my mod at about 3.8 volts or lower on any minty flavors . With most other flavors, I tend to stay at 4.4 to 4.6 volts.

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Extreme ice from Mount Baker Vapor is a strong menthol juice. You can get extra flavor shots too if you are feeling brave. Actually, any of their ice line of juices are pretty good.

You can also get a higher ratio PG juice as well which will help increase the throat hit.

So what type and what ohm topper are you using?

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
40 + years of Salems and similar, and only three weeks vaping, but so far I'm very much liking Vaperite Burley Menthol Tobacco. I've tried about 20 flavors and this is my favorite so far. Second choice, oddly enough is a red hot cinnamon. I may just like/need strong flavors,. Tried some coffee flavors, but found them dreadful. (In my case I also don't like sweet, so that makes a difference.)

artfunk54

Mar 20, 2013
Melbourne
I'm an ex-menthol smoker and now vape Hangsen Menthol Sensation almost exclusively. I do find that it gets a burnt taste if I'm not on the lowest setting on my itaste VV, but I find that goes away when I turn the voltage down. I've also had much less burn flavour trouble since switching to iclear 16s from CE4/5/6s. There's also a super strong menthol juice from an Irish company called Extreme Menthol. It's almost too minty, but great to mintify any liquids that aren't minty enough.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Kringles curse from Halo

Kringles Curse is amazing, strong peppermint menthol, even at low nic levels ...

If you like this one, you'll love Arctic Wolf from VaporGod. Its been reviewed here as the strongest menthol juice available, and I'm a believer now, just got a sample last Friday. The throat hit is intense. I'll be ordering more, it mixes well with fruit flavors ...

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I can not suggest which vendor is the best but i can recommend trying one in 70PG/30VG vs a 50/50. My favorite mint/menthol is from a local B&M called Icy Mint but they only offer 50/50 or straight VG. Its from STLVapors and they do have a website but the pricing is not very competitive and the straight VG (organic) is really expensive IMO.

Elite VaporWorks has a pretty good menthol in 70PG/30VG that is worth the price IMO and they give a free 36ml bottle if you buy three 36ml bottles. IIRC they charge about $14/36ml and they have been ready to vape immediately for me. Only one Mango juice i got from them improved with age. I get it from them locally and they claim its already "aged" or steeped. My tasted buds agree.

The 50/50 blends taste fine IF they wick well. My problem is they do not wick well in my preferred tank/s and taste burnt unless i make a effort such as primer puffs and shorter draws. I was never a big analog menthol fan but i do like vaping it occasionally. It really helped getting me off of analogs for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread