Itaste SVD - Only with Tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deimos319

Oct 27, 2013
Prescott, AZ
Hi all!

New here. Have an e-go smok and kanger protank II right now. I want to switch to a mod. I'm tired of gurgling, dripping, and being in "vape hell" too often. I just want to enjoy my vape. So it seems time to switch to a mod!

I'm looking at ordering the Innokin Itaste SVD. I want a mod that I can just drip into, and not use a tank, because tanks have just been a headache for me (and yes, I've tried everything!)

Can I drip into the SVD, or is it only to be used with a tank? I'm looking all over and can't find the simple answer.

Thanks!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Hi all!

New here. Have an e-go smok and kanger protank II right now. I want to switch to a mod. I'm tired of gurgling, dripping, and being in "vape hell" too often. I just want to enjoy my vape. So it seems time to switch to a mod!

I'm looking at ordering the Innokin Itaste SVD. I want a mod that I can just drip into, and not use a tank, because tanks have just been a headache for me (and yes, I've tried everything!)

Can I drip into the SVD, or is it only to be used with a tank? I'm looking all over and can't find the simple answer.

Thanks!
The SVD, like most all VV-VW APVs, will not fire below X resistance... most Innokin APVs start having issues at 1.0Ω - give or take a tenth or two.
So... as long as you keep your dripper resistance above that... say a nice easy 1.5Ω or better, you're good to go. If you want to play with RDAs and sub-ohm, you'll want an unregulated mech mod.

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
Any mod or ego is really just a power source, it doesn't really care what kind of delivery device you put on it. You just need to keep in mind what resistance you are going to be running on it. The SVD won't fire anything below 1.5ohm so building a coil lower than that on a dripper won't work on it, but that gets risky anyways.

deimos319

Oct 27, 2013
Prescott, AZ
Yes you can. I'm using and SVD and IGO-L, both of which I purchased yesterday. I'm lovin' it!

edit: I think there is a Jvapes in prescot, that's where I got my setup from.

Thank you! Good to know. Jvapes is in Prescott! They have the BEST juice, but the staff is very elitist and not very helpful. They contradict themselves a lot and don't seem to really care about their customers much. :oops:

deimos319

Oct 27, 2013
Prescott, AZ
Yes, the SVD is a really good all-around mod. I personally use a tank.

Side question, when you vape, what wattage/voltage are you vaping at? Maybe you are not vaping at a high enough W/V for the juice to vaporize and that is why you are getting the flooding. I was doing the same thing until someone showed me.

I vape at 3.6V (anything much higher and the Protank II burns the juice. As for wattage, I'm not sure.

deimos319

Oct 27, 2013
Prescott, AZ
The SVD, like most all VV-VW APVs, will not fire below X resistance... most Innokin APVs start having issues at 1.0Ω - give or take a tenth or two.
So... as long as you keep your dripper resistance above that... say a nice easy 1.5Ω or better, you're good to go. If you want to play with RDAs and sub-ohm, you'll want an unregulated mech mod.

What is dripper resistance all about? Right now, on the Protank II, I'm using a 2.5 ohm atomizer. I'm hoping to figure out how to build my own wicks for the SVD. Any tips on that? Thank you all for being so helpful!

deimos319

Oct 27, 2013
Prescott, AZ
I only have limited hands-on experience (a buddy was nice enough to let me try his), but if memory serves, it has both 510 and eGo threading. That should connect to nearly anything/everything out there (with very few exceptions).

Does that mean I have to purchase something to screw onto the SVD to put the coil/wicks on?

Donnie Narco

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
San Diego, CA
I vape at 3.6V (anything much higher and the Protank II burns the juice. As for wattage, I'm not sure.

I tried using voltage on my SVD, but I found it just much easier to vape using wattage. I have no idea why but it just seems I have more control over my mod and flavor when I use wattage. I vaped at 7w and couldn't pull much, then someone showed me that I should be around 13 (almost double!) and that really opened stuff up for me. Hope that helps.

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
Does that mean I have to purchase something to screw onto the SVD to put the coil/wicks on?

The SVD is only a power delivery device. Your kanger protank II would go on it.
Since it's the protank you want to get away from, you should try a different delivery device.
I been using The Vision Vivi Nova (2ml) for about 6 months with no problems. It comes with 2 replacement heads, I'm on the second. Not bad for $8 + shipping. It will work with your battery, but upgrading to a twist or SVD would be better. 1.8 ohm heads for a fixed battery or twist, 2.8ohm for a twist or SVD.
http://altsmoke.com/vision-vivi-replacement-coil-tank-kit.html

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
Thank you! Good to know. Jvapes is in Prescott! They have the BEST juice, but the staff is very elitist and not very helpful. They contradict themselves a lot and don't seem to really care about their customers much. :oops:

Sorry to hear that Deimos. I don't have that problem with the new store in Colo. Spgs.

deimos319

Oct 27, 2013
Prescott, AZ
Thank you all for your help! Agavehound, that's okay. I've just kind of resigned myself to it and I don't go to them for help anymore. Just enjoy their juice. Here is what I ordered from fasttech.com -

1 x INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod / Battery Compartment
1 x Authentic Samsung ICR18650-26F 18650 3.7V 2600mAh Protected Rechargeable Lithium Batteries 2-pack / with carrying case
1 x Trustfire TR-006 3.0V/4.2V Li-ion Battery Charger for 25500 / 26650 / 26700 / 18650 / 16340
1 x RDA Mini Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (1.5ml) stainless steel / 3-airhole / 2.4O

Hope it works out! I just want to live in "Vape Heaven!"

bcollier9253

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
Any mod or ego is really just a power source, it doesn't really care what kind of delivery device you put on it. You just need to keep in mind what resistance you are going to be running on it. The SVD won't fire anything below 1.5ohm so building a coil lower than that on a dripper won't work on it, but that gets risky anyways.
I beg to differ. I was firing a 28ga.1.1ohmn nano microcoil in a PT2 on on my SVD with no problems. And that was at 14 watts. Huge vapor and flavor to boot!
Would I recommend it, probably not since the SVD is not really designed for sub ohmn or near sub ohmn. That stuff is a whole nother realm.

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com

Officially the SVD won't fire coils below 1.2 ohms (or was it 1.1?). Both of mine, however, will fire 0.9 ohm coils (at 0.8 it won't fire anymore). The device is still limited to 15 watts, so with a 0.9 ohm coil it will only use 3.7 volts even if you've set it higher. A 0.9 ohm coil is no riskier than a coil above 1 ohm.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread