Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Uh oh...I've really gone and done it this time. Slowly...ever so slowly I've been trying to get my lovely and talented wife to follow suit and drop the cigs. She has been onboard with vaping but not over the top , like me. A while back, I got her an EGO kit and a few juices she'd like. She picked it up from time to time but never quit smoking. Whats good is she enjoys vaping. So I gave her an old Vamo with an old Protank. She liked it better...but still...on the fence. Recently I was out of town and stopped in a B&M just to snoop around a bit. They were running a special on the SVD...I've heard good things and the price was right, so I got her one and some PINK Protank 2's for her. I emphasize PINK so she wouldn't think I was actually buying them for me. She really liked it and showed much more enthusiasm towards vaping as a means of enjoyment and a replacement for tobacco cigarettes. She wanted to try a bunch of my different flavors, so I set up an IGO and we did some dripping together. It was so nice to see her so enthusiastic about vaping and really nice to be able to spend time together in the Vape Lounge...(my office)

Yesterday, I filled a Boge LR with her favorite juice...slapped it in an IBTanked and set up my ProVari Mini in 18350 mode. If you've never seen it, a ProVari Mini in Mini mode with an IBTanked on top is not only small...it's beautiful. Especially with the ProVari beauty ring installed. I walked into the living room and said "hey honey, why don't you try this for the day...I think you'll like it!"

What the hell was I thinking???

Long story longer, I no longer own a ProVari Mini and I'm out at least 1 IBTanked. Here's the really important part...she hasn't smoked since. That's awesome and cool and all that...but I'm still out my Mini! Hahahaha! I love it when a plan comes together! Thank you ProVape!

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Long story longer, I no longer own a ProVari Mini and I'm out at least 1 IBTanked. Here's the really important part...she hasn't smoked since. That's awesome and cool and all that...but I'm still out my Mini! Hahahaha! I love it when a plan comes together! Thank you ProVape!

LOL's! Great story, now go get yourself a new mini! ;)

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
    Oct 11, 2013
    Rochester, New York, USA
    Good job on the intervention part- Bye Bye Provari- guess you now have to buy another hehe
    Uh oh...I've really gone and done it this time. Slowly...ever so slowly I've been trying to get my lovely and talented wife to follow suit and drop the cigs. She has been onboard with vaping but not over the top , like me. A while back, I got her an EGO kit and a few juices she'd like. She picked it up from time to time but never quit smoking. Whats good is she enjoys vaping. So I gave her an old Vamo with an old Protank. She liked it better...but still...on the fence. Recently I was out of town and stopped in a B&M just to snoop around a bit. They were running a special on the SVD...I've heard good things and the price was right, so I got her one and some PINK Protank 2's for her. I emphasize PINK so she wouldn't think I was actually buying them for me. She really liked it and showed much more enthusiasm towards vaping as a means of enjoyment and a replacement for tobacco cigarettes. She wanted to try a bunch of my different flavors, so I set up an IGO and we did some dripping together. It was so nice to see her so enthusiastic about vaping and really nice to be able to spend time together in the Vape Lounge...(my office)

Yesterday, I filled a Boge LR with her favorite juice...slapped it in an IBTanked and set up my ProVari Mini in 18350 mode. If you've never seen it, a ProVari Mini in Mini mode with an IBTanked on top is not only small...it's beautiful. Especially with the ProVari beauty ring installed. I walked into the living room and said "hey honey, why don't you try this for the day...I think you'll like it!"

What the hell was I thinking???

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Here's the thing...and don't you dare tell her...I generally used the mini with the extention cap and an 18490. That made it the same size as my standard ProVari....but I've been eyeballin the SvoeMesto Semovar. Explaining to her why I needed another $200 mod is what has prevented me from hitting the "buy" button so far. I think it's pretty obvious what I need to do in order to stay off cigarettes.

I need to buy a Semovar AND another ProVari Mini!

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    But now Mrs. Asbestos is going to start seeing shinies too. You won't have to fight about vape mail any more, but can you afford two collectors in the house even with her smoking savings? :lol:

For Sale: A 5 year old, fully trained Shutzhund certified German Shepherd, A 4 year old Black Lab who can catch any frisbee ever thrown, 2 really cool cats rescued from the wild who have nothing to offer except really bad breath and a lot of laughs, A lightly used 17 year old boy who is 6'5", 260 lbs, bench presses 420 and is a really good left tackle...also offers really bad breath and a lot of laughs, and 4 Oscar fish ranging from 7-10 inches long...not sure about their breath.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2013
    The Vobbit Hole
    But now Mrs. Asbestos is going to start seeing shinies too. You won't have to fight about vape mail any more, but can you afford two collectors in the house even with her smoking savings? :lol:

Just keep her off ECF and you'll be fine! I swear, if I hadn't found this place I'd still be on an ego knockoff with a t3! Stated as I puff away on a Provari and eye my growing collection of mechs, rebuildables and tanks.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Admit it! That was your plan all along to get her off the smokes and finally into vaping.

Yep, Similar to mine story, only with purple. I just made sure I doubled on everything I got just for her. When she finally started to like it better, I took her to the local B&M and let her pick out an eVic...

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    You sacrificed a ProVari to get your wife off of stinkies?

I hope she appreciates what a fine, upstanding man she has and bears you many children.
    Again...the first one is 17, 6'5", 260 lbs and benching 420....we apparently make em BIG. (I won't mention the fact that we have an enormous mailman...I'm sure it's a coincidence...she even told me so)

Any more of those and I'll need to sell the other ProVari.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    Again...the first one is 17, 6'5", 260 lbs and benching 420....we apparently make em BIG. (I won't mention the fact that we have an enormous mailman...I'm sure it's a coincidence...she even told me so)

I'll pass that on to Coach Saban. :D

Seriously, a ProVari is replaceable. A good woman is not.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    I'll pass that on to Coach Saban. :D

Seriously, a ProVari is replaceable. A good woman is not.
    I usually try my best not to be very serious...especially on a forum...But you sure nailed it with that comment. I thought I felt good about not smoking....that feeling is nothing compared to seeing her put them down. In all honesty, she's welcome to anything I have if it helps. She's not the type to do a bunch of reading or research into something like vaping so thank God for ECF! What I've learned here and been able to pass on to her ...well, it's been priceless. It's cool to see her getting excited about it!

As far as Saban goes...Urban Meyers has first shot!!! Go Buckeyes!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains
    For Sale: A 5 year old, fully trained Shutzhund certified German Shepherd, A 4 year old Black Lab who can catch any frisbee ever thrown, 2 really cool cats rescued from the wild who have nothing to offer except really bad breath and a lot of laughs, A lightly used 17 year old boy who is 6'5", 260 lbs, bench presses 420 and is a really good left tackle...also offers really bad breath and a lot of laughs, and 4 Oscar fish ranging from 7-10 inches long...not sure about their breath.

Dibs on the dogs! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread