It begins here

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Muncie, Indiana, USA
Hello to all who are reading this introduction of my person to you.

I've been a smoker for about 15 years, but have been nic addicted for roughly ever. I helped my uncle harvest his tobacco for years and years when I was younger, and that is what really started my addiction to cigarettes.

I'm a somewhat course and callous person at times. I'm generally easy going and easy to get along with, but I do have my moments where I clash and but heads with others for what seems like no real reason.

I'm here mainly for the DIY stuff. I've become intrigued by this Mad Murdock stuff. I have always thought of myself as creative, and this is just another outlet for me to get some experience in and try to show my handiwork. I'm looking mainly into making my own juices and possibly trying to open up an online store for them in the future. But first I must overcome one big thing, and that is the initial learning of the way to flavor and make them properly. I don't ever expect to hit on something like Pluid, but it would be awesome if one day my name were big like Mad Murdock's.

I do vape myself, and am learning about this stuff from my spouse who is far more into it than I am, as I was mainly looking for a way to cut back on my cigarette consumption of sometimes 3 packs a day. It has done a great job thus far, and Freak Show is pretty darned good. As per what kind of E-Cig I have...well...it's the one that she gave me to use. I hope that you have some idea of what it is based on that. No? Okay well it vaporizes e-juice, and that is all I know about it currently. I'll get more in depth with that as time goes along.

I'm not sure what else to say in my sleep deprived state. If I think of something else I'll bump it up and let you know.

-VZ

VoodooZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Muncie, Indiana, USA
I just think that they look awkward at the moment, most of the mods and the like that I have been shown well they are just big bulky thingies. And that is awkward to me at this point.

Given time, and the ability to play around with this stuff, I'm sure that it will come along with everything else like normal, and I'll dive in head first and get into trouble with it because I'm constantly doing something with it and ignoring things. Which I tend to do more often than not.

As for what my kit is...what she said.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Initially, the form factor is very important. Once you vape for a while, the performance factor takes first seat.

So far, we cannot put long battery life and all the bells and whistles in cigalike type devices. The best we have today, so far, imho, is the iTaste 3.0's. Smaller than a Twist or Spinner, about an inch longer than your 650, but a full featured APV. I got mine at IVape.com, and using discount code itastevv, you can get a 30% discount. I have four and can say they do not make you feel too uncomfortable, like the bigger light saber devices (which I do use and love, btw). Good luck to you! I hope to be able to try your most excellent juice some day. welcome to the Forum, all the best!

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Well, as I know your spouse :p I'm gonna jump right in and tell you to "grow a pa....." Wait....maybe I shouldn't say that :ohmy: jump into a mod (VW) - the juices taste better at different wattages (or volts too). The more satisfied you are the more likely you are to succeed. :) and the more likely you'll catch the nuances in the juices - and subsequently your creations:)

Welcome to ECF!

VoodooZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Muncie, Indiana, USA
I actually just saw a mod that I thought looked very good. On the cell it looked like the neurilizer from Men In Black, but upon a full screen inspection it is something much closer to a light saber in look. It's the Itaste 134. I think it looks kinda neat, but it is something that I don't think I need at this point. Right now, I'll stick with the little fella, and get into this a little more.

That particular item does seem to be a little closer to not looking vulgar than most of them do. Which is good in my opinion. I don't want to try to explain that to my immature friends in the least. Thanks for the info on that. I'll have to bookmark the page so I don't lose it. I'm really looking for functionality in them at the moment, as I work in a Liquor store, and I need to be able to carry it in my pocket without it getting my pants caught on everything in sight. (cleaning up cases of busted beer is no ones good day ever.) This is my biggest complaint about the tube mods. They are just so bulky.

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
Hey VZ! I am glad you finally arrived! I think you would really like that MVP 2.0 it's shaped like a box. or have kittyn show you the VTR again it weighs a ton but well built I am told. I like it, but if it's as heavy as they say, it's not for me,(tears in my eyes)

I am another friend of Kittyn's, You are one lucky guy!

I hope you become very successful making DIY juices and I get to enjoy some one day soon!

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hey VZ, welcome to ECF. I am another of the crew that hangs out with your amazing wife, Kittyn. You are now about to venture into an incredible journey. Kinda like Dorothy taking that first step on the Yellow Brick Road.

I agree with Jazz concerning the equipment. I think that the MVP2 would be the perfect device for you to start with. It is much more rugged than your ego or the itaste v3 and it will allow you to use a wide variety of different juice delivery devices so that you can fine tune the taste of the juices you vape. It will also allow you to have a better reliable device to test your own concoctions when the time comes. And it is hard to beat for portability and battery life.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Love your sig! I'm a transplanted Philly girl, living in AL...go figure! lol

Well I wasn't born here but moved here in 87- and yep, Philly is part of me.

Married loxmythe :wub: nearly 2 years ago (we are an ECF marriage :) ) and his house is 100 miles away - suppose I'll change my location soon :p as we're selling this house .

JJ1977

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
hello VoodooZero, as far as mods lol im pleased with a lavatube and vamo v3, ordered my mvp v2 earlier today should be in wednesday or thursday. now onto the DIY, you got nic, pg/vg base, sweetners and lets not forget flavors. don't go hog crazy buying flavors like someone i know (me that is lol). taste is subjective, what you might like someone else might not, and try to have patience as some of us dont here when it comes to waiting to vape new flavor juices. i do have to say my peaches n cream tastes great in a kanger/DCT but horrible in other tanks. there are alot of people here to help you into your journey into diy so my only advice, buckle up your in for the ride of your DIY life :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread