Sub Ohm? New and old k101

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcebelaced

Oct 11, 2013
Las Vegas
So like I posted a few days ago I decide to try and learn about rebuildables sooo I went and got a chimbus for like 14 dollars at a local shop and I went somewhere else to have it built for my svd to start off there anyway the guy told me it wasnt worth it bla bla he hooked me up with a k101 for 30 but he was out so he looked around and he knew an owner at another shop that had one so he had someone else pick it up for 35 and he threw some wick and wire in!

So we talked a little and he rebuilt it for me he didnt test it but I did with someone elses ohm reader and it was .5 ohms, now I knew I couldnt use my regular svd battery so I got this

15n6e6x.jpg

From his shop too I didnt bother to go online since he did replace the L screws with phillips screws and drilled an extra hole on my chimbus without me even asking

6i8u3p.jpg
2ey8f2w.jpg

He told me the L screws were hard to with and break and are lost easily so he replaced them.

So far Im loving it but I been wondering is this battery good enough?

The k101 I got was giving me threading problems on the spot so another dude that was chillin there used grips to try and get it off and said if I break it Ill give you mine (he didnt) but he still gave me his all he said was missing was an insulator or something like that had randomly fallen out, I switched the middle part since I didnt exactly love the green color on the one I originally got, so hes like damn you got hooked up you got 2 now and he told me he could fix it or I could go exchange it so thats my story..

mc91d1.jpg

The 3rd one is the new one the only thing I switched was the color part since it wasnt threading right on the new one.

Can the threading be fixed? And can the insulator be replaced too?

Also would an efest 1600mah 30A battery make a difference in vapor?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
That's an interesting battery arcebelaced. What did they tell you about it when you bought it?

I've Googled for it and can not find it in any vape shops. eBay and a bunch of battery suppliers carry it. From what I saw, it's either the Sony 'SE US18650VT 2B' at 1300 mAh, rated for 10 amps or it's the 'SE US18650VT C2' 1800 mAh, rated 20 amps. Both batteries have the same markings on them.

The 20A battery should be IMR lithium ion because of the amp rating and be safe.

Regarding the 10A battery, I know of no ICR 18650 battery that rates as high as 10A or has a capacity as low as 1300 mAh so I'm guessing it's probably IMR, but I don't know the ICR batteries well because I don't use them. Unprotected ICR batteries are not safe for use in any e-cig. Protected ICR batts are not considered safe in mechanical mods.

Your 0.5 ohm RDA will draw a bit under 8 amps. If it were me I would not use the battery because I don't know for sure what it is, how good it is, and 8 amps is getting a bit close to the 10A limit on the 2B in this situation.

Getting a higher amp rated battery will make no difference to your vapor, but it will let you use lower resistance coils safely.

RTDVapor is a known good battery supplier who do not sell counterfeits. You want IMR or hybrid high drain batts with a high enough amp rating to give you some cushion for shorts. The AW 1600 mAh and the MNKE look good to me for your application.

Getting a higher amp rated battery will make no difference to your vapor, but it will let you use lower resistance coils safely.

how lucky! my mod shorted out right after i could return it so ill be vapeless for a little while.

Getting more voltage that would make your vapor better but you really don't want that with sub-ohms. you are talking about the SONY US18650VTC3 batteries? you can find those cheaper else were if you want to search. Those batteries let you get a little lower than .2 ohms just remember to use ohms law (V=IR).

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
These batteries without the tabs
Sony SE US18650VT T C11 High Drain 20A 1300mAh Lithium Li on 18650 Battery Tab | eBay
20A High Drain...

Still most recommend KNOWN good high drain so you don't blow your face off

I thought you got it WarHawk when I saw your post, but I had another look at the picture in the OP and it's not 'C11' on the battery, but '2B'. Look under the 'SE US'. I didn't realize that was part of the model number.

So we're back to 1300 mAh at the 10A I found earlier which I can't find again now. I did find them here now with 15A stated, but it's Alibaba.

I think I need coffee!

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yup, that efest is good.

If you can exchange it because of the threads I would do that. Fixing it is going to require a bit of finesse with a small file and/or a Dremel hand grinder.

I assume the insulator is the one that goes on the spring. Correct? I don't know if you can buy one anywhere, or if you can get a replacement switch. Suggest you start a new thread and ask that question. More people will see it that way.

HTH!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread