Kick 2 without Kick Sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIFA

Apr 2, 2013
West Palm Beach, FL
Hey folks. I would like to use my Kick 2 with an 18490 battery. The problem is the 2 pins on the Kick 2. I can't seem to put on the top half of my SB without the pins getting in the way. I've tried pushing the pins in and then attaching the top, but the springs just pop right out before I can make contact with the threads to screw it down.

Now, of course it works fine with the sleeve since I can put it in there and then screw it all together. I would much rather use an 18490/18500. How do I make this work? The only solution I see is grinding down two pathways in order to make it work. There has to be a simpler solution that I must be missing.

Thanks.

woodardjd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Midwest City, OK
I was just having a talk about this yesterday at the Lexington store Grand opening. Conclusion: without the kick sleeve it is not possible to use the v2kick without modifying the SB.
I tried and am still trying to stock up on new/used v1 kick. I don't need more than 8-9w though.

Evolv has them on the sitr for $19.99

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Hey folks. I would like to use my Kick 2 with an 18490 battery. The problem is the 2 pins on the Kick 2. I can't seem to put on the top half of my SB without the pins getting in the way. I've tried pushing the pins in and then attaching the top, but the springs just pop right out before I can make contact with the threads to screw it down.

Now, of course it works fine with the sleeve since I can put it in there and then screw it all together. I would much rather use an 18490/18500. How do I make this work? The only solution I see is grinding down two pathways in order to make it work. There has to be a simpler solution that I must be missing.

Thanks.

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1501000

Kick 1.5 (has the pin like the 2, but is a clone of a clone of a clone more than likely...I have one enroute, will definitely be giving a review)

Have you tried putting on the sleeve, putting in the kick from the bottom and using the battery to slide/shove it up inside the entire assembly? (worth a shot, just be gentle)

Hmm...appears the Silver Bullet doesn't have a battery tube end cap

0167l_1_1.jpg

So battery tube is an 18650 tube, drop in 18490/18500 kick should slide down in the battery tube right?

Can you provide some pics as to what it's doing...hopefully there is a solution...

Oh wait...the kick sleeve...you can use a good AW 18350 IMR and a kick, or with kick sleeve it makes it a "full" 18650 size tube (thus the 18490 and a kick size)

http://www.electronic-cigz.com/sibukisl.html

Ah heck...I don't know...don't have a SB...tons of threads though! (from those threads it says "The kicked SB without the extension takes 18500's" if in it's default configuration can run an 18500, OR you can kick an 18350 but as I said above you need VERY good 18350's)
https://www.google.com/search?q=sil...te:www.e-cigarette-forum.com&biw=1272&bih=517

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread